Aromatherapy or alternative healing section?

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: demons
Zodiac:

I realize this is a paranormal forum, but I think a section like this would be nice. We all send healing energy to each other, offer up advice for minor ailments sometimes (Tinkerbell has a very useful psoriasis thread with some great advice), and I think alternative healing section would keep these types of threads from getting lost and would be good for quick reference in the future.
It would also make it possible for those like myself, who aren't masters or practitioners, to offer something back to the forum. I feel like I'm always asking someone for this or that here and rarely have anything of value to put back into the pot, so to speak. I've been doing aromatherapy and herbalism for around ten years now, by no means an expert, but I do make a lot of my own teas, ointments, medicines etc as I know many of you do as well. I'd like to see a section sort of like this:

Alternative Healing:

-light a virtual candle-place to send and request healing energies
-reiki tips/discussion
-herbs (I knew we have a section on herbs already)
-essential oils
-healing foods
-homeopathy
-crystal healing (I've been studying this only three years and would looooove to get advice from others more advanced)
-other remedies

Just a thought :) (oooh unless this is one of those hidden threads you don't get to see for a while, in which case.....nevermind lol!)

Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.- George Carlin
In heaven all the interesting people are missing - Friederich Nietzche
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.- Albert Einstein
Share small joys. Even if you cannot live like a wild animal, give up your fear of being happy- 3 of Chalices Ludy Lescot Tarot
"Cheese- milk's leap to immortality"-Clifton Fadiman
Dark Mother Earth
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 58
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

:thumbup: yes this is an awesome idea , lots of natural therapy ideas . I think lots of us would enjoy this ...Great idea :dancing:

Madie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: MakFilia Lucis
Zodiac:

ABSOLUTELY! Great suggestion Cheese Sandwitch :thumbup: Hope Magnolia sees this.

Be the change you wish to see in the world

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in helping others

May all beings everywhere be happy and free, and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to the freedom for all.

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I'd love to see a section like this, especially now that I'm getting deeper into many alternative healing methods cause it would be great to have a place hear to discuss these things. It'd be a lot easier to find related topics since now you have to accidentally stumble upon them if you're trying to find out what has been posted on such matters.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Goldilocks
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any that isn't shy
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire

highly interested. great suggestion cheese sandwich ::bump::

Aurora Magick
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
Zodiac:

I'd love a section for herbal healing and reiki.
Crystals I work with usually in conjunction with other modalities but they're awesome to discuss too.

Tinkerbell
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 38
Spelled Number: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: A mermaid
My magical/paranormal name...: Tinkerbell!
Zodiac:

It is a lovely idea - not biased at all because you used me as an example - haha :D But hey, what a lovely and impeccable example eh!

I know we have a few areas that could possibly attend to what you have suggested - we have a 'crystals, rocks and stones' zone, a 'herbs and minerals' area, and a 'healing' section so this could be a bit tough to arrange seeing as it is mostly accommodated for already. But an alternative therapy/medicine island that covers a range of topics would make it very easy and uncomplicated knowing where to post a question/query.

:ot: But man everytime I spot you I crave, yes that's right, I crave a cheese sandwich. Shocking eh.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

I used to think that Aromatherapy was a load of cr@p and totally laughable.......

UNTIL....

A person very close to me for many years, SONYA Z. out of the blue one day, started talking to me about her experiments with it and just how Aromatherapy works....I was amazed & flabbergasted.....as of now I still don't consider myself expert, but I have been using it for the last 22 years, and it simply is remarkable...and I have no worries about it as I am not allergic to any unknown plants....

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

I love this idea, and I do feel it is something that all could benefit from!!!!
How to use oils, herbs, crystals, reiki, earth healing energies, dragon healing energies, just a lot of things that could be of use to everyone here!!!!!

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: demons
Zodiac:

Tinkerbell wrote:It is a lovely idea - not biased at all because you used me as an example - haha :D But hey, what a lovely and impeccable example eh!

I know we have a few areas that could possibly attend to what you have suggested - we have a 'crystals, rocks and stones' zone, a 'herbs and minerals' area, and a 'healing' section so this could be a bit tough to arrange seeing as it is mostly accommodated for already. But an alternative therapy/medicine island that covers a range of topics would make it very easy and uncomplicated knowing where to post a question/query.

:ot: But man everytime I spot you I crave, yes that's right, I crave a cheese sandwich. Shocking eh.
I looked through those sections before I posted my suggestion. While there were a couple threads on healing in both, it's not a constant. I didn't realize there was a "healing section" as I have looked for one. I assumed because the recent threads (Huffette has two in general, someone asked a question for reiki masters in paranormal energy, and your psoriasis thread in off topic randomness) were not in a healing section, it was nonexistent . I think all of these threads have sound solid advice and it's a shame that soon they will be lost in a sea of other posts. A lot of us practice healing Arts and it would be nice to have it all in one area, like Arianna mentioned! :) this way we can all learn from each other. Those of us not gifted in the paranormal and metaphysical might perhaps have a chance to contribute something back:D

Caiyros, I have learned so much from you. If we ever get a section like this and aromatherapy isn't too remedial for you, I'd love to read what you have to say on that subject. I imagine, like everything else you write, I'll be there with my pen in hand lol

Arianna, I have tons of recipes for teas, tinctures, ointments, from simple lipbalm to a dream/astral tea, massage oils, etc. Not sure what healing therapies you are studying but I'm willing to share any I've got.

Starfire, I'd be very interested in the subjects you mentioned, especially reiki and dragon healing. I've seen you talk about them before and I know you know your stuff!

And thank you, narayah, dark mother, lily, goldilocks, astral for agreeing and NOT laughing at me lol

*leaves tray of cheese sandwiches for Tinkerbells midnight munchies* :lol:

Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.- George Carlin
In heaven all the interesting people are missing - Friederich Nietzche
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.- Albert Einstein
Share small joys. Even if you cannot live like a wild animal, give up your fear of being happy- 3 of Chalices Ludy Lescot Tarot
"Cheese- milk's leap to immortality"-Clifton Fadiman

Return to “Forum Suggestions”