You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 14
Your favorite spirit to work with: Monsters
If I could be anything, I would be...: kitsune
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Kit
Zodiac:

have you ever seen a child running in the street with an umbrella, and then noticed it rains immediately after?
you may just have been in the presence of:
Ame-furi-kozō
http://www.obakemono.com/obake/amefurikozo/

when you see a little boy running the streets with umbrella made of husk over themselves as a cover it is said that was Ame-furi-kozo. Just know that this yokai is a messenger of the rain - not to play a trick, but just know, timing isnt perfect! sometimes this yokai would appear at the wrong place at the wrong time - what? this yokai still has to get to its destination as well!
I would imagine this yokai was a playful little guy - seems to like to play in the rain - might be great for people who enjoy the rainy day weather!
LU.??MS
Chaos in a stream of ecstatic fire
Loose desire upon those who acclimate to stale order
No Karma perception - only truth of understanding and the faculties of being within a world abound in dimensional craft.
Right now we are following the dimensional craft of the world, please hold and we will get to your call shortly!
Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

Thats for all this info! This is really interesting and I'll keep looking here for more.
3graveyardvultures
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: ALL
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: no name

Thank you for the wonderful reading material ,I truly enjoy it . :heart:
We must let go of the life we have planned,
so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
Joseph Campbell

Image*Image*
Image*Image*Image
Argonel
new here
new here

I found a very well done depiction of a Kitsune (It's more based on the Kumiho, the Korean adaption of the Kitsune) in a video-game I play and thought I would make a contribution. :3

I look forward to the updates you make.

::nice::
Kit
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Have a fear of spiders? this may not help....
Today is a look at:
Jorōgumo
http://www.obakemono.com/obake/jorogumo/

also known as prostitute spider, hidden spider, trapping waters spider...
whatever have you, this may be one spider you dont want to get close to if you are unsure about its intentions....thats not to say the this yokai is of bad nature, and in fact could be just as helpful as any other yokai for what they could bring to life. Just know though, that Jurogumo hasnt always been at its best with human society - many tales have mentioned Jurogumo to be sending humans under spell and traps of their webs - slowly taking their life essence when needed, sometimes allowing the human to live so that the spider may grow strong, fast. Other times.....well, that depends on the tale. Some tales tell that Jurogumo gets seen for what they are and is killed in its giant spider form - this in turn ends the tale. Sometimes the spider she/he is killed but is carrying babies...and so the warriror(s) do battle against the babies....
whichever way you look at it - their is rivalry between the human and Jurogumo...
but let it be known that with this their can be companionship....in terms...
when the spider is down at the pool of water - and the warrior outsmarts the spiders trap line by placing a log in his place on the line - the spider offers there help to the warrior for his cunning was truly magnificent.
The Jurogumo is an interesting yokai...in a way it could be put bluntly that this yokai is doing nothing but having a means to survive - as well as have a way for its young to survive...
but most see them as fair tales that if you see a person in the forest kind enough to offer a room to stay in....you may want to decline the offer...because it may be the Jurogumos hut for its web weaving....

^take this information with lightness and with a grain of salt ^.^
LU.??MS
No Karma perception - only truth of understanding and the faculties of being within a world abound in dimensional craft.
Right now we are following the dimensional craft of the world, please hold and we will get to your call shortly!
Kit
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

this just may be the yokai for fairy-like keepers! as this yokai is noticed as a fae-like being in a yokai sense (een though thats also general for most yokai - but this one can be defined within that range) anyways this yokai is known as:
Kijimunā
http://www.obakemono.com/obake/kijimuna/
there are trees that are noticed to be special in a way - these trees are noticed as gajumaru (sp?...). These trees are seen as special as they are to be the homes of Kijimuna. These creatures are said to be red haired, with tiny bodies, and to look like little boys. As with most yokai - that are red haired - or in some fashion of red, they are known to be seen with fire sometimes - or to be able to give off fire - they steal the fire from paper lanterns and run off with it in play or for their own need. Although mostly seen from trees - these yokai are known to be skilled fishermen and yet only finish off an eye and leave the rest because their memory is not that good - or in fact their attention just wanders.
These yokai can be friendly - and relationships can be formed - but give notice to the fact that as these spirits have shorter attention spans they may not be able to have a full focused mind and this may make the relationship hit ruts that may not be in the huans favor.
They do not like octupus - so if a human wanted to drive these little guys away, they would lay out an octopus and the kijimuna would then depart back to the trees.

take this information with lightness.
LU.??MS
hanabushi
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Undecided!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Youkai
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Kinjou
Zodiac:

I love all your info XD Thank you so much for putting this out there. :D
MasochisticMoans
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everything~

::nice:: Thanks for all the great info~! I love reading about all the different yokai!
It makes me feel all happy bubbly inside. Which reminds me of an anime that I watched a little of. It is called KamiChu and this junior high girl wakes up one day and realizes she is a god and has special powers. It is just the cutest frickin anime and I really really need to watch the rest of it O_o

Another Random thought: Ever play Muramasa:The Demon Blade for the Wii? It is amazing! The art is based off of japanese water color. This game makes me absurdly happy >< I'm a sucker for great art and japanese lore :crazy:
My favourite game when I was young was Pocky and Rocky where you play as either Pocky, a shinto shrine maiden or her friend Rocky the raccoon. Oh oh oh and the Okami games!!!!! They are great too~! Especially Okami-den. That is just too super frickin cute .__.

..aha and I get slightly off topic..just slighty x)...
Kit
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

hanabushi wrote:I love all your info XD Thank you so much for putting this out there. :D

you are very much welcome!
MasochisticMoans wrote:::nice:: Thanks for all the great info~! I love reading about all the different yokai!

you are welcome i am glad you enjoy the info! ^.^
MasochisticMoans wrote:..aha and I get slightly off topic..just slighty x)...

noooooooo woorriiieesss!!! ^.^ i dont mind having a topic go slightly off course its all in the fun of it lol :D

anyways time for a little more info before the year is up!! ^.^

Today the info is for!!

Ushi-oni:
http://www.obakemono.com/obake/ushioni/

This is one yokai that you do not want to meet in the forest....>.>...
Representing a bull/or ox you can see that his yokai is of brutal and maddening strength! Known for being quite tempermental - this yokai is very known for causing madness and plague. But also know that it is known for having many forms - some state that its a bull/ox...others have it with chimeric traits - such as having the head of a cat or even the head of an ogre. The Ushi-oni like any yokai with great magick can take the appearance of a human - and sometimes can appear as a woman (to trick and decieve)....
The Ushi-oni in many cases (especially in recent forms) appears as a monstrous spider form....and is a form of madness itself....
There are many tales of Ushi-oni attacks and spreading its madness and bringing forth the end of warriors....
LU.??MS
Kit
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Ittan-momen:
http://www.obakemono.com/obake/ittanmomen/

Ittanmomen, A very odd form but is actually impressive...dont be fooled by a piece of cotton floating in the wind when it reaches dusk - as this may be Ittanmomen...and may be something you want to stay away from. As much as this is a "simple" form it is known that Ittanmomen may be a form that another yokai takes in an attempt to trick a human and suffocate them to death. Usually wraps around the humans head (mouth) and causes their breathing to come to a halt. If one stabs the Ittanmomen they will see that blood has been spilled and has come from this tricky form.
LU.??MS

Return to “Educational Material”