Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

jinglestar wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:08 pm So true. It sounds like wow I am being selected by the spirit.

Rather than believe in ‘love at first sight’, it’s more reality to build up real relationships with the bounded spirit.

But the question is, spirit won’t easily trust people, why some of them are welcome randomly either one to become their keeper? As people who see the post could have a chance or possibility to bound to them if decided to do so
May I ask: what makes you say spirits won't easily trust people? That is an assumption that seems to be contradicted by the fact that very, very many accompany and guide people. (Some believe we each have multiple spirit guides in our life. That would make billions right now, on planet Earth. Plus there's those spirits who agree to be conjured and bound to be lifelong companions for Keepers.

I'm not sure if I understood exactly what you mean by "people who see the post could have a chance or possibility to bound to them if decided to do so". Based on my understanding of what you might mean: bonding takes place gradually by spending time together after a spirit has consented to be that person's companion. Someone doesn't bond with a spirit just by reading a post.

Is that what you meant?

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
jinglestar
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Lewk wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:18 am
jinglestar wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:08 pm So true. It sounds like wow I am being selected by the spirit.

Rather than believe in ‘love at first sight’, it’s more reality to build up real relationships with the bounded spirit.

But the question is, spirit won’t easily trust people, why some of them are welcome randomly either one to become their keeper? As people who see the post could have a chance or possibility to bound to them if decided to do so
May I ask: what makes you say spirits won't easily trust people? That is an assumption that seems to be contradicted by the fact that very, very many accompany and guide people. (Some believe we each have multiple spirit guides in our life. That would make billions right now, on planet Earth. Plus there's those spirits who agree to be conjured and bound to be lifelong companions for Keepers.

I'm not sure if I understood exactly what you mean by "people who see the post could have a chance or possibility to bound to them if decided to do so". Based on my understanding of what you might mean: bonding takes place gradually by spending time together after a spirit has consented to be that person's companion. Someone doesn't bond with a spirit just by reading a post.

Is that what you meant?
It’s because more than one people told me expect from the practitioner and the keeper, spirit don’t trust others and even won’t easier get touch with others.

I mean spirit are open to bound, people who read a post and pay could bound with a spirit. But if initially spirit is only close to practitioner, why they are open to either one to become their keeper? Take me as an example, I am the one who could rarely offer candle / incense because my family not allowed to, and I might spend less time to talk to them and sometime even forgotten their existence, and I am not the one with great physic ability and not working hard to increase those ability. So, I don’t understand why my spirit took those risk to bound to me, maybe they can have a better keeper, like the keeper is a practitioner, or the keeper with sensitive sense of the spirit world. Why always people chose the spirit, but not spirit chose who to bound?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

jinglestar wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:46 am [...]

It’s because more than one people told me expect from the practitioner and the keeper, spirit don’t trust others and even won’t easier get touch with others.

I mean spirit are open to bound, people who read a post and pay could bound with a spirit. But if initially spirit is only close to practitioner, why they are open to either one to become their keeper? Take me as an example, I am the one who could rarely offer candle / incense because my family not allowed to, and I might spend less time to talk to them and sometime even forgotten their existence, and I am not the one with great physic ability and not working hard to increase those ability. So, I don’t understand why my spirit took those risk to bound to me, maybe they can have a better keeper, like the keeper is a practitioner, or the keeper with sensitive sense of the spirit world. Why always people chose the spirit, but not spirit chose who to bound?
Well...it is said spirits come forward because they want to help us. (see also this article https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... ght=why+do. Also a good, modern custom conjuration method - like the ones CH use - bring a spirit who is best matched to us and best matched for our needs.

Keeping spirits is a responsibility. We need to maintain respect for our bound spirit companions. But being a spirit keeper is not difficult. We do not even need to be psychic. (see ---Do I need psychic abilities in order to interact with my spirit? https://shop.creepyhollows.com/spirit-k ... nners.html)

Some spirits are around us because they knew us in previous lives and want to be our guides and helpers in this one. They may be ready to come through during a conjuration for a companion for us. We also each have our guides in this lifetime.

The ones that respond to conjuration or are our existing spirit guides are not looking for the best keeper they can find - they are looking for a keeper they would be comfortable with and can be happy giving help and companionship to. I think most people who want to do spirit keeping will find there are good spirits who are more than okay being with us. They see things differently than us living humans.

It's no good thinking badly of ourselves, or comparing ourselves unfavourably with other Keepers. What does help is taking it easy - give yourself some credit - and things will go more smoothly as a Spirit Keeper.

Just talk to your spirits; invite their help with your life; let them feel included in your daily life. Anyone can do it.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

jinglestar wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:46 am
Lewk wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:18 am

Is that what you meant?

As @Lewk mentioned they see things differently than humans. Also they are not bound by a physical body like ours with a biology, which often causes shifts in hormones and also behaviors (like bad moods, irritation, lust and so on..), they live on another dimension.

I do not want to idealize spirits/entities against humans, but the ones who come for you have their reasons. They are not after how much you will communicate with them or notice them, mainly they are all about silently guiding.

My main guardian has been with me my entire life, I could see him when I was a child but then he became invisible because otherwise he would have interfered with my growth he said, and I was unaware of him for many years, till he thought I was mature enough to see him again and realize his presence so he came through a conjuration. Even though he was already there with me. He patiently waited for me about 27 years...

