Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ghul Queen
If I could be anything, I would be...: Who I am

sadlotus79 wrote:
Falicea272 wrote:
SolarSiren wrote:
Falicea272 wrote:
Now I mention Abrahamic religions to distinguish them from other religions that have never gone to war on account of their believes or been part of the mass murder of thousand of people; for example the Yizidis, Hoodoun, Wicca, Hinduism, etc. have never been documented to have gone to war for their believes.

Like, I know right?!...For realz...Geez, I can't think of any example in the history of the entire world of someone who's a pagan or Wiccan or Witch or Hindu or Voodoo practictioner (Hoodoo isn't a religion) or Satanist or Atheist or Agnostic, EVER advocating or inciting or passively standing by while other people were attacked & tortured. Those religions & belief systems are completely more worthy to be learned from.
And I'm sure every person who is Christian or Jewish is just itching to start a holy war for the lulz of it and never question their own beliefs AT ALL EVER, and I'm sure they all just blindly agree with every word, ALL OF THEM AGREE WITH EVERY WORD... FACT of the DAY, yep yep, because the internet told me so.
Actually Hoodoun IS a religion. Go to Haiti and say that Hoodoun is not a religion and see what they say. I'm sure the Paleros would love to have a nice chat with you on that one!.

Second, History speaks for itself and again I clarify: Abrahamic religions are refered to in great detail as being intolerant of others and as the main instigators of wars and other crimes against humanity. Things are changing now a days because people are waking up from the stuppor of
"The Bible told me so" mentality. Yet here we are in he USA and all we hear about politicians is how "God-fearing Christians" make for a better and moral society. How the devil has corrupted this great country of ours and how we must once again go back to a country that was "founded" on Christain values when in fact this country was created with the point of religious tolerance as a right of the people not only Christians or Jews or Muslims; this IS NOT a theocracy it is a democracy. Sound alike but not the same.

By the way read the Bible and see how many people died when the King David fought against the Hittites, Romans, Assyrians, etc. and count how many of them WERE NOT because of religion. I dare you to find just one from the time of the reign of King David until the Exodus.

BTW I'm sure Israel did not mean it when they target Iran (who's been an enemy of Israel for ages) with the threat of Nuclear Pre-emptic attacks. And I'm also sure Palestine's troubles with Israel are not religious; I'm "certain" is because of real estate, right? geez!

not starting an argument but if you ask most people who ''servi Loa'' what their religion is they will tell you they are Catholic.as most are catholic who practice Vodou or atleast that is what I am told and is my understanding on that sunject
Voodoun and Hoodoun are not the same the former is a synchritization of African and Native American believes with those of Catholisism originating in the Southern States during the age of slavery so that the original religion from the Benin, Togo, and Burkina Faso could be practiced safely by the slaves. Hoodoun although similar is originaly from the same region of Congo but adapted by the slaves in Haiti for the same purpose. The problem is that many people confuse the two because the sound alike and the often confuse it further by just accepting that Voodoun is more akin to folk magic or root-work because of the often similarities between Voodoun and Hoodoun. Santeria is another religion that does worship the loas under the disguise of Catholic Saints and even though all these practitioners will tell you that they are Catholic, they do so to avoid persecution and unwanted attention.
Last edited by Falicea272 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brolasta
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 53
If I could be anything, I would be...: Slayer
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I think the christian god is a two faced god but sticking to the subject, would a shaman be affected at all by jehovian prayers? or what if one is dealing with a destructive spirit that doesn't fit at all with said jehovian "paradigm"? If the psalms would work I also think is more about the will and intent on the one praying it, I'm not saying that jehova doesn't exist, to me he's just some god impersonating as the whole of consciousness or creatress.

BTW the word demon comes from the greeks, which just mean spirit, the judeo-christian-islamic (jehovists) religion just gave it another meaning like they always do.

I find it extra psychopathic how those religions also fight between them. Why would one dare to think that there's a creator if all males have nipples if it wasn't by indoctrination? AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.

I guess the point is that the will in action is a very powerful force.

Oh I just read about the loa comment, no it's not catholic at all, if you have an empire of Catholics indoctrinating and slaving your people by slaughters you'd be smart to play it as if you are a convert, incorporating all of the catholic saints into your system, that's Haitian voodoo... I don't know if native Africans also got pounded by the Catholics, I'd say they did, here else did they subjugated people for slavery? But I'd bet Africa is where you'd find unaltered voodoo without any of catholic symbolism.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

