Demons & Religions

Jennypenny
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

Of course, they just stole it from Pulp Fiction. ;)

The original translation also sounds very compelling, and appropriate.

all you need is love is all you need
swannie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: unknown
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: unknown at this time

Huffette wrote:One really quick question:

Why do some demons smell of burning sulphur when you encounter them?
I can smell them before I sense them. I smell sulphur. Why? Could this be a warning signal to me?

I agree with Huffette--I've also encountered a distinct "smell" at times myself and wondered........ :skull:

I've found that evil usually triumphs unless good is VERY, VERY careful.......:skull:

"Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord...." but sometimes a little offered help is appreciated........:skull:

Don't get MAD---get EVEN......... :skull:
brolasta
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 53
If I could be anything, I would be...: Slayer
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Adelphia wrote:Ok guys, since Christianity and the god of the OT is being brought up so much, I have to throw in a few more wrenches.

I am of a more gnostic philosophy when it comes to the old god of the OT, and JC.

Gnostics believe Yahweh is Satan. Plug your ears if this offends you as a religious believer, I guess. This is my belief. I had direct experience with Yahweh shortly after I broke free of Christianity and discovered the truth of my bloodline. He came to me as a dragon. I felt it was Satan as he was somewhat malevolent. And he said I could now know his true name and form, and it was Yahweh.

Satanists who say things about the god of the OT who caused so much death and destruction and controlled humans, condemning the knowledge given us by the fallen angels, etc., are they aware that they are speaking of Satan?

Satan and Lucifer being 2 distinct beings. IMO, both have manifested as 'the' god in the bible.

Gnostic belief is Yahweh is Satan. And Jesus is the son of Lucifer/IS Lucifer. I have finally accepted this after thinking about it and studying it for 3 years. I didn't accept this through following gnosticism, but through a wide variety of direct paranormal experiences and spiritual ponderings and a lot of soul-searching and struggle.

So what I am saying is, why bash the 'Abrahamic' religion of you are a follower of Satan? Or is it that you are a follower of Lucifer, and if so, why bash JC? lol!

Again, sorry if I offend any religious believers.

Here is a summation of this idea as a fully-formed and well thought out religious belief, a belief come to a long time ago by a wise religious order, and one that I have come to on my own. Please read the link below. I am not Gnostic, but agree with much of what they are saying.
The Luciferian Doctrines of Dark Gnosticism and Dark Freemasonry also contain a corresponding Christology, which is consistent with their view of the Eden Myth. Namely, that The Serpent in the Garden of Eden and the Anointed One -the Messiah, the Christos, the Person of Christ- are one and the same. Moreover, that the Christos is a messenger and "son" of The Serpent and not the "son of the Creator." The Christos further establishes his Luciferic credentials in that he preaches Gnosis (Knowledge) and not pistis (Faith) as does his "father."

According to the Luciferian Doctrines of Dark Gnosticism the Serpent of Eden corresponds to the "serpent power," the Kundalini of Indian Tantric lore. Further, that this truly beneficent principle is the "Chrestos" (Greek: "the good one"), which is the "Solar Logos," the benevolent solar entity.
http://www.overlordsofchaos.com/html/freemasonry_5.html

Also Christos being linked with the benevolent solar entity makes sense of my paranormal photo where the man with the cross showed up, next to a solar symbol, here. http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... lit=+solar

As you can see, I have explored and questioned these things for a long time, and have gathered personal experience, paranormal phenomona, and a lot of research into ancient recordings of the gods, to come to this conclusion.

I'd like to know the gnostic sources you have studied, correct me if I'm wrong but the Nag hammadi texts was originally "translated" by Catholics, I'm thinking of getting the Not in his image book, the Nag hammadi texts translated by a non Christian, did you know that the gnostic term was coined by christians meaning know it all's? The gnostics called themselves Telesti and the demiurge was really just another name of yalbadaoth, jahweh or whatever, and indeed he's a reptilian LOL. I have only heard like 30 different 1 hour interviews done to the author and skimmed through the meta history site.

Frater Y.A.
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: My own
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self

swannie wrote:
Huffette wrote:One really quick question:

Why do some demons smell of burning sulphur when you encounter them?
I can smell them before I sense them. I smell sulphur. Why? Could this be a warning signal to me?

I agree with Huffette--I've also encountered a distinct "smell" at times myself and wondered........ :skull:
All entities/spirits carry a distinct smell...

Your astral/spiritual sense of smell in my opinion is more accurate than your astral/spiritual sense of sight...

The warrior Adept of ..... taught us a thing or 2 about tracking beings by your astral senses. Your sense of smell, touch and your skin is especially sensitive to beings foreign to this plane and when you encounter something these functions act as a well maintained alarm system alerting you to their presence, possible intrusion, harassment, attack or casual communication..

Beings whether good or evil are not always seeking to harm you... Sometime they just want to chit chat, silently observe, observe and engage or feed on your emotional, sexual, mental or spiritual outburst or provoke an energetic release(outburst)...

Believe it or not there is a lot of universal politics, bartering and energy that goes into possessing, harassing or even attacking a being on another plane..

It's kinda like trying to build a house...
What do you need to build a house?
Money/Material=Energy
Land=Body or Location
Permits=energy,permission,ability+justification=means, motive and opportunity
Value of target= Some people, locations are energetically more valuable then others and thus are harder to attain...

Each planes has specific correspondences associated with them and counter correspondence(a way to deal with beings of that plane).. Many would do well to learn these correspondences, explore and discover new ones...

