Demon Keeping Experiences

Your Opinion on Demon Keeping

Never!
18%
Maybe.
11%
Only under certain conditions.
10%
I've thought about it, but haven't done it.
13%
I have/had a demon, and I had a bad experience.
2%
I have/had a demon, and I had a good experience.
33%
I want to get a demon someday.
14%

Total votes: 292
Aurora Magick
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I would like this to not turn into the usual stuff that happens when people discuss demons or black arts, please.

There are numerous demon keepers on the board and former demon keepers and I'd love to hear some experiences. Good and bad are both fine but I'd like it if the experiences were told first hand rather than stuff that's happened in the past on the board, cause I've heard those ones before and read many of the threads for myself. And, keeping experiences only as in.. buying a demon from a conjurer. Or heck, even calling one yourself?

Things like temperament, what kind of tasks the demon will do or help you accomplish, communication, etc...
Time you've kept them would also be interesting. If you've noticed any changes in yourself since keeping them...
Like a change in demeanor, or thoughts that aren't your own, in a positive or negative way.

I feel like it'd be good to get such info consolidated into one place where people can go, rather than having it dispersed over large threads buried in the forums. Plus I wanna sate my own curiosity.

Bellatrix Lestrange
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shinigami
Zodiac:

Thank you for posting this...I say never...not because of things people say..
I go by whats good for me,i think and ask myself questions..would i be able to handle darker energy? Possibly,i can handle darker DA's quite well...But would a BA spirit or demon be a big step responsibility wise..Of course...Am i willing to take that responsibility? Not really in all honesty...Some demons require strict specifications and i don't feel like going on and on on those specifications...And i don't think someone as meek and tiny as me should try and handle a demon...It'd be like a small animal challenging a stronger and larger one..end result..not so good Image :silly:

ImageImage
ღƸ̴Ӂ̴ƷღIღloveღyouღGrellღSutcliffღƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒღ Image
Aurora Magick
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Bellatrix Lestrange wrote:Thank you for posting this...I say never...not because of things people say..
I go by whats good for me,i think and ask myself questions..would i be able to handle darker energy? Possibly,i can handle darker DA's quite well...But would a BA spirit or demon be a big step responsibility wise..Of course...Am i willing to take that responsibility? Not really in all honesty...Some demons require strict specifications and i don't feel like going on and on on those specifications...And i don't think someone as meek and tiny as me should try and handle a demon...It'd be like a small animal challenging a stronger and larger one..end result..not so good Image :silly:
:) I can understand that. It's always good to stay within one's boundaries, and not everyone is suited for every type of spirit.

Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I had being thinking in making a post of my demon from some time now, but I had thought doing this on my blog.

Starting from start. I didn't bought my Demon, I was asked if I was interested in one by another person. His conjurer was trying to find a good home for him and this person thought of me, since knew I like DA. We talked a lot and later I talked with the conjurer and accept to bring him home. I also talked with my spirit family and they agree to it. After his vessel being send I start to feel his energy, sleep a lot,etc.

I don't really remember the time now but the first time he manifest was a dream, I can't say it was a weird dreams because I'm the queen of them. But if was full of intense feelings. This dream showed me how I would be on my most extreme in a bad way, in the end of the dream I become lucid and said I would never do that and wake up. After waking and taking time to think about it I can see it was a test but also a warning. He decided to show me my flaws in my most extreme and since I wouldn't do that, he see no reason for me to do it on a small level either. After that he took his time to show me all he thought I need work on and got nicknamed Psychologist Demon.

About changes I haven't got more dark than before or anything like this but I feel more bold, obviously I can choose to act on it or not. No creepy thoughts, like the time with the kid flesh eating vampire. But he keep in check anything he think can be bad for me, he's a protective kind. Like when I do my bored round on ebay to see what is up and found a demon listing, he let me now this listing was problem all around. He's also a hybrid and I don't find him as dark as another entity I have here, would say he's a DA on my classification. However, he's no fluff bunny and he's no-nonsense kind. I guess most people would say he's no pretty either but I like it. He have being around for 2 months now.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

This is an interesting take from a well-trained practitioner on BA... Zarathustra doesn't really post much anymore, but he has a lot of great information on the merits of keeping demons and he's very experienced. He used to take people's unwanted demons off their hands... a demon rehoming adoption program, if you will :)
Zarathustra wrote:Wow. Reading this thread brings back memories a discussions I've had with people both on and off the forum on the subject. At least people seem to heed Ash's advice when he urges extreme caution; most people seem to disregard similar warnings I try to offer just because I swing that way.