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 191
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

jinglestar wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:46 am It’s because more than one people told me expect from the practitioner and the keeper, spirit don’t trust others and even won’t easier get touch with others.

I think it is easy to assume that we "buy" the bindings with the spirits or entities bound in them, but it's quite the exact opposite. They chose us first, and we purchased their bindings later. So like Lewk said, give yourself some credits.
I saw it firsthand. Spirits and entities got sold almost immediately after being uploaded within 5-10 minutes, but there was this entity who spent all day on the site. I don't think nobody chose her. But she didn't choose them. And she turned out to be a friend of my elf's. She contacted the conjurer to put up her own listing for me. So it was me who she had already chosen. I could have given more examples, but I think one will suffice. People aren't the ones who choose their spirits, it's the other way around.

Just because you don't have the same experience as others, it doesn't mean that you're any less capable of achieving greatness. I've been quoted multiple times here, given attitudes, and some told me what I shouldn't do instead of providing reasons. It's important to remember that those people won't contribute to our journeys at all. We are all at different stages in our journeys and we should be patient with ourselves and each other.

Don't talk down to yourself. It is a blessing to have been chosen. It is you they feel close to, and it's you they want to guide.
I have multiple spirits, who have worked with practitioners before. They chose to work with me. I don't have fancy abilities listed above. Lol. Zero. None. And I don't practice. So there's that. It's not that the spirit doesn't trust others; it's just that once bound to a Keeper, they're completely loyal to that one person. Why would they trust the next random person?

You may feel that you are not doing enough for them, but remember that they help you out of love, without expecting anything in return. Just because you don't do these ABC things, which I'm sure they knew before they came home to you, doesn't mean they should stop helping you. You shouldn't feel bad about it.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Osean
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Osean
Zodiac:

Elijah wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:45 am
jinglestar wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:46 am It’s because more than one people told me expect from the practitioner and the keeper, spirit don’t trust others and even won’t easier get touch with others.

I think it is easy to assume that we "buy" the bindings with the spirits or entities bound in them, but it's quite the exact opposite. They chose us first, and we purchased their bindings later. So like Lewk said, give yourself some credits.
I saw it firsthand. Spirits and entities got sold almost immediately after being uploaded within 5-10 minutes, but there was this entity who spent all day on the site. I don't think nobody chose her. But she didn't choose them. And she turned out to be a friend of my elf's. She contacted the conjurer to put up her own listing for me. So it was me who she had already chosen. I could have given more examples, but I think one will suffice. People aren't the ones who choose their spirits, it's the other way around.

Just because you don't have the same experience as others, it doesn't mean that you're any less capable of achieving greatness. I've been quoted multiple times here, given attitudes, and some told me what I shouldn't do instead of providing reasons. It's important to remember that those people won't contribute to our journeys at all. We are all at different stages in our journeys and we should be patient with ourselves and each other.

Don't talk down to yourself. It is a blessing to have been chosen. It is you they feel close to, and it's you they want to guide.
I have multiple spirits, who have worked with practitioners before. They chose to work with me. I don't have fancy abilities listed above. Lol. Zero. None. And I don't practice. So there's that. It's not that the spirit doesn't trust others; it's just that once bound to a Keeper, they're completely loyal to that one person. Why would they trust the next random person?

You may feel that you are not doing enough for them, but remember that they help you out of love, without expecting anything in return. Just because you don't do these ABC things, which I'm sure they knew before they came home to you, doesn't mean they should stop helping you. You shouldn't feel bad about it.
All of this. I’ve been told by multiple conjurers that spirits have a choice on where they go. In the case if they decide not to go to a particular persons house the conjurer will do a custom for that person instead.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 191
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Osean wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:32 pm All of this. I’ve been told by multiple conjurers that spirits have a choice on where they go. In the case if they decide not to go to a particular persons house the conjurer will do a custom for that person instead.
I believe reputable conjurers ask each spirit if it's ok for them to come home to you and if they feel like it's not a good match, which I believe is rare, the conjurer will give you another pre-bound of the same race or criteria.
I can't give you many details about this, my Keep doesn't allow me to. But I had a situation with an entity before they even got shipped, so I didn't want to receive them. The conjurer gave me a refund instead of getting a pre-bound or doing a custom conjuring because the race is very hard to come by.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Osean
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Osean
Zodiac:

Elijah wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:09 am
Osean wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:32 pm All of this. I’ve been told by multiple conjurers that spirits have a choice on where they go. In the case if they decide not to go to a particular persons house the conjurer will do a custom for that person instead.
I believe reputable conjurers ask each spirit if it's ok for them to come home to you and if they feel like it's not a good match, which I believe is rare, the conjurer will give you another pre-bound of the same race or criteria.
I can't give you many details about this, my Keep doesn't allow me to. But I had a situation with an entity before they even got shipped, so I didn't want to receive them. The conjurer gave me a refund instead of getting a pre-bound or doing a custom conjuring because the race is very hard to come by.
I’ve never had it happen to me yet but it’s always been a question I asked with new conjurers I do business with. I do believe if a spirit/entity wants to come home with you they will find a way. My mom got her one and only vampire from a site she had never heard about from a secret admirer buying him for her. I’ve purchased entities that ended up being for her and vice versa.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”