Weird and Wonderful Home Remedies?

Share you information, tips, & tricks for working with alternate methods for health, cleansing, and balance.
Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

We use vinegar for everything. A splash in orange juice makes it hardly detectable.

I use it for reflux, cleaning, a cup in the laundry on the rinse cycle makes my clothes cleaner and softer. You can spray it to keep away ants, fleas, ticks, bed bugs.... basically anything.

I have heard it can remove moles - wanted to try that... here are some more things it can be used for and disregard the jellyfish one - it depends on the type and size of the jellyfish... meat tenderizer is best. http://skinnyms.com/50-uses-for-apple-cider-vinegar

Baking soda is another one of those cure-alls. Pack it on mixed with water to relieve a bee sting, or leave it on for a little bit and a splinter will pop right out. Also for reflux, cleaning, and the laundry.

Coconut oil too... helps with a large number of health conditions (too numerous to mention - internally and externally). I try to use it in anything i can, I rub it on my skin like a lotion when it gets too dry, also use it like neosporin. Here is an article about the 101 other things it can be used for. http://wellnessmama.com/5734/101-uses-for-coconut-oil/

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Yes~ coconut oil is a great alternative to chapsticks - the brand name chapstick at supermarkets is full of stuff that's actually working towards thinning and de-conditioning your lips, it's a temporary relief. All natural sources can be used for moisture while keeping your lips healthy.

Garvix
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Forest Cake
If I could be anything, I would be...: Eating Cake
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Go to Awake

I use karate for everything.... Slicing bread, changing the channel on the television, sunburn cream, re-animating the dead...

Just roundhouse kick your worries away...

Roadhouse...

The Universe is Hostile... So Impersonal... Devour to Survive.... So It Is, So It's always been....
Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:Yes~ coconut oil is a great alternative to chapsticks - the brand name chapstick at supermarkets is full of stuff that's actually working towards thinning and de-conditioning your lips, it's a temporary relief. All natural sources can be used for moisture while keeping your lips healthy.
Exactly! It also seals your lips and holds in heat, which then dries them out even more, creating more of a necessity for their product... because it works temporarily, but then makes you more dependent upon it in the long term... :?

Chapstick Amonymous anyone? Been there.... lol.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

I use a mentholated bees wax lip balm that is all natural

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Xeritch wrote:I use karate for everything.... Slicing bread, changing the channel on the television, sunburn cream, re-animating the dead...

Just roundhouse kick your worries away...

Roadhouse...
:mrgreen:

My baby knows how to cure things..

Syri
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Rich
My magical/paranormal name...: H
Zodiac:

Gryphonista wrote: Chapstick Anonymous anyone? Been there.... lol.
*raises hand*

Not anonymous,tho. :mrgreen: I have like ten sticks of the stuff in the drawer here,3 or 4 in my purse at all times and if I leave the house without my Chapstick,ecig,batteries and nicotine juice I have to turn around even if I'm 20 miles away.

Must....have....Chapstick.... :zombie:

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Weirdo Syri,aka "The Crazy Cat Lady" :mrgreen: Friend of all things dark

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

I'm also a fan of coconut oil, the uses for it are endless.

Unfortunately I have no home remedies to give but I have some weird and wonderful tips for some natural beauty products.

Honey is very useful thing to have around the house, I use honey to wash my face, as an exfoliator, I make hair masks using it and you can also use it to lighten your hair and it probably has about hundred other uses.

Aloe vera gel is also a very good moisturizer, you can use it as a light styling gel and I also use it in hair masks.

Castor oil is a very good growth serum for hair, eyelashes and eyebrows. It can also help prevent dark circles under eyes.

Voidwalker
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 336
Spelled Number: 720
Your favorite spirit to work with: Things that go bump

I love coconut oil as well!! It really does help in so many ways!
Now, this may sound a bit like I've lost it (which is beside the point :wild: ), but cayenne pepper sprinkled on cuts will not only stop the bleeding, but will actually help with the pain as well.

That is not dead which can eternal lie : And with strange aeons even death may die.

Then rose the seed of Chaos, and of Night,
To blot out order and extinguish light.

Yet from those flames
No light, but rather darkness visible.
Funkychicken
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Chicken
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Chicken
My magical/paranormal name...: Chicken Noodle Soup
Zodiac:

I love tea tree oil! It works wonders!!! Also, I like to rub Apple Cider Vinegar on my sore muscles. Just rub and go. Vodka helps with foot odor lol. Oh, one of my favorites is the pencil!! Use this for headaches, all you need to do is put the pencil between your teeth and don't bite. Listerine helps with blisters. I use olive oil when I get eczema. Another one is if you have achy feet, use a tennis ball to rub it out. If you swallow a teaspoon of sugar it will stop your hiccups. Peppermint and Cinnamon can lower frustration 25% (chew as gum or something). Duct tape helps with worts. Finally, one of my favorites is PAPAYA FOR SMOOTH SKIN. It contains papain, a protein-eating enzyme that dissolves the dead cells on your skin's surface that can make it look dull and rough and leave it prone to breakouts. When used twice a month, this peel leaves skin softer, smoother, and more radiant: Grind 2 tablespoons of washed and peeled papaya in a food processor and add 1 tablespoon of dry oatmeal. Pat this mixture onto clean skin and let it set for 10 minutes before wiping off with a wet washcloth. The enzymes in papaya are gentle, which is why this is an ideal treatment for those with sensitive skin.

Chicken Noodle Soup with a soda on the side

Return to “Alternate Healing/Aromatherapy”