Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Varies often
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Selyne
Zodiac:

I wasn't sure where to post this, but does anyone currently have a Nephilim?
I mean, mine just arrived today, and I've felt nothing but calm and peaceful. (I've a mess since Thursday XD)
Any pointers on them?

You,darkness, that I come from
I love you more than all the fires that fence in the world, for the fire makes a circle of light for everyone and then no one outside learns of you. But the darkness pulls in everything-shapes and fires, animals and myself, how easily it gathers them!-powers and people- and it is possible a great presence is moving near me. I have faith in nights. You, darkness -Rainer Maria Rilke
Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Loki, Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

::bump::

I will tell you such foul truths and such beautiful lies, you will want to sew my lips shut.

Can a heart still break once it's stopped beating?
melinda1111
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Melinda
Zodiac:

I dont have one , but isn't a Nephilim an Hybrid angel ? As far as I know Nephilim are born from the union of an Angel with a Human ...
Please correct me here if I'm wrong..
Congrats on your new spirit ! :angel:

Euphotic
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 29
Your favorite spirit to work with: angel,dragon,khodam
If I could be anything, I would be...: angel

Congrats from me too! :) I don't have one either (sorry for a bit pointless comment), but it'd be really interesting to read what experiences people have had with them.
melinda1111 wrote:I dont have one , but isn't a Nephilim an Hybrid angel ? As far as I know Nephilim are born from the union of an Angel with a Human ...
Please correct me here if I'm wrong..
Congrats on your new spirit ! :angel:
Yes, Nephilim are hybrids from what I've read. I think they are offsprings of Gregori Watchers and human females, but I could be wrong.

Love leading the pilgrim
Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

I thought they were just fallen angels... as mentioned in the Bible.... the ones that took on human lovers... I recall reading a passage where the nephilim were mentioned. I have a fallen angel in my keep from Bun Bun.

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

I always thought they were the children of the fallen angels that took human lovers.

http://www.openbible.info/topics/nephilim

I'm not Christian or Jewish, but this is what I found from their OT texts. Since I don't know anything, I thought I'd look it up.

Bright blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

Yes, according to tradition, nephilim are the offspring of fallen angels and women, they were born as giants, they terrorized humans and were the reason for the flood. Once their physical bodies were destroyed they became evil spirits to torment humanity. So if this is the case, these are (at least one breed of) the BA demons.

Now if the seller mislabeled, hopefully what you have is a fallen angel like a Gregori or something along those lines.

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator
Euphotic
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 29
Your favorite spirit to work with: angel,dragon,khodam
If I could be anything, I would be...: angel

Adelphia wrote:Yes, according to tradition, nephilim are the offspring of fallen angels and women, they were born as giants, they terrorized humans and were the reason for the flood. Once their physical bodies were destroyed they became evil spirits to torment humanity. So if this is the case, these are (at least one breed of) the BA demons.

Now if the seller mislabeled, hopefully what you have is a fallen angel like a Gregori or something along those lines.
Are you sure they are pure BA though, as they have human blood in them? I'd have thought DA, likely the darker end of it. Again, I could be completely wrong as I don't any have experience with them. Maybe they inherited worst of both of their parents or something.

But yes, they are painted as "the bad guys" in the Bible. It'd be interesting to know how Nephilim spirits themselves view their history (their fathers taking human wives, the flood the resulted.) :think:

I think Goliath in the Bible was one of them or had them in his ancestry. Wikipedia is just Wikipedia, so use your own judgement, but is has a pretty long article about Nephilim: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephilim

Love leading the pilgrim
Amaya
new here
new here
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Varies often
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Selyne
Zodiac:

Adelphia wrote:Yes, according to tradition, nephilim are the offspring of fallen angels and women, they were born as giants, they terrorized humans and were the reason for the flood. Once their physical bodies were destroyed they became evil spirits to torment humanity. So if this is the case, these are (at least one breed of) the BA demons.

o3o well that sounds..a little intimidating,but I got him from c.h's so i know they wouldn't steer me wrong XD.
Here's a little what they said about him "ANCIENT, ELDER, DARK, INTENSE, VERY GREAT INTENSITY FOR ALL ACTIVITIES THAT INVOLVE MYSTICISM & MAGICK, "
Surely,I cant be the only one who has one :eh:

Anyways thank you to everyone else who has posted! I found the links very informative :3

You,darkness, that I come from
I love you more than all the fires that fence in the world, for the fire makes a circle of light for everyone and then no one outside learns of you. But the darkness pulls in everything-shapes and fires, animals and myself, how easily it gathers them!-powers and people- and it is possible a great presence is moving near me. I have faith in nights. You, darkness -Rainer Maria Rilke
Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

Riira wrote:

Are you sure they are pure BA though, as they have human blood in them? I'd have thought DA, likely the darker end of it. Again, I could be completely wrong as I don't any have experience with them. Maybe they inherited worst of both of their parents or something.

But yes, they are painted as "the bad guys" in the Bible. It'd be interesting to know how Nephilim spirits themselves view their history (their fathers taking human wives, the flood the resulted.) :think:

I think Goliath in the Bible was one of them or had them in his ancestry. Wikipedia is just Wikipedia, so use your own judgement, but is has a pretty long article about Nephilim: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephilim
Hi Riira,

Yes I am sure that is what is said in tradition... but in my post I also clearly said 'according to tradition' and 'if this is the case', because I am also not a religious believer of the tradition. So whether it is true, I am not sure, but I am sure this is where the word nephilim originates.

Book of Enoch:
But now the giants who are born from the [union of] the spirits and the flesh shall be called evil spirits upon the earth, because their dwelling shall be upon the earth and inside the earth. Evil spirits have come out of their bodies. Because from the day that they were created from the sons of God they became Watchers: their first origin is the spiritual foundation. They will become evil upon the earth and shall be called evil spirits. The dwelling of the spiritual beings of heaven is heaven; but the dwelling of the spirits of the earth, which are born upon the earth, is in the earth. (1 Enoch 15:8-10)

And in other places, these 'evil spirits' who are the spirits of the giants, are defined as demons which are different from fallen angels.

As to whether they are categorically BA demons or not, according to tradition, this is the case.

Were all the giants evil and were their spirits destined to become demons, or is this old Jewish and Christian belief another example of where religion is misled about spiritual things while at the same time being where the legend originates?

I don't know. I really cannot say. If you got it from CH I it is neither miscategorized and obviously not a BA demon so based on that, it would seem, not all spirits of the nephilim are the evil spirits they are claimed to be. And if this is so, I am really wondering, like I always am, where and what are BA demons... People are always having demon debates and strong words about demons, but I have never seen a definition as to where the BA demons come from and what they are. According to religious tradition which is the origination of these beliefs, the origin of BA demons is the nephilim. So if it's not that (and it's not fallen angels), then what is it?

But here are some cool nephilim photos anyways.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator

Return to “Angel Races”