Ruby
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

NoctemAeternus wrote:The immortals I work with I know quite a lot about, as I thoroughly research as well as interact with them to give an overall impression of what they are capable of..and who they are.
Of course, the learning continues as they are very complex.. and being immortal, you know they have seen and experienced so much that contributes to their being. I like to think they are ever-evolving on some level or all levels, just like we are - through lifetime after lifetime.
Do you have a particular pantheon that you are partial to?

This just gave me a question.. it seems like much of the myths revolving around gods of different pantheon goes back to the idea that they are created waaaaay back when, but does it exclude the possibility that we might have some modern day gods in our midst? Perhaps a descendant of Zeus or Ra or whatnot. Just a thought.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Ruby wrote: Do you have a particular pantheon that you are partial to?

This just gave me a question.. it seems like much of the myths revolving around gods of different pantheon goes back to the idea that they are created waaaaay back when, but does it exclude the possibility that we might have some modern day gods in our midst? Perhaps a descendant of Zeus or Ra or whatnot. Just a thought.
I do believe divinity is still achieved today, from the most fitting to more obscure of places. Born of immortals - i'm sure it still happens, ascension of this sort through activation of powerful ties OR other means - absolutely (whether recognized in the physical realm or not), and then there are "modern" forces that hold an inherent divinity - or are actually an extension of an ancient or primordial divinity.

As for pantheons, I am closest to the roman/greek.. but work with immortals of a great variety.

brontegrey
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 17
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal, Greek
If I could be anything, I would be...: probably a pegasus
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: n/a

Ruby wrote:For instance, I know Morpheus as the god of sleep (as well as Hypnos) but did you guys know that he went to the underworld after his wife's death to play such a tragic song for Hades that Hades decided to give him a chance to bring his wife out of the underworld?
Actually, that was Orpheus, not Morpheus, but they definitely sound alike. :-)
Well, I'm rambling. Long story short is, those of you who work with immortals - do you look up the myths and ask them about it? If not, perhaps it is a good bonding exercise in a way to learn more out them outside of what they are particularly skilled with. I'm telling you, some of these myths and stories are incredibly fascinating no only in their content but what you can learn about the ancient Greeks at the time and how they perceived these immortals. In any case, if you did look up the myths and asked your immortals about it, what do they think of it?
I bought spirit stones for a lot of Greek gods because I was already working with them. I fell in love with Greek mythology a long time ago and already knew the myths before I bought the stones. The first god I worked with on a regular basis was Athena, but then Poseidon started showing up in my meditations, angry with me for "neglecting" my connection to water, so I started working with him as well, and Apollo. Then about six months later Zeus showed up. I was VERY resistant to him due to all of the rape myths (Poseidon too, for that matter, though Zeus gets much worse press). I turned away from him for a couple of months until he finally persuaded me that the myths were written by jealous mortals who were irritated that their women found him irresistible. Since in the end I couldn't argue with the irresistible part, I decided it was more comfortable to believe him (and Poseidon, although I now don't remember exactly what he told me - for a long time we just avoided the topic).

Apollo did tell me that he keeps a statue of him chasing Daphne as a reminder to "not be a butt" - he said that, had he "not been a butt" to Eros, Eros would not have shot him with the lead arrow and Daphne with the gold arrow, and the whole thing could have been avoided.

Bronte

Blessed to be sharing my life with: 3 angels, 1 Pegasus, 1 chupacabra, 1 encantado, 1 cambion, and quite a few Immortals.
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I just love reading these posts on how others connect and experince with the immortals that they have in their keep!!!!!! :D

I had a good one last night!!!!!! Circe, Hera, Aphrodite, Achelos, Hestia, and they were saying, that I need to stop pushing myself so hard at work, because it causes me to have migrianes!!!!!!

I know this and it is true!!!!! That is why I am at home today!!!!

