Ruby
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

A little disclaimer.. I don't own a binding to any immortals, personally because I never felt any calling. Of course that doesn't say it would not change in the future, but pardon me if I come off a little weird. I am just curious about how people work with the immortals.

Recently I have been watching this History Channel series called the Clash of the Gods, which basically retells the stories of many Greek heroes and immortals - Hades, Zeus, Morpheus, Medusa, etc. - and based on the information I knew about those guys and what I learned from the series, their life story is a real revelation. For instance, I know Morpheus as the god of sleep (as well as Hypnos) but did you guys know that he went to the underworld after his wife's death to play such a tragic song for Hades that Hades decided to give him a chance to bring his wife out of the underworld? The challenge was that Morpheus had to keep walking and walking until he got out of the underworld and he can't look back. He has to believe and trust that his wife is walking behind him because if he looks back, she will be kept in the underworld forever.

Now, a lot of these myths are found from old tablets and written records found in the Greek ruins.. one of my favorites being the myth of the Minotaur. King Minos of Crete was mentioned in one of the stone slabs that was inscribed with some pieces of history - did we all think that it was actual history? I sure did for a while until I learned that King Minos was supposed to be part of some myth. Another one was the epic journey of Odysseus. His encounter with Circe - I didn't know that she was a sex goddess outside of being a goddess that was incredibly skilled with magick.

Well, I'm rambling. Long story short is, those of you who work with immortals - do you look up the myths and ask them about it? If not, perhaps it is a good bonding exercise in a way to learn more out them outside of what they are particularly skilled with. I'm telling you, some of these myths and stories are incredibly fascinating no only in their content but what you can learn about the ancient Greeks at the time and how they perceived these immortals. In any case, if you did look up the myths and asked your immortals about it, what do they think of it?

ImageImageImageImageImage
souloffire
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 8
If I could be anything, I would be...: demi-god
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Sio
Zodiac:

Well i think i am going to start reading up on Rah.Id always thought the Egyptian pantheon was fascinating but until i stumbled on that auction and felt strongly i never thought i'd actually add one to my spirit family.My question is are they around without you calling them or do you have to call them?When i first received his vessel I think he enabled me to see some things and i had severe fatigue and some vivid dreams.I dont wear his vessel as much because sadly i am trying to bond with some others and also sadly his vessel is not exactly my style.However I think of him often & i try to light incense.I am thinking of getting something in his color and also something with eqyptian print or pictures.Well i am rambling.I also have a binding of Santa Muerte & the BAron Samedi & i wear their binding more often.I have a bit of trepidation with Santa Muerte as Ive heard she doesnt work with just anyone & can be a bit temperamental.Maybe someone else has experience they can share?I dont have an altar area for her as i am short on funds.However i do have it in mind and have been looking at things to place near the heart shaped container holding her an others vessels.

Ruby
venerated member
venerated member

souloffire wrote:.My question is are they around without you calling them or do you have to call them?
This is a good question. o.o I feel like the straight answer would be yes, though in consideration with them working with multiple people, does that mean they have multiple consciousness that allows them to reach out and connect with others? In addition to that, it has been brought to my attention from hearing people with immortals talk about them.. For instance, one person with Zeus would perceive him to have a certain personality whereas someone else would perceive him to be an entirely different person. Why has no female keeper come forth and say that Zeus is a womanizing perv? I say that in the nicest way of course, but there's no denying that, according to many myths, he has fathered many gods and demi-gods because of his.. well, promiscuous ways.

On the other hand,
souloffire wrote:Well i think i am going to start reading up on Rah.Id always thought the Egyptian pantheon was fascinating but until i stumbled on that auction and felt strongly i never thought i'd actually add one to my spirit family.
Keep us updated! The Egyptian pantheon seems to have some interesting gods as well.. I have always been a fan of Isis. :)

Tinkerbell
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 38
Spelled Number: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: A mermaid
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Tinkerbell!
Zodiac:

Can I simply say "not very well!"?

Aeryn K Angel
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

I've read a lot of literature concerning "mythology" over the years... but, I would honestly have to say that I'm rather certain the Immortals know a LOT more about me than I know about them.

I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

First of all I will say, yes I know the show you are talking about, it comes on the history channel here, and yes I have watched it as well, and yes I will tell you out right that Zeus got around with the ladies, and Hera, who is his wife and sister, was never to happy about his messing around!!!!

Of course I say that with the most respect, and Zeus knows what I say about that, because I have told him, but in a most respectful way!!!! He smiles that big beautiful smile!!!!!

When i was a kid, I always read about the greeks, and norse gods and goddess, and I loved the tales about them. For me it is a look at how they were and actted in regards with humans!!!! Also not everything was peachy keen!!!! They had their disgreements, with each others, and humans!!! The old stories are full of them!!!! For me it gives us a picture of them, one that I think they wanted us to know, in order to learn about them!!!! Of course humans wrote the stories so may have gave them more human like emotions, as for me the gods and goddess, do know more about us then we really do about them!!!

The things I have felt from my immortals have been amazing!!!! As I am sure others who have them can also say that as well!!! They have evolved as well so as to better work with us in this day and age!!!