Master Ash & Magnolia keep a very detailed and definitive list of correspondences and tips for dealing with certain beings in the CH encyclopedia....
Search Aliester Crowley's books
Israel Regardie Literature
Donald Tyson

Far to many to name... Seek them out!

Also, trust your feelings, but have a strong foundation of knowledge to fall back on.

FYA

The more i think i understand, the more i realize i hv been in the dark for a very long time, thus what i perceive as light is simply my desire to behold it once more...

"Remember as time remembers so shall you remember, and as time corrects so shall you correct"

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr. Seuss

Be wise, be vigilant, be silent....

Frater Y.A.
sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I agree with you Frater on the sense of smell thing. I can usually figure out who/what is around me based on their fragrance. certain smells usually equal certain spirits in my experience
i apply it to people as well.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
Frater Y.A.
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: My own
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self

sadlotus79 wrote:I agree with you Frater on the sense of smell thing. I can usually figure out who/what is around me based on their fragrance. certain smells usually equal certain spirits in my experience
The nose knows! :D

Are you okay?
Worried about you...

The more i think i understand, the more i realize i hv been in the dark for a very long time, thus what i perceive as light is simply my desire to behold it once more...

"Remember as time remembers so shall you remember, and as time corrects so shall you correct"

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr. Seuss

Be wise, be vigilant, be silent....

Frater Y.A.
sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Frater Y.A. wrote:
sadlotus79 wrote:I agree with you Frater on the sense of smell thing. I can usually figure out who/what is around me based on their fragrance. certain smells usually equal certain spirits in my experience
The nose knows! :D

Are you okay?
Worried about you...

sweetie that is a loaded question and i am not going to high jack the thread.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

I have to say... I'm good with sight, I'm great with touch, I'm excellent with just plain knowing, but I can't smell worth a darn unless I'm getting a migraine, and then I'm a human super sniffer...

I can smell what you had for dinner last week... but I can't smell spirits, of any kind, with one exception. When my Volkh's vessel arrived, even though we'd had several dreams together, when I meditated with his veseel for the first time, he DROWNED me in the scent of vanilla. It was WONDERFUL... he smells DELICIOUS.

But I'm more a know, see and then touch girl than a smell girl. I've never smelled anything that's attacked me, but I sure as heck know what they feel like... I know the... STAIN, for lack of a better word... that they leave behind them like a snail's sludge. When you can see/feel/whatever that sense is, that STAIN, smelling isn't strictly necessary.

However, Huffette... your situation is different to mine. I don't NEED to smell them as an early warning system. They don't usually come after me. Being able to smell them gives you time to put up a circle, pull out your faith, and defend. I just clean up the messes they leave afterwards. Different aspects of dealing with them lead to different senses being involved, I suspect.

Bright blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

All of my senses are developed in that regards. I guess I needed them, as I had no defenses as a child. I needed a warning system, so that I could call on help.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Falicea272
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ghul Queen
If I could be anything, I would be...: Who I am

I'm not sure we actually vered out of course with this discussion since we need to correctly identify that which we are trying to protect against and background information on Organized Religion is part of the learning process and information seeking part of being a keeper of entites whether they are Djinn, Demons or Dragons. I brought up the religious point to underline the fact that we cannot rely solely on what religions say about one entity or another without studying its historical content and history throughout their existance.

Again, we split hairs when we say that some Demons are real only if they are adversarial to humans and if they are not then they are not real demons. I'm sorry but I do not agree and therefore I expressed my opinion based on personal experience of many years. It was not meant to be offensive to anyone but again, the splitting of hairs is unecesary and useless when it comes to protecting oneself from an entity that means harm. Djinn can be equally aversarial to humans as demons are yet we don't go around saying that only real djinn are Islamic and the rest must not be real if they do not fit into our own made-up criteria. We must know by our own experience and intuition what it is that is really attacking us at any given time to defende against effectively.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh or arrogant and it not what I mean to have come across but although I have only 10 years or so of experience with demons in particular, I was brought up in a magical family where sprirts of every kind were an everyday phenomenon and I don't think my experience in this matter should be accepted at face value but it should not be dismissed outright either. If anyone can benefit from what I know then I'm happy; that is all. But if I expect someone to take my advice I want to make sure that person knows how I came to the conclusions I arrive at and most of them were not only experiential but also because I delved deeply in understanding the religions that make claims which unfortuantely through the advance of science have been proven to be mistaken. Anyone with a rudementary knowledge of history will see it for themselves without feeling threatened by it.

It is ok often to hear people say that they are religious and to talk about endlessly about it without batting an eye but when the opposite is true we shudder. I mean, is it alright for someone who is religious to talk about their religion and for those of us who don't belive to simply sit back and keep quiet?; Then is it only fair that those of us who don't agree must remain silent because we can offend? i think everyone should be able to voice their opinions whether they are religious or not, and this of course is called freedom of speech. I am not a believer of any religion and I think I should have equal right to voice my opinion on the matter. Not being adversarial here, just being honest and fair.

As anyone who has followed this thread carefully can attest, I have voiced my opinion of the matter and had some memebers agree and others disagree with me but never did I say that those who disagree must be living a lie or are otherwise foolish. I simply offered logical questions to which I have received some logical answers.

Point is: None of us know for sure everything there is to know about spirits and entities including me, but this shortcoming should not be augmented by silence when we are all searching for the same thing: THE TRUTH.

Return to “Black Arts”