Sloppy Shrimp/Scallops

Share your favorite recipes that are to die for!
LilyJadeSphynx
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Skinwalker
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lily Jade Sphynx
Zodiac:

This is an awesome dish. I make it using peeled, deveined, tail ON shrimp...the messiness makes it even better...lol.

Sloppy Scallops/Shrimp

1/2 cup of shrimp stock/chicken stock/what ever you got (I prefer using 2 beef bouillon cubes in ½ cup water; it gives this dish a more robust flavor, sort of like French onion soup with a kick)
1/2 cup of beer (light or dark) (I prefer Budweiser )
1/2 cup of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic (crushed) (you can buy the minced/chopped in a jar; it will tell you how much to use, it is either 1 tsp or 1 tbsp per clove)
2 tbsp of rosemary or Italian seasoning (I use Rosemary; fresh is best, if using dried I put in in with the boulion cube/water and put it in the microwave for a minute or two)
2 tsp of salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
1 stick of butter
1 large fresh tomato chopped
2 lbs of shrimp/scallops (I have made it using both the shrimp and the scallops; the scallops are a little sweeter than the shrimp; it is great either way.)
juice of one lemon (we cheat and use RealLemon 1 tbsp; otherwise it gets really tangy)
1 tbsp hot pepper sauce (I used red, like Louisiana)
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce

This dish makes really fast, I normally assemble all the dry spices in a cup/bowl and have them and all the other ingredients measured out before starting. It is well worth the effort of getting all the ingredients.

Sauté garlic and butter, add olive oil, (the olive oil will keep the butter from burning, I usually add it right from the beginning); then add all the rest of the dry spices.
Add beer, hot sauce and worstershire, then shrimp/scallops. Cook until the meat is done.

Serve with sliced crispy garlic bread or bread of choice. I use French bread; lightly toasted; dip it in the broth and enjoy (I actually could eat just the bread dipped in the broth; it is that good).

Hot Damn Gouda Grits
Make up a pot of grits.
Add minced garlic to taste.
Stir in 1 lb of shredded smoked gouda cheese until melted.

Spray a baking dish with PAM (or use shortning/butter); pour the grits into the baking dish, and refrigerate for a couple hours until set.

Cut the grits into triangles, dip them into milk, then flour, then milk and flour again. Fry until they are golden brown....and enjoy.
'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the ways its animals are treated" ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Bryrose
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon & Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me!!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Bryrose
Zodiac:

This sounds amazing! Definitely going to give it a try! Thanks for sharing!

Stop looking for a miracle. You are the miracle. Instead, look to be an angel. You could be someone's saving grace. Someone needs you today.
LilyJadeSphynx
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Skinwalker
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lily Jade Sphynx
Zodiac:

It is absolutely amazing. My husband is a diabetic, and with the exception of the bread, he can gorge himself on this and it does not affect his blood sugar.
'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the ways its animals are treated" ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Mmmmmmm shrimps..... oh how tasty they are, their little shrimpy selves.. I devour them with much satisfaction. Mwahahah.
I will have to try this recipe sometime.
Bryrose
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon & Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me!!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Bryrose
Zodiac:

LilyJadeSphynx wrote:It is absolutely amazing. My husband is a diabetic, and with the exception of the bread, he can gorge himself on this and it does not affect his blood sugar.

Wonderful since I'm hypoglycemic!

Stop looking for a miracle. You are the miracle. Instead, look to be an angel. You could be someone's saving grace. Someone needs you today.

Return to “Dinner to Die For”