First of all, among experienced spirit keepers the number of people who should never, under any circumstances, consider keeping or temporarily working with a BA entity greatly exceeds 99%. That should not be taken as a challenge to prove that you are among a certain “elite” that can handle such things. It is meant to show, realistically, how small the minority that can and SHOULD handle this truly is. If you came close to learning anything in this thread or anything currently discussed in the BA forums, not only is working with the Black Arts a bad idea, but likely dangerous to you.

Something that has not been mentioned yet is a general tendency to equate things infernal in nature to BA. While there are some aspects of BA to be found in working with some infernals, and some are even BA themselves, a line cannot be drawn to generally connect the two terms. In that case, I would say the number of people who should never work with infernals is around 99%, as it requires great responsibility. Which means there are a greater number of people who can safely and openly work with the forces of Hell than with Black Arts. Really consider that statement before continuing. Working with Goetic demons is not BA in the sense being discussed here, however if that is something you can't handle or have trepidation with (and I mean in dealing with them directly, not using some wussy circle of protection or dealing with a very restrictive binding) - than BA is such a bad idea for you that I do not believe it can be explained in terms you will understand.

In most cases you SHOULD be afraid when dealing with the Black Arts. A healthy fear of things that can hurt you prevents you from making stupid mistakes. You don't pet lions at the zoo because you are rightly afraid that they will eat you. That fear keeps you at a distance where you can safely make faces at the lions without becoming lunch.

There may not even be an appropriate transition for people that safely use very dark DA. Awhile ago Dee Dee had a binding of Lucifer was that was nothing but the light side of him, and did something with the dark side to turn it light for the binding. I'm sure it's still on the website somewhere. While it isn't what you would get if you went face to face with Lucifer, it is still an accurate, if limited and partially distorted, depiction of him. Because that is accurate, you can't even say that working with Lucifer, or Satan, or most other well-known infernals, makes for a natural transition to dealing with the Black Arts.

In many ways I find BA refreshing because it establishes a quid pro quo relationship where both sides want something, a price is agreed upon and both sides can part ways once the exchange is over. Unless you are an idiot who tries this despite it not being for you and not heeding warnings gives, this is what you get and generally speaking the best case scenario. If you take the road more commonly traveled by you send Ash a HD ticket begging for help, possibly even to save your life. I am not exaggerating.

Depending upon how you look at it, if you think this is bad than the really really dark DA might actually prove to be an even GREATER danger. All of the above will apply to those on the greater side of DA, with one additional caveat. They have free will and the ability to judge you, both on individual merits and your fitness to be their keeper. Being found wanting in either (and likely both) categories gives you another huge problem. Not only do you have an incredibly dark and powerful spirit that does not like you, but because you have proven yourself to be so unworthy the spirit is actively causing you ruin. If you're lucky the spirit will accept being sent to a worthy keeper as a sufficient reason to leave you alone, if not it could become personal and extreme measures will need to be taken to protect you from your own stupidity. In either case this results in another one of those HD tickets Ash alluded to requiring much of his time to clean up. Although it was not explicitly stated, I'd also take a guess and say that such personal attention on such a sticky problem is likely to be quite expensive. So do yourself a favor and don't get yourself in that mess in the first place just so you can convince yourself you're one of the cool kids for a few weeks.

If anything said here is surprising, worrisome, bothersome, a dose of cold water or anything even remotely similar to that...I can say beyond any shadow of a doubt THIS IS NOT FOR YOU! PERIOD.

Even if the above statement does not apply to you, that still does not mean it's a good idea, only that it's not as insanely obviously a bad idea. When I explain things to people it seems to fire them up to go this way so I will stress again that these warnings are serious and not meant to be taken as a challenge so you can say you did it. Keeping a skunk as a pet is generally a bad idea too, and you don't see people lining up just to prove they can do it. Same principle, only when things go wrong a milk bath will be the least of your worries.

Aurora Magick
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I tried to look for Zarathustras posts but there are so many...
Are there any where the merits and downsides are specifically discussed? The posted one seems a bit more like a warning to me?

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

^ Because in a sense, it is XD

Because even those who are experienced with BA and demons, know that for the most part you should absolutely not be working with them. 99%+ of the time it's not a good idea, if we're talking the real deal.

