Furbaby Memorial

We love fur babies around here! Share your pics & stories!
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

:( My heart goes out to you and your family! So many furbabies lost in just this year! :’(

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

This makes four. We cannot bring them back into the house because it sets off my allergies, so we are trying to get a pen to put them into. Paint and Lil Bit were special. These dogs started life with abusers and had to learn to love.

Paint was brought to us with broken bones, in his hip and leg and some ribs, and cigarette burns on his abdomen. He would cower, but having my son pet him around the ears and head, brought him around. Our plan was to get him to learn to trust and find a forever home for him, but he started coming to get me when my son was having a seizure, so this became his forever home.

Lil Bit was starved half to death and severely beaten, to the point that his eyes were walled and he had the huge look of fear on his face. The look never vanished completely, but he learned that there is love in the world when Huff told his mother that he was not going anywhere because he loved him and he was his dog. Hearing this, the tail started wagging and doing circles. After that, every time Huff would come into the door, Lil Bit was there to greet him.

I sincerely hope there is no more doggie loss of life on this front for a while.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
jay76rs
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

My sister had a very sweet,very loving three year old boxer named Abigail (Abby for short). Abby was a big source of comfort to her,and even to me at times. But she had to give her up when she moved. She actually gave her up twice. Once to some punk who was dating her daughter-in-law's niece. They didn't look after Abby very long - less than a week,being totally honest - because he came home from work one day and Abby had torn up one of the blinds. So he flew hot,stomped and cussed,told her to come get the dog. So she did. She was gonna just give Abby over to the humane society after that,which I wish she had now,but she reached out through Facebook asking if anybody would want Abby. A guy from down south who was in town on business said he would buy Abby from her. It was hard,but she agreed. He had boxers of his own,so Abby was going to be a playmate for them. He took really good care of the dogs,too. He even had a separate room in his house just for the dogs. Well,the guy messaged my sister tonight and told her the bad news. Abby had been hit by a car. I'm broken up,but trying to remain strong. Wherever she is now,I just hope she's happy and frolicking and not in any pain. It will be a while before my sister gets over the loss so I'm going to try and be there for her.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I’m so sorry.

At least she had your sister’s loving home and this other adopter’s loving home. Accidents can happen so quickly. Our furbabies can move so much faster than we can, and if they forget their training for one instant, they can have an accident like this.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I can understand the actions of your sister in this instance. I went bananas when I lost my Gizmo, because I had raised him from a tiny baby. He was 5 weeks old when we got him. When I lost him, it was like losing my child. I still miss him.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Baxter, our beloved Chihuahua/Corgi mix, passed today. He was 12.

We had brought him to the emergency vet with concerns about him because his appetite was suddenly gone. He was known to have a heart murmur, and his kidney numbers were such that he was on special food and was in the “We’ll keep an eye on this” category.

We went to the emergency vet, knowing they can get lab results on the spot. I didn’t want to go to a regular vet where labs don’t come back for a couple of days. They admitted him, and commenced diagnostic tests.

What came back showed his kidney values were bad, and his heart murmur involved leaky valves in all four quadrants of his heart. So that was a deterioration in his two known issues. On top of that, his liver numbers were bad, and there were some neurological issues going on, both of which things we’d been unaware. (Now and then, he would kind of zone out and be inattentive to his surroundings. It was brief, and I thought little of it, but it turns out that was a subtle type of seizure.)

Then, this morning, he showed improvement, and the vet was all set to give me the good news. But suddenly, his blood pressure crashed. It took the ICU staff a while to stabilize him.

At this point, the likelihood of being able to gain quality time was almost zero. And IMO, heroic actions are for situations where there’s a chance at having quality of life.

I told the vet my hubby and I were going to come in to be with Baxter at the end. And we granted him the Final Act of Mercy. I cuddled him in my lap the whole time. He loved the MomLap, and cuddles were his favorite thing. So I know that was a consolation to him at the end.

We’ll miss him so much. <\3 Baxter was a very, very loved boy. We did our best to make sure he knew it on a daily basis.

divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Likes2Read wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:46 am Baxter, our beloved Chihuahua/Corgi mix, passed today. He was 12.

We had brought him to the emergency vet with concerns about him because his appetite was suddenly gone. He was known to have a heart murmur, and his kidney numbers were such that he was on special food and was in the “We’ll keep an eye on this” category.

We went to the emergency vet, knowing they can get lab results on the spot. I didn’t want to go to a regular vet where labs don’t come back for a couple of days. They admitted him, and commenced diagnostic tests.

What came back showed his kidney values were bad, and his heart murmur involved leaky valves in all four quadrants of his heart. So that was a deterioration in his two known issues. On top of that, his liver numbers were bad, and there were some neurological issues going on, both of which things we’d been unaware. (Now and then, he would kind of zone out and be inattentive to his surroundings. It was brief, and I thought little of it, but it turns out that was a subtle type of seizure.)

Then, this morning, he showed improvement, and the vet was all set to give me the good news. But suddenly, his blood pressure crashed. It took the ICU staff a while to stabilize him.

At this point, the likelihood of being able to gain quality time was almost zero. And IMO, heroic actions are for situations where there’s a chance at having quality of life.

I told the vet my hubby and I were going to come in to be with Baxter at the end. And we granted him the Final Act of Mercy. I cuddled him in my lap the whole time. He loved the MomLap, and cuddles were his favorite thing. So I know that was a consolation to him at the end.

We’ll miss him so much. <\3 Baxter was a very, very loved boy. We did our best to make sure he knew it on a daily basis.
Hello L2R,

I am so sorry for your loss.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Thanks.

On my Facebook, a memory popped up today, a pic I took of Baxter smiling in his sleep. I’ll take that as a sign he’s doing well at the Rainbow Bridge. <3 :03

He’ll be dearly missed. He was a sweet boy.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I'm so sorry for your loss, L2R. It is hard to give up our fur family.

Huffette
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Splash - September 6, 2009 - November 19, 2020. Disappeared when we let him out to potty

Caramel - March 31, 2018 - January 18, 2021. Hit by a speeding car while on the side of the road

Huffette

Return to “Paws, Claws, Feathers, Furries & Fins”