Falicea272 wrote: Second, I do not have a disdain for Abrahamic religions. What I have a problem with is that all religions diminish the inherent power within all of us by convincing believers that only a select few can have exclusive access to the divine and that if you do not believe in what they teach you then you are automatically going to hell or worse. I'm sorry to be this blunt but ALL religions were created not to help believers seek salvation and go to Heaven but to control the masses and keep them in their "place". If we read the countless accounts throughout history of how religions create wars and terror through the ages (Inquisition, Crusades, 911) it's easy to see how religion does not promote peace and love; it promotes segregation and intolerance. I undesratnd that many of us have been raised in one religion or another and all of us have the right to believe in whatever makes us happy, but the historical attrocities commited by the auspice of one religion or another and the current social atmosphere of today reflect a need to view any religion with an objective lence that is often not prone to show pretty outcomes.
I whole-heartedly agree. This is why I question organized religion.. however, feeling this way as you've so accurately described above does not mean the psalms lack power. There are truths in ALL religions, imbedded along with the lies. It's up to the seekers of truth to find them. The ignorant masses follow church propaganda. Further, this is just my personal impression but the psalms do work, as they are imbued with the universal truth of divine energy that some like to call God or Goddess... I think your demons have you tricked. They don't want you to believe that anything else can drive them out. I don't mean to offend... but that's just how I see it... and Magnolia's original post follows this line of thought.

Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

The mention of hoodoo brings up an interesting point.

First, F. you gotta get the distinction right. Hoodoo is not Voudon. I see you have clarified this in your latest post, but you had said Hoodoo, while you were meaning Voodoo.

http://forum.luckymojo.com/hoodoo-and-r ... 10231.html

Hoodoo is not a religion. It's a magickal practice. And the interesting thing about hoodoo in the context of this conversation is that hoodoo practitioners are deeply involved in casting spells with the verses of the bible. One of them talks about how she is Christian but definitely not a Church Christian.

Casting spells with the bible is an ancient tradition, hoodoo is one well-known way of doing this, but it also goes back to the some of the grimoires, as well as Kabalistic tradition and other various magickal practices in areas where the bible came along and became a big influence.

One reason why the words of the bible can be powerful and the reason that they are true spells is that they have been repeated over and over again by these various practitioners for thousands of years. Like any spell, this causes them to gain power on their own.

I should link a few books here for traditions of spellcasting with the bible for further info. Will see if I can edit them in.

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator
sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I am not confusing hoodoo for vodou. ;) but thanks anyways :thumbup:

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

No edit button. Here are a few books on the use of bible in magickal traditions:

Qabbalistic Magic: Talismans, Psalms, Amulets, and the Practice of High Ritual
http://www.amazon.com/Qabbalistic-Magic ... 1594773580

and

BIBLE SPELLS: Obtain Your Every Desire By Activating The Secret Meaning of Hundreds of Biblical Verses
http://www.amazon.com/BIBLE-SPELLS-Acti ... ble+spells

and of course, the 6th and 7th Books of Moses.

Adelphia D. Blood
Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

sadlotus79 wrote:I am not confusing hoodoo for vodou. ;) but thanks anyways :thumbup:
Wasn't directed at you, sorry if that was unclear. :thumbup:

Adelphia D. Blood
Falicea272
neophyte
neophyte

Adelphia wrote:
sadlotus79 wrote:I am not confusing hoodoo for vodou. ;) but thanks anyways :thumbup:
You are right, Adelphia, I ment to write Voodoun. I have edited the entry. Remeber that Hoodoun and Voodoun as we know it today originated in the native religious believes of African Natives.

sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Adelphia wrote:

LOL i didnt direct it to you. i just forgot to qoute my bad LOL

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
Falicea272
neophyte
neophyte

Adelphia wrote:No edit button. Here are a few books on the use of bible in magickal traditions:

Qabbalistic Magic: Talismans, Psalms, Amulets, and the Practice of High Ritual
http://www.amazon.com/Qabbalistic-Magic ... 1594773580

and

BIBLE SPELLS: Obtain Your Every Desire By Activating The Secret Meaning of Hundreds of Biblical Verses
http://www.amazon.com/BIBLE-SPELLS-Acti ... ble+spells

and of course, the 6th and 7th Books of Moses.
Thanks for the link, however these examples only serve to prove the point I made: It is the inherent belief of the caster/conjurer/seeker that lends power to words. I bet I can take a Harry Potter novel and if I believe in the words in there I can make them work for me. The 6th and 7th Book of Moses is Pseudo-apocryphal; it was not written by Moses and the rituals contained in there are based on Jewish folk magic. They work because the person believes in them. I have used the above with no success at all which is why I came up with the conclusion above. If the words had inherent magic in and of themselves, how come they do not work for everyone all the time? Not because the words or rituals are flawed but because I went into the ritual using the Scientific method to demonstrate the inherent power of lack thereof of the ritual or word themselves when exercised with objectivity.

Because your ancestors were of Jewish descent if I remember correctly, these rtual and words have power for you because your belief in them is absolute and therefor you or someone with the same believes can use the Books of Moses succesfully all the time whereas other who do not share the same believes cannot.

Return to “Black Arts”