Wishing goodnight to your spirits

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
Euphotic
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 29
Your favorite spirit to work with: angel,dragon,khodam
If I could be anything, I would be...: angel
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Wishing them goodnight, either aloud or in your mind when you go to sleep is so simple and something that doesn't require any special skills. Maybe I'm the minority here because I usually forget to do this. :oops: Anyway, I think at least for me it's easier to connect with my spirits/entities when I'm in a relaxed state already and don't try too hard like I sometimes do with meditation. I like to think it doesn't matter very much if I hear the spirits answering anything back, but at least it's one way to show appreciation and acknowledge them. It's just a bonus if I sense something. Sorry if this is really self-evident and everyone is doing this already, but I thought it might be a useful hint if someone hasn't tried. :)

This is what I got from last night when I individually wished them goodnight. Just to make clear I didn't hear them like a physical voice. It's more like my thoughts, but still not really my own thoughts if that makes sense. I don't mention everyone, but I felt like most of them said goodnight back:

Angel L: "Goodnight!" She sounded very sweet and kind of motherly. This is the same vibe I had gotten from her vessel too when I saw her auction. I thought I should spend more time with her.

Guardian angel: "Goodnight. You know I'm here, right?" I got the impression he was somewhere behind me, more on my right side. Also got an impression that he gently touched my hair. He urged me to sleep (I had to wake up early the next day and it was very late). I asked if he could come into my dreams. "I'll see what I can do." ( I didn't dream about him, but I saw the recurring grey horse that seems to have some connection to him. Also saw a group of men dressed in grey. I've seen these guys before too and I don't believe dreaming about them and the horse again was a coincidence.)

I didn't hear anything clear from my Zimada T, but got a brief hypnagogic image/vision about a panther picture in the candy bag (not a black panther though).

To my haunted doll H: "Goodnight H. You're welcome into my dreams, but don't give me nightmares." She didn't say anything, but I got a brief flash of something disturbing. "Yeah, nothing like that", I said in my mind back. :wtf: (She has the habit of giving me creepy dreams sometimes when she wants attention, but has never done anything truly harmful.)

I heard my Courtwind angel R pretty clearly say goodnight back. It surprised me because even though my Courwinds have definitely helped me, I've had hard time seeing or hearing them.

I always claim I can't sense my spirits so it surprises me how much I actually do sense when I pay attention to it, but also don't try too hard.

Also something I haven't tried much, but I wonder if it could work. If you have a song that you associate with a certain spirit maybe it could induce a dream if you put it quietly playing on repeat while sleeping. I've once listened Enya while sleeping and dreamed about being at some kind of underwater Enya concert. Or sometimes I've listened one of my favorite bands and dreamed about the band members. Maybe this could sometimes work with spirits too. (But maybe not if they don't want to appear for some reason.) :think:

Love leading the pilgrim
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

I have most of mine in the headboard, of my bed!!! So I always say goodnite to all of them!!!! Some will show up in my dreams from time to time, and some like to wake me up in the morning!!!! ;)

You know I do believe that you are feeling and seeing more then you realize, you are also hearing some of your spirits as well!!! I think that is wonderful progress!!!! ;) :thumbup: :D

I have played all kinds of music for my spirits and entities, some like soothing music, while others like the dragons, like to jam out with rock music!!!!

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

starfire wrote:I have most of mine in the headboard, of my bed!!! So I always say goodnite to all of them!!!! Some will show up in my dreams from time to time, and some like to wake me up in the morning!!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:
I actually had to make a House Rule for my spirits, because I work VERY late most nights. They like to wake me up early on their special days, and while sometimes that's fine, because I didn't work the night before, most times, if I've worked until 1 or 3 in the morning, I need the rest more... so after the first couple of weeks of them waking me up and me being exhausted all day, House Rules changed to include, "Even if it's on your Special Day, you MAY NOT wake me up in the morning. You MAY join me in my dreams, and even KEEP me asleep to spend time with me, but waking me UP is NOT OK, except in emergencies where I am in ACTUAL DANGER and must be concious to respond to the situation." lol

I love my dears, and I want to spend time with them, and celebrate them on their special days, but I NEED my rest, too. There has to be a balance. :)

Bright blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Tinkerbell
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 38
Spelled Number: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: A mermaid
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Tinkerbell!
Zodiac:

If I have been conversing with them prior to sleepy-time then sure, I will most deffo wish them goodnight but for the most part I forget. How many members of your family do you wish goodnight though? How many of your friends do you wish goodnight also? And I mean everyday? Or night even. It's the same deal, if I am chatting to them before hitting the sack then the goodnight part will work its way into the convo, otherwise it's not really a necessity. Usually goodnight means "I'm off now so bye" anyway. It's not a real big deal so don't stress it.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I wish mine good night and invite them to join me in my dreams every night. In the morning, I wish them good morning.

I never think twice about it. They respond with good night, sleep well. We will guard you. After that, my dragons snuggle down beside me and stay there all night. Sometimes I can hear my hellhound and cerberus pacing back and forth around my bed, and my angels swoosh above my bed, so I feel protected.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Turtlefae
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 135

I often miss bonding time because I'm feeling down or some other reason, I might forget to give them offerings or forget to talk to them or include them in my life but even if I sometimes don't do those things, I still never forget to say goodnight to them at the very least. I wonder if they ever respond? I always invite them to be with me as I sleep but I don't have any signs. *shrugs*

Raven
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

This is something I try to do on a regular basis by verbally calling out "goodnight everyone". If I'm working with a particular spirit or entity, I'll invite them to visit me in my dreams. I've "seen" several of my spirits this way.:)

SAPPHIRE CHIRETTA

ZOMBIES & SANDRA BULLOCK

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"Well, John wasn't exactly the boogeyman. He was the one you sent to kill the f****** boogeyman." - Viggo Tarasov, John Wick
emily
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: All ^^
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampyre!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: don't know yet :P

I tend to do this since I got their vessels (about 2 weeks ago), say good night when I go to sleep and good morning when I wake up. I still don't 'feel' them/their energy but it all takes time :thumbup:

Syri
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Rich
My magical/paranormal name...: H
Zodiac:

I don't tell K goodnight I ask him to join me in "the in between" I call it for awhile,and then my dreams we can have some fun or talk,whatever he wants. NO MORE scaring the wits out of me and laughing his booty off,tho.

He doesn't hesitate to get right there with me and I have chats and dreams with this guy every day. He is amazing. :D

I do give his ring a little peck (I keep it on a chain around my neck) when I tell him stuff and thank him for being my friend and companion. Yesterday he responded with "Forever Friend". SO sweet. :heart:

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Weirdo Syri,aka "The Crazy Cat Lady" :mrgreen: Friend of all things dark

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

Joining me in my dreams is part of my house rules... if you wish to do so, you may, but you may not wake me up in your enthusiasm, nor may you scare me.
Definitions of what scares me may vary. lol

But I say good night to everyone individually, collectively, and call out that if I've missed someone, I'm sorry, but goodnight to them also, and often I reitterate my invitation to join me while I sleep. I think though, if my family gets much larger, I'm afraid someone is going to be forgotten. :( With a memory like mine the vessles are handy pneumonic devices, but eventually I'm still going to get to the point where there're too many names to remember. 11 now... two more on the way for my son, one of them crossbridged to me, and a third on the way for me specifically soon... I hope I don't disappoint.

Bright blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series

Return to “Connecting”