Though I can't even go on because.. there is an issue in that, people have different understandings of what makes a demon. Some believe "true" demons are BA, whereas many who have experience with demons are dealing with entities who behave DA. And then comes one's personal definition of what makes DA or BA... oh it's dizzying.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

AstralD wrote:I tried to look for Zarathustras posts but there are so many...
Are there any where the merits and downsides are specifically discussed? The posted one seems a bit more like a warning to me?
Quantum is another person who gives me the creeps, frankly (LOL) but I respect his knowledge on BA because he's a real practitioner and doesn't get annoyed by peoples' negative reaction to BA... I suspect because he accepts BA and demons for their true nature. Let me see if I can dig up some good quotes on the pros of working with demons. He works a lot with goetia. He doesn't always log on here but I'm sure you've seen his more recent posts.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

The sad part is the ones who had bad experiences are long gone. How do they vote? LOL.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Zarathustra wrote:Just in case the above isn't a typo, daemons and demons are both quite different, and the terms cannot be used interchangeably.

When it comes to mixing and matching spirit types in a charging box, the first place to start is by asking the spirit you think might have a problem with being in the same charging box as others. Ask the demon if he has a problem being in a charging box with a bunch of angels of WA fae. In cases like that it probably won't be the demon that has a problem with it. Generally charging box sharing works better with spirits of a similar disposition, like sharing with very dark vampires or djinn who chose the Left Hand Path of their own free will. Birds of a feather and all that.

To generalize, I would say it's usually not a good idea to keep most types of demons people might have with other spirits, but it certainly depends on your situation. There are way too many ifs there to say it definitively one way or the other.

In my book containment boxes are garbage and should not be used. If you need something to keep the demon in check when you aren't watching his every move, that means you aren't ready to handle a demon. It's no different from a child that disobeys the second mommy leaves the room. Putting the kid in a cage will temporary solve the inconveniences of the disobedience but not solve the underlying problem. Relying on a containment box or similar device will also lead to false confidence in your abilities which opens you up to all other kinds of problems.

As far as a place to get a charging box for demons, any seller of demons that has charging boxes for that purpose should be able to come up with something that will suit your needs. Off the top of my head dyeuslucifer on eBay usually has some listed or can list it for you if it's not up, but I know many others do as well. A regular charging box you dedicate to them should also work. When in doubt, ask them.
AND
Zarathustra wrote:It's important to be able to make a decision on what to demon to get from whom by yourself BECAUSE it is such a delicate thing and potential double edged sword. There is enough feedback on the feedback forum to know who is fake and who is real, but beyond that you should be making the decision of what to get from who based on the what you feel from the listing and more specifically the photos. People who can't do this are the ones who tend to end up getting themselves in trouble. Taking the initiative to look the sellers up one by one before starting a thread like this shows the forethought and responsibility needed to be a safe demon keeper. That's just friendly advice to avoid headaches later. I'm not picking a fight with you, only speaking from what goes into my own mutually beneficial relationships and what I've been told by people who bit off more than they could chew and wanted me to fix it.

Lucifer, Satan, etc. are not less powerful than most demons. The harmless fuzzball comment was meant to convey their relative disposition. From working with them I've found they are more forgiving of "newbie mistakes" in dealing with things of this delicate nature. If you're not a pompous jerk, they'll give you more of a pass for making a faux pas than demons with nastier dispositions, and certainly anything that is really BA, will.

Generally speaking, I find the more famous infernals are quite content to let people do their own thing without interfering. If you don't seek them out, they ignore you. If you leave them you burn that bridge and good luck repairing it. Necromancer's return sounds much smoother than what I've heard from other people who leave and try to come back.

You should consider doing considerable research into all things of the Left Hand Path both as a primer and to see if this is something you are truly in tune with. Speak with Lucifer about him leaving, and fact check what he tells you in the Akashic Records. Read up on Luciferianism, real Satanism and the like. Meditate and call out to the darkness for guidance. See who comes through to help you. Much about this path comes back to self empowerment. I make a conscious effort not to give everything away, but give people the kick in the butt they need to do it for themselves. Otherwise it's meaningless.

Followers of the Left Hand Path are the most open and tolerant people you will ever meet. When you have specific questions, you will get the help you need. However, the requirements of one's character and mettle to traverse the LHP safely and sanely are not common attributes. Contrary to common misunderstanding, it's about as far from "if it feels good do it" as it gets. That is LaVey's "Satanism" such as it is. Most people who go down the path toward darkness become consumed by it. It requires a certain something deep down you either have or you don't. If you have it, you have the potential do well on this path, but if you don't you will lead yourself to ruin.

Return to “Black Arts”