Ruby
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

adelphia wrote:The story of the woman cursed with immortality is chilling, especially since it reflects the cruelty with which the gods can act, and an indifference to suffering, for particular mortals. Thousands of years, and no forgiveness. I guess that is the nature of a true curse of a goddess.
I agree. Looking at it purely at a superficial point of view, it feels nice to be able to live forever and know everything there is to know, but when it comes to the idea that no one else can celebrate that immortality with you, and the idea that you will outlive everyone you meet, it's really sad.
ImageImageImageImageImage
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I do have a question concerning this, and I am not sure if it would even fit into here!!!!

If you believe that when we die and then we are born again, would that even be considered as a form of being immortal to a certain degree?

Just curious about this!!!!

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:
Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

starfire wrote:I do have a question concerning this, and I am not sure if it would even fit into here!!!!

If you believe that when we die and then we are born again, would that even be considered as a form of being immortal to a certain degree?

I'd say from a soul point of view and perhaps your core spirit, yes, as those could be considered "immortal".

But i think the difference is while you are still alive in the physical, you're no longer attached to the physical constraints from your mind and body when you die, so i imagine when you die it's COMPLETELY different. Perception of time changes, etc, and i imagine things wouldn't weigh down on you as much as they did in life.
So, i think you're right in a sense but the important thing is between death and life there is renewal and in a looong incarnation you wont get that, and that's what causes a lot of suffering. When we're reborn it could be considered immortality but the important think is it's a complete renewal which the physical immortal wont have.
Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

ShadowSage wrote:
starfire wrote:I do have a question concerning this, and I am not sure if it would even fit into here!!!!

I'd say from a soul point of view and perhaps your core spirit, yes, as those could be considered "immortal".

But i think the difference is while you are still alive in the physical, you're no longer attached to the physical constraints from your mind and body when you die, so i imagine when you die it's COMPLETELY different. Perception of time changes, etc, and i imagine things wouldn't weigh down on you as much as they did in life.
So, i think you're right in a sense but the important thing is between death and life there is renewal and in a looong incarnation you wont get that, and that's what causes a lot of suffering. When we're reborn it could be considered immortality but the important think is it's a complete renewal which the physical immortal wont have.
Very true, I got to thinking about this after I posted, and figured that like you said there is a renewal in between passing on, before coming back again and in a sense starting all over again, although there are some who do remember some of their pass lives, and that is the reason why I was asking in the first place!!! But then maybe this would be a whole other subject!!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons::

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

It really depends on what you believe in (religion-wise), but you can think about it this way... actually, maybe a graphic would be better. I will be back to post one.
De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

You are a whole energy source; your soul (unique aspect of yourself that moves onto afterlife), and your spirit (the energy composition that develops, morphs, and grows as you live... an evolving source).

When you die your soul moves on, your spirit breaks apart and is part of many things, including reincarnation. We do have an article about this in the Encyclopedia as well, I will have to find it and link it.
De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Really interesting topic. Thank you, Magnolia.
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Ferocious Harmony
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
Zodiac:

So what would unconditional physical immortality mean for your soul and spirit?
Would you just be a self sustaining perpetual source of life force?
Could an immortal stay sane and continue to grow with the right application of meditations?

Lol, sorry for all the questions.

Thanks for sticking with this thread for us!!

I'm sure my level of intrigue is quite obvious :think:
I read these words of my future in the past, and now my lie is true.

There is always a solution, have you the fortitude to seek it.

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

This is very interesting!!!! I know that the soul and spirit split apart, was just wondering though, if you were immortal like the lady you guys mentioned, her soul doesn't split apart does it?

Ferocious Harmony
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
Zodiac:

starfire wrote:This is very interesting!!!! I know that the soul and spirit split apart, was just wondering though, if you were immortal like the lady you guys mentioned, her soul doesn't split apart does it?

:think: My suspicions exactly.

I'd love to be able to study the process the body goes through when immortality is attained. I'm sure it's a deceptively simple concept with an extravagant application.
I read these words of my future in the past, and now my lie is true.

There is always a solution, have you the fortitude to seek it.

Return to “Magnolia”