Key Of Solomon

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Does Anyone practice this, or have experiences and knowledge to share?

This is for pure educational purposes only so I don't suggest anyone not familiar should try these techniques and rituals if one pursues this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_of_Solomon
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I have heard of them, but that is all. Huff has a book on them, and has read it, but I have not had time to read it myself.

Bryan talks about them all the time, and I think he might practice with them. That is a possibility, but you would have to ask him. It is possible he might would know more about them, since he is Jewish, and that is something from his heritage.

I don't have any definitive answers for you, so sorry. I did give you what limited knowledge I had, but I also gave you some possible leads.

Hope this helps.

Just my 2cents anyway.
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

The key of Solomon, also known as clavicula solomonis, is an ancient work translated from from several different languages and incomplete, from what I have seen. That being said the key is very detailed and all the entities that they show how to summon must be done in exactly the fashion described to the letter or it will go wrong.
All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Aurora Magick
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

There are lots of interpretations of the summonings detailed in the goetia.
Depending on the version you read, some are translated as literally requiring ritual garb made of a lion's pelt and for disks engraved with the seal of the deity you choose to work with to be made of solid gold or other metals.

There are very relaxed, and very strict, ways of looking at it. Some people say they are demons others say they are normal gods. The long and short of it seems to be that evil or not they are insanely powerful. They aren't as "busy" appearing as say, Lucifer, and may be receptive to innocent inquiries if you want to build a relationship with them, but some of them certainly are dangerous and have the potential to harm you if you make any missteps.

I've been debating working with the princes of hell, particularly a couple which are listed in the goetia, if I do decide to take the plunge I will let everyone know how it goes.
edsphinx
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: edsphinx
Zodiac:

Do you already started with the preparations for Geotia rituals, or still setting up everything?
Dark Blessings,
edsphinx
Aurora Magick
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

edsphinx wrote:Do you already started with the preparations for Geotia rituals, or still setting up everything?
It should be noted that if I go through with it I wont be using the goetia rituals. I'll be approaching them the same way I would approach any deity I wanted a relationship with.
If I had the cash for that kind of stuff... haha...
Morag Rockwind
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't have one yet but willing to learn it.
Zodiac:

I don't practice them persay but one of my anscestors has and I have the knowledge to show for it. Here is a warning. These aren't your average entities. Most of them are extremely powerful and are meant for one who is advanced in their craft. Dealing with them is not like dealing with a vampire or fae. That's for sure.
Aurora Magick
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I don't think dealing with any deity is comparable to dealing with a vampire or fae...
But I also think that they're probably greatly exaggerated as to how evil they are.

One of the many reasons the intense bias against anything not exclusively white light is bad, people are like oh they're called goetic demons, must be terrible. How many people have actually worked with them though? not many.
Far as I can tell people who work with the goetia are separate from spirit keeping and in some cases even other black magick practices. There is more than one written approach which portrays them as inner aspects of yourself rather than being deities at all. People do that, and it works for them, so it becomes wholly debatable what they in fact are if all we're going by is peoples experiences. If they were in fact evil gods, wouldn't those who worked with them to better themselves while not even acknowledging their existence as gods be the type to anger them the most?

It's an interesting subject, though I do consider myself more interested in the princes of hell specifically than the rest of them. Lots of older magick is quite simply geared to get men laid or for power, and I have no desire nor need for fathoms of women to lay before me or legions of demons at my command. So not many of them really interest me to be honest...
Aurora Magick
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I wanted to update and just say I did have an experience with Belial...
It was awesome and more details are on my blog.
I am not sure when I will work with another goetic demon right now.
edsphinx
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: edsphinx
Zodiac:

Just read the post, you did the Goetia invocation or used another method to get that experience?
Dark Blessings,
edsphinx

Return to “Books & Literature”