Anyone who is into PC and/or PS3/360 Gaming - A Good Cause

Do you know of a charity that needs help?
ninjalovergirl
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire Angel Nympho
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire Angel Nympho
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Zero Point Software is an Indie Developer.
They have taken on a HUGE Task and Challenge of making a Full, In Depth AAA Sci-fi FPS (with RPG Elements) Game without a Publisher. It started with some guys working on it in a Basement. They are still in short supply. But they are continuing to work on their game. And what a Game it is.

Interstellar Marines

Coming from the Official IM Website:

Interstellar Marines is an AAA, FPS, Sci-fi, action and adventure game with an original and unpredictable storyline featuring single and cooperative gameplay, with heavy focus on realism. Planned as a trilogy and targeted at a 17+ audience, the game is currently being developed for PC. In time it's aimed at the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Set in a believable future, the player is a newly enlisted Special Forces soldier, equipped with the latest in weaponry, armour and gadgets that will embark on a breathtaking adventure. A world filled with challenging scenarios and heart pounding situations that in time draws you deeper into an ongoing plot.

Key features

Heavy focus on creating a thick realistic feeling of immersion through graphics, sound and game play.
Single player or up to four players cooperative game play.
A number of different interactive environments, ranging from claustrophobic space stations to large outdoor levels.
Persistent character development and skill system
Non-linear game play and open ended level design
Freely customizable weapons simulation
Captivating epic storyline written with focus on the co-operative part of the game
Genre: FPS, Sci-fi, action and adventure game
Platforms(s): PC
Release Date: N/A
Developer: Zero Point Software A/S
Publisher: it’s AAA Indie, baby!

So far, it is said to be for PC and PS3. It is a PC game first and foremost. That is Confirmed. PS3 is still uncertain to me. Their isn't any 360 version yet. Hopefully their will be. It is touch and go for this Project. I guess it depends on how much money they get to fuel it.

It has been in Development for a long time, and it still hasn't been confirmed as to when it will be out. Perhaps years. They are doing this on a Huge scale with such Little Resources.

So, why are Zero Point Software trying to go AAA Indie? How can Gamers Help them?
Taken from their site:

So why should you care about AAA Indie?

Gamers get a say in what games get to the market
Gamers can get behind the scenes of the development of games they fancy. No more closed doors development
Games can be priced and distributed much more liberally
It adds to the diversity of games available
It breaks down barriers of entry, opening the games industry up to a new and independant generation of game developers
What is AAA Indie?

AAA Indie is AAA games done independently from publishers
AAA Indie is the gamer and the developer, no one else
AAA Indie is development with open doors, so gamers can track games in development
AAA Indie lets the gamers 'vote' for the games they want to play - simply by expressing their interest
AAA Indie is open for anyone with a dream a the will to deliver on that dream
Why is Zero Point Software doing AAA Indie?

AAA Indie is how we got here, and you've been a part of it some time already.

When we launched the theatrical trailer for Interstellar Marines back in 2006, Zero Point Software was four guys in a basement with no track record, no tech, and no funding. The trailer, however changed all that. It has since gone on to download more than three million times, and it had been the main driver in our efforts to fund the development of the game.

It is in other words you, who've enabled us to be where we are today. Had you not shown the interest back in 2006, Zero Point Software most likely wouldn't have been around today.

Take a minute to think about that. The implications are huge. The lesson of the trailer is that gamers, through their interest, can leverage the development of a game. In principle a game of any size, if only the interest is big enough.

What can you do to support AAA Indie?

You can support our AAA Indie efforts on three levels:

You're doing it right now! By visiting the website you've just shown your interest in the project, so keep coming back, invite your friends, and spread the word, to generate traffic at InterstellarMarines.com
You can enlist as a Marine. By enlisting, you're showing a stronger commitment to Interstellar Marines, and the stronger your commitment is, the more value it adds to the project.
You can upgrade your Marine. We will give you loads of benefits, but really you're showing the ultimate commitment to Interstellar Marines. The dollarsthe community spends on Marine Upgrades go straight into the development of Interstellar Marines. And funding, of course, is the condition for independance.
What does the future hold for AAA Indie?

AAA Indie can go anywhere the community decides. The community is more powerful than any game publisher and through their support any crazy idea could take off. AAA projects simply depends on AAA interest.

AAA Indie is the dream that anyone with a great idea for game, and the ability and will to conceptualize it, can approach the community and find out if there's and interest (and a market) for his project.

There's an old fashion notion to it. Two guys in basement asking friends and fools for money to develop the game of their dreams. AAA Indie is no more than that. Only now, friends and family can be anyone in world who shares the vision to make a great game.

Ever since I found out about this Game, I have been very interested in it's Development. I think it looks so Cool. I am thinking of Pre-Ordering it for PS3. By Pre-Ordering the Game, I am Helping the Development of Interstellar Marines.

Here is a a Video that tells you more about IM and it's Development:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYPak-SPGHo

Here is a Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwbudluOU7M

Here is a Video of the Interactive Experience you can try out, called "The Vault" (It's really Cool):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYVAjv2ZM0w

And another "The Vault" Experience with "The Megalodon":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOakyEkrzC8

And Here is the Photo Session Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSP4afPTI48

If you are interested in this Wonderful Game, Here is the Link to the Official Interstellar Marines Site, you can get more info on it and it's Development here:

http://www.interstellarmarines.com/

By Helping the Devs on this it will Fuel a Great Project on a Grand Scale. We all know what AAA Publishers are usually like with Games. Making the Good Games Cash Cows, perhaps even screwing over Gamers with less content (and glitchy Games) at a higher price, sometimes not listening to the fans of the Game/Franchise.
Stick up for Indie Games too!
What do you guys think of it? I love it. As a Sci-Fi/Action (And perhaps a little Horror), It reminds me of a Cross between Starship Troopers and Aliens. Those Shark Hybrids are Cool too. I like the Design of the Marines. I really can't wait for this to come out. It seems like my kind of Game. If you are interested in this Game, or know about people who are, or can Help by promoting it, Spread the Word!

Image Image

Return to “Charities & Causes”