However it was the most wonderful feeling of having all these beauitful and wise women surrounding me with the calm, love, and wise words, and later Bast joined in as well!!!!! Also most of my cats decided it was time to sleep on top of me, when that happened!!!! :lol:

I am bookmarking this topic as well so I can keep track on how others are connecting with their immortals!!!!!! :thumbup:

It is so wonderful to read these posts :D :thumbup:

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Na'rayah Earth wrote:Oh my gosh, Star! Funny you should mention Bast!!!

I recently saw a listing in the CH store for her, and instantly thought "oh yessss, I would definitely love her!"

The first immortal I've gotten VERY excited over!

I'm not going to get her now though, when I feel ready, but gosh she sounds like she would fit well in my home :D
Well don't be suprize if she isn't there already!!!! ;)

She was with me since we moved here back in 2005, and only recently did I get a binding of her and her hubby Horus!!!!!!! I just love both of them, Horus, always makes me smile, just like Thor does, and Bast, well what can I say, she is my kinda of woman, exciting, full of fire, a great love of cats, and can kick booty if she feels the need too!!!! :lol: ;)

She also knows exactly what to say and when to show up when you have a need for her, or show up when you are having a wonderful time!!!!!

She was the one to get my pawni from CH, and so I did!!!! It helped in connecting with her and Horus, and Isis, and Amon, Osiris, and here lately Anubis, who for me has such a calm, quiet energy, very soothing!!!!!

So when you did get her bound to you, you will not regret it in the least, in fact you will have a blast with Bast!!!!! Get ready to dance!!!!! :lol: ::bop:: :dancing:

Ruby
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

brontegrey wrote:
Ruby wrote:For instance, I know Morpheus as the god of sleep (as well as Hypnos) but did you guys know that he went to the underworld after his wife's death to play such a tragic song for Hades that Hades decided to give him a chance to bring his wife out of the underworld?
Well, I'm rambling. Long story short is, those of you who work with immortals - do you look up the myths and ask them about it? If not, perhaps it is a good bonding exercise in a way to learn more out them outside of what they are particularly skilled with. I'm telling you, some of these myths and stories are incredibly fascinating no only in their content but what you can learn about the ancient Greeks at the time and how they perceived these immortals. In any case, if you did look up the myths and asked your immortals about it, what do they think of it?
I bought spirit stones for a lot of Greek gods because I was already working with them. I fell in love with Greek mythology a long time ago and already knew the myths before I bought the stones. The first god I worked with on a regular basis was Athena, but then Poseidon started showing up in my meditations, angry with me for "neglecting" my connection to water, so I started working with him as well, and Apollo. Then about six months later Zeus showed up. I was VERY resistant to him due to all of the rape myths (Poseidon too, for that matter, though Zeus gets much worse press). I turned away from him for a couple of months until he finally persuaded me that the myths were written by jealous mortals who were irritated that their women found him irresistible. Since in the end I couldn't argue with the irresistible part, I decided it was more comfortable to believe him (and Poseidon, although I now don't remember exactly what he told me - for a long time we just avoided the topic).

Apollo did tell me that he keeps a statue of him chasing Daphne as a reminder to "not be a butt" - he said that, had he "not been a butt" to Eros, Eros would not have shot him with the lead arrow and Daphne with the gold arrow, and the whole thing could have been avoided.

Bronte
Thank you for sharing. XD And you are right about the Orpheus thing. Darn these Greeks for removing one letter!

This is what I find interesting about your account. Please don't think I'm invalidating it or anything, because my mind works in one of those, "If it's consistent here, it should be consistent there," especially with immortals whose attention are shared among many people. I have always wondered how people have come to know different sides of Zeus or different versions or other gods. It varies by individuals, so I have always wondered if immortals would have multiple consciousness when it comes to working with different keepers because I always hear varying details about these gods. I mean, our source of knowledge regarding these different gods come from literature, or myths, if you will, and even then, it varies from person to person talking about the myths.

