Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

It's been awhile since I posted a vent, but sometimes it just gets to a point of ludicrously that you have to just say it out loud to believe it.

I'm starting to think it's some sort of twisted rite of passage for every upcoming SK or magick site to take a poke at CH, and sometimes Ash & I personally. It's like they have to come up with some giant drama & sometimes completely fabricated nonsense to get accreditation. As if discrediting the CH Forum, its members, myself, Ash and the whole endeavor is some way of providing them accreditation? It's tiresome. We may not always agree with every practitioner out there, I'm sure they don't always agree with us either, but we've still opened the forum to the advertisements, and the marketplace to the sale of any practitioner who desires to participate as long as they are respectful of the members & the rules.

However, despite that it's like the way to initiate yourself into the paranormal community as a seller or a site owner is to slander, bash, belittle, and demean CH; whether it's as a whole, some or all of its members, and/or Ash & myself personally.

What people don't realize, and I'm sure the sellers/site owners will with time, is this isn't an easy job and cake walk all the time.... you find yourself being put into the middle of arguments often, you find yourself being betrayed & lied to by people, you find yourself being blamed for things you didn't do, and a lot of other high-stress situations. The more popular your site becomes, the bigger the target on your site. With more friends comes more enemies, and that's something I've realized over the last 10 years. It's inevitable, it's going to happen, so why bother making more stress? The way to prove yourself as a legitimate site & a legitimate practitioner is not running the competition down. Negativity begets negativity, and when you enter into a bash-fest with your friends you must realize that if they'd do that then what are they capable of doing to you? It happens. I've seen bosom-buddies on here go from being inseparable to downright nasty to each other. It happens. It's part of the reason I wrote that entire "Pitfalls that can rob you of your journey" post.

Why can't people just go about their own business? If you want to start a site, do it, if you want to start selling, do it, stomping over CH & its members isn't the way to do it. Obviously this isn't everyone or even most, but there's enough who go about playing the CH-bash game that it's worth mentioning. I've seen a number of sites pop up with the same stuff as CH, the same structure & model (Forum, Encyclopedia, MP), that's great, why not, the internet is a vast expanse of space, which is why I don't get the crowding issue. No one has to go over or through us, therefore I don't see the need to bash. If all the sellers & all the sites said, "agree to disagree" with some of the stuff and just moved on, the community would be so strong as a whole I wouldn't doubt the paranormal community would enter a new plateau of consciousness, and certainly it would make everyone involved feel more safe & comfortable doing business with the paranormal. That seems logical to me.

CH always has & always will have open doors for any site that wants to advertise or any seller who wants to advertise or sell in the MP... as long as they respect the members & the rules.
Last edited by Magnolia on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Ruby
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

:hug: :hug: :hug:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Lord_Grey
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 42
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Allucard
Zodiac:

Well said mag ::hail::

The dreamer has awoken

Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Raven
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

No matter how hard you try, you'll never be able to please everyone. Infact, I've come to the conclusion that I manage to tick-off and annoy some people by the fact that I'm alive and breathing. I'm not saying it doesn't get to me at times - it does (I'm human) - but I've learned to have myself a good upset/vent/cry, then shrug it off and get back to business. That's really all you can do. :hug:

SAPPHIRE CHIRETTA

ZOMBIES & SANDRA BULLOCK

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"Well, John wasn't exactly the boogeyman. He was the one you sent to kill the f****** boogeyman." - Viggo Tarasov, John Wick
AltarCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons/Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mermaid
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

:hug: Turn the other cheek Mag- you're better than they are. I don't get that gossipy mindset personally when it comes to working in a world with many other practicioners. There have been times where I haven't agreed with people regarding my services but to me there's no true honor in making your success off bringing someone else's down. And I've seen you and Ash operate with that same mindset as I have.

I guess some people see success in a 'short term' manner. Not years down the line with regards to what they will deep down inside see as their strength. YOU know your strengths. You know what has gotten you this far. And you know that others are probably finding their consciences being eaten up with the guilt of what has gotten them this far, too.

~*Dua Anpu*~
My Tarot/Conjure Reviews: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39614
Conjurer/Witch/Tarot Reader of: Treeleafe Tarot | AltarCat Emporium | The Crystal Moon
SpiritualHeart
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

:applause: Well said and well aimed!

Bryrose
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon & Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me!!
My magical/paranormal name...: Bryrose
Zodiac:

:hug:

It would be great if the world worked on the "agree to disagree" scenario unfortunately most don't see it that way!!

It's always good to vent and get it off your chest, for me, it's no longer mine after I say what I need to, it's theirs to deal with. Many kudos to you for speaking openly about it!!

Stop looking for a miracle. You are the miracle. Instead, look to be an angel. You could be someone's saving grace. Someone needs you today.
CitrineStars
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 10
Zodiac:

I sincerely and desperately hope that none of what you're currently facing is coming from anything I'm affiliated with... If it is then it's going unnoticed by me and I'd really truly ask to be told so I can put a stop to it.

♔ ♕✪ ★ ☆ ✮ ★ ☆ ✮ ★ ☆ ✮ ★ ☆ ✮ ★ ☆ ✮ ★ ✪♕ ♔
Bella
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels

:candle: :heart: :hug:

Brightest Blessings!
Wishing you \/ , <3 , & :) always!
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Yeah I never really understood why some sellers have to resort to dirty foul play like that. If anything just remember, there witty remarks towards others is a bash on THERE OWN Credibility rather to you. It's we as the customers that matter most above all useless drama, and I tend to stay away from the one's with the big mouths.

Like really...Who cares. Just mind your own business and make your own path in the metaphysical. Your work & great efforts will reap it's words.

They just jelly. Image

Return to “Magnolia”