Demons & Religions

Morag Rockwind
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't have one yet but willing to learn it.
Zodiac:

Aggreed, there is a quote that I love. " If you think you know everything, you don't." There is higher knowledge even the top mages haven't even learned yet.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I'm not sure we actually vered out of course with this discussion since we need to correctly identify that which we are trying to protect against and background information on Organized Religion is part of the learning process and information seeking part of being a keeper of entites whether they are Djinn, Demons or Dragons. I brought up the religious point to underline the fact that we cannot rely solely on what religions say about one entity or another without studying its historical content and history throughout their existance.
There are other threads on this forum about this topic, and we've discussed it in other demon threads. That kind of conversation would be appropriate in those areas. This thread is about "Demon protection", not identifying demons. We have discussed the subject of demon identification in many areas of the board, and you can pick any one of those threads to pick up that conversation. It doesn't help when a thread veers off course and becomes a different subject entirely. I would appreciate that discussions that already exist be added to rather than running another thread off course.
Again, we split hairs when we say that some Demons are real only if they are adversarial to humans and if they are not then they are not real demons. I'm sorry but I do not agree and therefore I expressed my opinion based on personal experience of many years. It was not meant to be offensive to anyone but again, the splitting of hairs is unecesary and useless when it comes to protecting oneself from an entity that means harm. Djinn can be equally aversarial to humans as demons are yet we don't go around saying that only real djinn are Islamic and the rest must not be real if they do not fit into our own made-up criteria. We must know by our own experience and intuition what it is that is really attacking us at any given time to defende against effectively.
Some means of protection are not merely as effective as others, but this really should be a place where people are adding their ideas about protection or their proven methods of protection rather than running the "What is a demon?" or "What is X religion" through the ringer. This thread went far off topic, and it continues to. Once something can be identified correctly then the correct measures can be taken. You can reference a topic called "The answer can't always be demons" if you want to see this topic already discussed recently. The search function is very valuable when you want to participate in a discussion to see if the discussion already exists so pertinent information can be kept together.
I'm sorry if this sounds harsh or arrogant and it not what I mean to have come across but although I have only 10 years or so of experience with demons in particular, I was brought up in a magical family where sprirts of every kind were an everyday phenomenon and I don't think my experience in this matter should be accepted at face value but it should not be dismissed outright either. If anyone can benefit from what I know then I'm happy; that is all. But if I expect someone to take my advice I want to make sure that person knows how I came to the conclusions I arrive at and most of them were not only experiential but also because I delved deeply in understanding the religions that make claims which unfortuantely through the advance of science have been proven to be mistaken. Anyone with a rudementary knowledge of history will see it for themselves without feeling threatened by it.
I'm glad you have that experience, but that doesn't mean this thread needs to go off course. With your level of experience then you should be able to contribute appropriately with some ideas of protection for various demons or dark entities. I'm not going to argue with you about science, religion, etc because I find it a waste of time, people need to make their own discoveries based on their own experiences and opinions on the subject are just opinions. I find that the discussion of religions & science (mutually or exclusively) are likened to a loaded gun. So, we won't discuss religion or advanced science or their alleged mistakes. I think that with your level of experience what you could contribute would be ideas for those who find themselves in a bad situation.
It is ok often to hear people say that they are religious and to talk about endlessly about it without batting an eye but when the opposite is true we shudder. I mean, is it alright for someone who is religious to talk about their religion and for those of us who don't belive to simply sit back and keep quiet?; Then is it only fair that those of us who don't agree must remain silent because we can offend? i think everyone should be able to voice their opinions whether they are religious or not, and this of course is called freedom of speech. I am not a believer of any religion and I think I should have equal right to voice my opinion on the matter. Not being adversarial here, just being honest and fair.
I don't see anyone on here talking endlessly about their religion. Someone mentioning their religious beliefs and giving their opinions and ideas for certain types of magick or spiritual endeavors based on their religion is good, but there is no governing religion here that is the ultimate truth or right. I don't think one thread that mentions a Christian method for demon expulsion constitutes talking endlessly or the need to be quiet, it's a thread intended for others to contribute their ideas and their thoughts on demon protection. If you want honest & fair then you need to contribute something to what this thread is about, give the readers some ideas on demon protection! Contribute demon protection from other religions or non-religious methods. This isn't a religious discussion, and it wasn't intended to be a religious discussion.
As anyone who has followed this thread carefully can attest, I have voiced my opinion of the matter and had some memebers agree and others disagree with me but never did I say that those who disagree must be living a lie or are otherwise foolish. I simply offered logical questions to which I have received some logical answers.
I understand, but again, this discussion needs to be demon protection, not religious ideas on demons, or what religion is right or wrong, that would be a great discussion for another thread, and I think what I'll do is split this topic so you guys can continue this discussion, because while it's educational & entertaining, it's not appropriate for this thread.
Point is: None of us know for sure everything there is to know about spirits and entities including me, but this shortcoming should not be augmented by silence when we are all searching for the same thing: THE TRUTH.
I don't know anyone who claims to know everything, but some do know more than others by simple exposure and years of experience. And, while the search for truth is ongoing for any human being, no one knows "THE TRUTH", it's a dynamic consciousness that changes as you learn & grow.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

This thread has been split and re-named :thumbup:

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

i may not recite psalms or other bible versus (because of my atheist ways)....nor may i know just WHY using a rosary will subdue an inc/succubi. but if masters of their craft know, then who am i too argue. of course with that being said i then need to procure said rosary for it to work.

so for me i would look to the masters, and ancient texts (not religious texts, but texts written by practitioners) to find true answers on how to get rid of demons.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Falicea272
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ghul Queen
If I could be anything, I would be...: Who I am

Falicea272 wrote:With all due respect I don't see how reciting the Lord's Prayer and carrying a flask of Holy Water will deter a demon from staying in your home. First off, most demons are NOT affected by any religious ritual of exorcism. This is just Abrahamic propaganda used to instill in people the need for the Church to combat forces than until about 2000 years ago were not even considered. Demons are much older than that and personally, I have gone to church and mosques with my own demonics and they actually find the whole ritual laughable; once inside the church they continued to be unaffected by prayers or "holy ground".