I think you bring up an interesting point because at some point, I'd have to wonder which myth is more like a fanfiction about that god. Once again, I'm not trying to invalidate your experience or anything. Hearing about experiences with different immortals are really interesting because it makes me scratch my head. xD

Anyway, to keep the topic rolling, I also want to ask about Roman counterparts. Or counterparts in general, if it exists with other pantheons. Or maybe it's what we believe to be counterparts. Does anyone here have a binding of Kronos (sp) or Saturn? Perhaps someone has a binding of Jupiter? Or perhaps Venus? Aphrodites? Do they have any comments about their counterparts?

ImageImageImageImageImage
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Ruby wrote:
brontegrey wrote:

Bronte
Thank you for sharing. XD And you are right about the Orpheus thing. Darn these Greeks for removing one letter!

This is what I find interesting about your account. Please don't think I'm invalidating it or anything, because my mind works in one of those, "If it's consistent here, it should be consistent there," especially with immortals whose attention are shared among many people. I have always wondered how people have come to know different sides of Zeus or different versions or other gods. It varies by individuals, so I have always wondered if immortals would have multiple consciousness when it comes to working with different keepers because I always hear varying details about these gods. I mean, our source of knowledge regarding these different gods come from literature, or myths, if you will, and even then, it varies from person to person talking about the myths.

I think you bring up an interesting point because at some point, I'd have to wonder which myth is more like a fanfiction about that god. Once again, I'm not trying to invalidate your experience or anything. Hearing about experiences with different immortals are really interesting because it makes me scratch my head. xD

Anyway, to keep the topic rolling, I also want to ask about Roman counterparts. Or counterparts in general, if it exists with other pantheons. Or maybe it's what we believe to be counterparts. Does anyone here have a binding of Kronos (sp) or Saturn? Perhaps someone has a binding of Jupiter? Or perhaps Venus? Aphrodites? Do they have any comments about their counterparts?
I feel my connection very strongly to the Greek gods and never really felt any to their counter parts as of yet!!!! I think the reason why I feel this way is first it was all i could do to read up on the greek gods, when I was a kid, and felt very strongly towards them, even to this day!!!

Oh, I am sure that there is some fan fair in there, but there are just so many stories about them, and what they did and their inter-actions with humans!!!!!

It was a deep, and I mean a very deep conection I felt with them, something I could not in anyway, shape, or form deny!!!!

So when I had the immortal reading done about having immortal in your blood, I found out why!!!! My connection was through Pan, whom I also really like as well!!! So things just clicked into place for me concerning the greek immortals!!!!

Then I found myself connecting with Bast, Horus, Isis, Orisis, and all of the Norse gods as well!!!!

It is like once you make a connection with them, you find yourself going and reading and mediation with them and seeing them in your dreams, seeing what they say comes into play with, in your own life, and quite frankly, at least for me, it is something that just cannot be denied, no matter how hard you may think that it is just not real!!!!!!! Just my thoughts!!!!

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I decided to give this a bump, for the new ones and old ones as well, since some have gotten binding of immortals and the immortals orb!!!!

It would be interesting to hear how everyone is doing with their immortals :thumbup: ;)

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Sequinox
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Sequinox
Zodiac:

In reading through some of the older posts in this thread I thought about the book "American Gods" which was written by Neil gaiman (my favorite author.) In it he talks about old gods being brought to America and forgotten. It really gave me a soft spot for them, lol. Also, he talks about the introduction of new gods that are based on the modern things we pay attention to, like credit, tv and computers. It's an interesting read.
I most certainly plan to learn as much as I can about each immortal I feel called toward. I think it's not just good for bonding, but good for understanding our own nature.

It's so strange. If you would have asked me 5 years ago if I could choose any diety to have a speaking relationship with I would have said Bast in a heartbeat. I just don't feel called to her. I think it must be the revenge aspect. I thought maybe it was embarrassment about not giving my kitties enough attention, but it seems like she would help me find the time and inspiration to do that. Idk!

Actually, as it turns out, it is easy being green.
Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

I just got a binding of the Furies after looking up various information on them and being drawn to them. I think the best thing is to read the old myths and legends about the Immortals. Of course, each Immortal may respond different to the individual keeper. Just keep working with them to get to know them better.

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe

Return to “Immortals”