Entities that can attack

nocturnal
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0

According to the Encyclopedia, there's quite a few entities that can provide protection and vengeance. They normally protect you from any harm, and some of them will avenge you if someone harms you.

My question is: Which entities can attack (as in create chaos, havoc, illness to) the enemies?

This is just an example. Let's say if someone did me wrong BEFORE I own a vengeful entity, and I want to retaliate. Which entity is best to attack, provided they don't know the history?

Can a Wraith/Gorgon attack an enemy if I assign him/her to? Bear in mind, this is for something that happens BEFORE the entity arrives, so they probably don't know what happened before they arrive.

Let me use this example:

Say, someone wronged me in February. And I got my Wraith/Gorgon/Peluda/Balaur in March. Therefore, the DA entity doesn't know about the fact that that person has wronged me. Can I still ask my DA entity to attack this person? Which DA entity is best for this kind of stuff?

Why so serious?
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

Linear time, as we know it, exists only on the physical plane. On the other planes of existance, time does not exist as it does here. An aeon is but the blink of an eye.

So in answer to your question, your spirits don't recognize before you owned them as a time period that doesn't count. Anything you feel strongly about, even years later, your spirits are going to pick up on.

They may not go into the 'past' looking for vengence, but if a trespass is still in the forefront of your mind, or you have strong feelings about it, then they are definately going to react to it.

Since most of these spirits are duplicious in nature, it is the feeling/intent/spiritual nature of the keeper that strongly influences the action of the entity.

Extreme physical manifestations would require a full and working knowledge of the occult arts.
There is a reason it is called 'occult' (that which is hidden) because there are keys that must be learned. If only someone had written all the secrets down.................... ah, but it doesn't work like that. There are some key books (Crowley's 777, the greater and lesser key of Solomon) which give only keys, but no working knowledge)

What to expect: karmic type retribution; bad luck, depression, in extreme cases, accidents, etc. In the case of someone trying to break into your house, peep in windows type of stuff, then a growl, glowing red eyes, something to spook the perp.

Say someone is trying to mug you on the street. It is very hard to affect human free will. However, that person can be distracted or feel threatened by some unexplained terror and run away. Or they can be deflected from pulling a trigger (if their intent is to rob and shoot you) by being distracted and re-focused in another direction - i.e. they think they see a police car drive by so they run instead, etc.

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
nocturnal
neophyte
neophyte

Thanks Alex. That answers my question.
Say someone is trying to mug you on the street. It is very hard to affect human free will. However, that person can be distracted or feel threatened by some unexplained terror and run away. Or they can be deflected from pulling a trigger (if their intent is to rob and shoot you) by being distracted and re-focused in another direction - i.e. they think they see a police car drive by so they run instead, etc.
That's actually good protection. But I would prefer creatures that can attack as well. Can the DA entity make the mugger trip and break his bone (or at least a minor injury)? Which DA entities are this aggressive?

Why so serious?
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Wraiths and Harpies are the powerhouses of the DA.

Your knowledge / energy/ and ability to use that energy will influence how your DA can manifest.

In other words, if you have knowledge of the occult keys plus the wisdom of how they are used, you can effect greater things thru your entities.

I'm not saying the mugger example can't fall and break a bone, it can happen. But with your own increased understanding and knowledge, you increase your power upon the other planes, and thus share that power with any entities that you own. Giving you greater control.

Does that make sense?

Nickleback
nocturnal
neophyte
neophyte

Yes, it makes sense.

So what DA creatures would you recommend me, Alex? At the moment, my DA entities from CH only consist of a Basilisk and an Encantado. I'm keen to add some more.

I'm not sure whether Harpies would suit me as they're more suitable to magic practitioners. And Wraiths seem to be a bit 'robotic'.

Werewolves and Black Dragons, according to the Encyclopedia, are fierce protectors, but nothing written about their capabilities to attack.

I'm thinking about getting either a Gorgon, a Balaur or a Peluda. Which one is the most aggressive?

Why so serious?
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

dear nocturnal - try doing this....take the names that alex suggested and go into the ch store under da (either spirit imbibed jewelry or spirit stone) and go into the names one by one to see if one pulls you to it more than another. i have black dragons, wraiths, hags, gorgons, hellhounds, karkadanns, nagas, cat sidhe and a c5 harpy so while i feel very protected....i do feel the harpy and wraiths are actually actively working to protect me 24/7. now, the others are also always waiting and watching, but there is just something about the wraith and harpy that i can't adequately explain. my hags and gorgons do also seem to be working together which is fabulous. hope some of this helps you a bit. take care and have a great weekend! arsine

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
DragonKeeper
venerated member
venerated member

Excellent advice/info so far, so I'll just add one of my experiences. I was looking at getting a Peluda and my black dragon informed me he could do the same things. I get the impression that direction is needed first he doesn't just react - but that is one of the groundrules I set - so we discuss what happens and appropriate responses - I truly believe if I wished it he would attack.

Peace, light & love

Phil

nocturnal
neophyte
neophyte

Arsine,

You have quite a collection there. I'm sure you feel very protected. But what I would like to purchase next is an entity that has tendencies to attack/offense, instead of protect/defense.

From what I gather from the Encyclopedia, Wraiths don't have tendency to be aggressive. I get the impression that they shield you from negative energies, and they provide vengeance when needed.

Phil,

What I prefer to keep next is an entity that can say "That person has ill intention towards you, let's do a pre-emptive strike" or "Let me attack that annoying person", instead of waiting for my command.

Based on the description from the Encyclopedia, Peludas and Balaurs seem to be a lot more aggressive (in terms of offense) than Wraiths or Black Dragons.

Maybe Ash can tell us more about Balaurs and Peludas?

Why so serious?
ambiew
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: faeries
Zodiac:

I think a Harpy would be cool

AMBER

"Vampires,werewolves and faeries make my life magikal"
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Arsine's Black dragon once ran her wheelchair into a man who refused to move aside and let her thru an aisle at the store. LOL. And wraiths, given full power without ground rules can be very vengeful.

But you have to ask yourself, if you give them free rein, at what point do they overstep the boundaries? When you disagree with your sweetheart or your mother? What if you girlfriend ended up in a wheelchair paralyzed from the neck down because you didn't want her running around with other guys during one of your 'apart' times when you are broken up? What if a neighbor gets hit by a truck because you wish they would go away? The thing is, lots of things are easier to do than to un-do.

As Ash has so often said: Owing a dark spirit is a responsibility.

Wraiths may be low maintence, but I have a close relationship with mine, especially the first one, who talks to me quite often, and gives warnings. I would not consider them robotic in the least. They are dynamite protectors on multiple levels.

Ash has another thread where he talked about doing an investigation on a house with a demon in it. He recommended in that thread a basilisk, a harpy and a wraith. Although gorgon, hags and any number of other spirits also serve as protection. He goes in with quite an army of help.

Black dragons are never to be toyed with, and given free rein, they will be conducting the orchastrea. They are very cunning and manipulative, their respect must be earned, for it is never just given. They are, in my belief, the strongest of all the spirits, but that is just my opinion.

Find a spirit that calls to you Nocturnal. You'll know the one when the time is right.

Nickleback

Return to “Dark Arts”