One thing however that will get them out whether they are bound or unbound is Tin (yes the metal) according to my demonics the physical metal itself does nothing to them but Tin has an auric vibration that impedes and weakens thim. Lead can also be used but this will last only for a short while. Tin is much better and longer lasting.

Also, most trouble-causing demonics are not attached to a house or place but always to a living being so check anything alive in your home including the person suffering or wanting demon protection because most often the person in need is the one whom is attached to a demonic force and if that is the case, only the person, by use of intent and will power can get rid of an unwanted demon. Contrary to popular belief, most demons don't stay where they are not wanted and most often, those who think are being attacked by a demon are actually being attacked by a often-times nasty poltergeist or a HUMAN spirit. Sometime even some nasty djinn will produce the "demonic" phenomenon knowing full well that if a person thinks he's being attacked by a demon then that person will use "demonic" rituals of exorcism instead of rituals created specifically for djinn (Djinn can be a bit nastier than most because of their high intelligence).

That being said, yes, there are some demons that can be outright nasty and will attack people but again, good luck using the ritual of Abrahamic religions to get them out; most often than not they will stop for a few days to have the person suffering from demonic attack to lower their defences so the demon can come back and do it all over again. Dissapointment and frustration are very powerfull energies from which most demons feed on so always remember to keep your cool if you are ever plagued by a nasty demonic force.
Shouldn't this be under Demon Protection Thread? 2nd Paragraph from the top; I clearly mention a way to protect oneself from Demonics. Thanks!

Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

Another interesting religious perspective...
a quote from 'The Demonic Bible':

"Many have rejected Christianity today because of what they see as the utter ridiculousness of its ceremonies and the complete ignorance of its followers. There is much wisdom to be found in Christian scripture, however, if one has time to read the many books which have been published in the Bible... Only by accepting the Bible for what it is, a book written by men and not the "living" Word of God, can one approach a true understanding of these scriptures.

"Read from a "satanic" perspective, the Bible reveals itself as a history of Hebrew magicians and sorcerers. In a careful reading of the Bible, the prophets of the OT are shown to be practitioners of the Black Arts and Jesus Christ, in his stance against hypocrisy and self-righteousness, is revealed as a great Satanic Priest and Black Magician. To the inquiring mind it is clear why the Magi of Persia (the Wise Men), were the first to acknowledge the birth of Christ, for through their Magical Art and practice of Astrology, they recognized him as a naturally born magician. The eighteen lost years of his life were surely spent in the east studying the knowledge of the Magi. The practitioner of the Black Arts may be the truest Christian and he who would follow the Dark Path set out in this book the truest Apostle of Christ."

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator
sadkitty101
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn/jinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: a unicorn c:
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Magnolia wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:30 pm You are all so far off topic on this thread I'm not sure you all have a cohesive thought process in the last few pages.

This was not, nor was never intended to be a soapbox for any religion. Religion is something not discussed on this forum in terms of AUTHORITY. There is no governing religion here. No one has the right to tell anyone else what IS law. Religion is faith, therefore it is up to each person to subscribe on the level they feel most kin with.

As for words, words are among the most powerful forms of magick that the human race can wield. Words, properly formed, and with the right intent can move proverbial mountains, and I will not have words admonished in this forum. It sounds trivial, but as a master in my trade of a good many years & countless hours of devotion & dedication to my craft I will defend the power of words and the intent behind them with most fervent protection.

This conversation diverted from the path is was intended to become a wrangling of multiple religions, multiple crafts, and multiple people's personal beliefs and I cannot believe how many people were offended in the gross diversion this thread took.

Demons are very serious & very real force when they are, in fact, really demons. I realize the word is something thrown with cavalier & flippant generalization these days, but for those who are fighting REAL demons, not "demonic-like" or "very dark" entities that are characterized for their "demonic" qualities, behaviors, or intentions... it is a real problem with real solutions.

I also do not take kindly to the dismissal of ANY religious text. All religious texts should be treated with the respect they are intended to receive. As someone who is a student of history, and a collector of many texts, the power behind the words written by those who believe(d) in the recordings is something that is real; whether you too believe it or not.

Spirituality and religion are something that exist mutually, as well as exclusively, and for that reason alone, on this board, we do not make light of what others choose to believe.

Demon aggravation is not a joking matter, a laughing matter, or a matter to be torn asunder by people who mock its intensity by arguing semantics, religions, or nuances.

While the majority of the world will never know REAL demonic aggravation, for the few who do, this thread has ventured so far off course it would not offer much in the way of assistance. Any replies to this thread should be about assistance with Demon Protection, period.

Im muslim myself tbh and i totally agree with u!! Religion should be always respected in general no matter what!!

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

In light of recent conversations about Demonolatry, giving this a BUMP.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Black Arts”