Although I will say this, when hubby and I went out to eat tonite, I had gotten the very distint picture from Thor about slamming my glass down and yelling out more!!!! :lol: When i said no, then he said, I supose flipping the table would be out of the question too, and I said yep, wouldn't go over too good!!!! :lol:

You see for me, they all have a passion for living, and they showed it!!!! It is something that we can learn from them too, to have a passion for life and living it to the fullest!!!!! Of course, we don't have to slam, flip or throw anything!!!! :lol: ;)

There is a lot that we can learn from them!!!!!!

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

starfire wrote:You see for me, they all have a passion for living, and they showed it!!!! It is something that we can learn from them too, to have a passion for life and living it to the fullest!!!!! Of course, we don't have to slam, flip or throw anything!!!! :lol: ;)
here here!

i have two immortal bindings and have only just begun to work with them a little bit. i do not know them well at all, but i do feel a connection to Bast (one of them) and feel that she has protected the animals and children here. i did not jump right in with a bunch of immortal bindings or anything bc of not being sure how to approach the situation..and just as with our spirits, i wanted them to be assured of my respect and honor for them, but didn't quit know how to go about that.

Cheerz,
:star:

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
Ruby
venerated member
venerated member

starfire wrote:First of all I will say, yes I know the show you are talking about, it comes on the history channel here, and yes I have watched it as well, and yes I will tell you out right that Zeus got around with the ladies, and Hera, who is his wife and sister, was never to happy about his messing around!!!!

Of course I say that with the most respect, and Zeus knows what I say about that, because I have told him, but in a most respectful way!!!! He smiles that big beautiful smile!!!!!

When i was a kid, I always read about the greeks, and norse gods and goddess, and I loved the tales about them. For me it is a look at how they were and actted in regards with humans!!!! Also not everything was peachy keen!!!! They had their disgreements, with each others, and humans!!! The old stories are full of them!!!! For me it gives us a picture of them, one that I think they wanted us to know, in order to learn about them!!!! Of course humans wrote the stories so may have gave them more human like emotions, as for me the gods and goddess, do know more about us then we really do about them!!!

The things I have felt from my immortals have been amazing!!!! As I am sure others who have them can also say that as well!!! They have evolved as well so as to better work with us in this day and age!!!

Although I will say this, when hubby and I went out to eat tonite, I had gotten the very distint picture from Thor about slamming my glass down and yelling out more!!!! :lol: When i said no, then he said, I supose flipping the table would be out of the question too, and I said yep, wouldn't go over too good!!!! :lol:

You see for me, they all have a passion for living, and they showed it!!!! It is something that we can learn from them too, to have a passion for life and living it to the fullest!!!!! Of course, we don't have to slam, flip or throw anything!!!! :lol: ;)

Hah! That sounds hilarious. The show also has an episode for Thor, have you seen that one? I hope to catch it soon. xD

Do you find his personality consistent with the personality that is depicted in the myths? What I find interesting about Greek Gods in particular, though I don't know if it applies to other pantheons or not (if you know, please share), is what you mentioned about it not being all love and light. In addition to that one story about the immortal Nakini, I often wonder if any of them ever feel desolate about living for such a long time.

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Ruby wrote:
starfire wrote:First of all I will say, yes I know the show you are talking about, it comes on the history channel here, and yes I have watched it as well, and yes I will tell you out right that Zeus got around with the ladies, and Hera, who is his wife and sister, was never to happy about his messing around!!!!

Hah! That sounds hilarious. The show also has an episode for Thor, have you seen that one? I hope to catch it soon. xD

Do you find his personality consistent with the personality that is depicted in the myths? What I find interesting about Greek Gods in particular, though I don't know if it applies to other pantheons or not (if you know, please share), is what you mentioned about it not being all love and light. In addition to that one story about the immortal Nakini, I often wonder if any of them ever feel desolate about living for such a long time.

Some I don't really feel that from them about living for such a longtime. I do feel that they find us all very interesting or they wouldn't take an interest in us in the first place!!!! ;)

As for Thor and Horus, those two always made me smile, they seemed to be so kind and protective!!!! Isis is like the mother I never had, because mine had died when I was young, and Osiris is like my father, whom gave me comfort duing some very hard times, as my real father was not so nice!!!!! Bast is one I do have a connection with, she loves cats and she has a firey passion, my kind of woman!!!! ;)

I haven't caught the show about Thor as of yet, but I will look for it when I see that it is on!!!!!

I have read many books and done reading on line about all of them as well!!!!

Pan was another one I liked as well, and I found out through the reading of immortal in your blood that he is in my bloodlines!!! I liked that he had a love for muisc!!!!! Since I have that love as well!!!! He also loves nature and the earth, and that is a part of my nature as well!!!!

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

The immortals I work with I know quite a lot about, as I thoroughly research as well as interact with them to give an overall impression of what they are capable of..and who they are.
Of course, the learning continues as they are very complex.. and being immortal, you know they have seen and experienced so much that contributes to their being. I like to think they are ever-evolving on some level or all levels, just like we are - through lifetime after lifetime.

Return to “Immortals”