neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ghul Queen
If I could be anything, I would be...: Who I am

With all due respect I don't see how reciting the Lord's Prayer and carrying a flask of Holy Water will deter a demon from staying in your home. First off, most demons are NOT affected by any religious ritual of exorcism. This is just Abrahamic propaganda used to instill in people the need for the Church to combat forces than until about 2000 years ago were not even considered. Demons are much older than that and personally, I have gone to church and mosques with my own demonics and they actually find the whole ritual laughable; once inside the church they continued to be unaffected by prayers or "holy ground".

One thing however that will get them out whether they are bound or unbound is Tin (yes the metal) according to my demonics the physical metal itself does nothing to them but Tin has an auric vibration that impedes and weakens thim. Lead can also be used but this will last only for a short while. Tin is much better and longer lasting.

Also, most trouble-causing demonics are not attached to a house or place but always to a living being so check anything alive in your home including the person suffering or wanting demon protection because most often the person in need is the one whom is attached to a demonic force and if that is the case, only the person, by use of intent and will power can get rid of an unwanted demon. Contrary to popular belief, most demons don't stay where they are not wanted and most often, those who think are being attacked by a demon are actually being attacked by a often-times nasty poltergeist or a HUMAN spirit. Sometime even some nasty djinn will produce the "demonic" phenomenon knowing full well that if a person thinks he's being attacked by a demon then that person will use "demonic" rituals of exorcism instead of rituals created specifically for djinn (Djinn can be a bit nastier than most because of their high intelligence).

That being said, yes, there are some demons that can be outright nasty and will attack people but again, good luck using the ritual of Abrahamic religions to get them out; most often than not they will stop for a few days to have the person suffering from demonic attack to lower their defences so the demon can come back and do it all over again. Dissapointment and frustration are very powerfull energies from which most demons feed on so always remember to keep your cool if you are ever plagued by a nasty demonic force.

brolasta
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 53
If I could be anything, I would be...: Slayer
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Falicea, LOL that's what I thought, I think they are sort of a type of immortals.... And what about the primeval forces...

That being said, one could find in root work some powders, incense or oils that are just too unpleasant for any spirit, even for angelic ones.

Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

How powerful can a simple psalm be when attacked by a typical BA demon? (Note to demon-keepers, I don't think the kind of demon in this description is the same as the type that is most often kept).

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 62&t=28293

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator
Falicea272
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ghul Queen
If I could be anything, I would be...: Who I am

Adelphia wrote:How powerful can a simple psalm be when attacked by a typical BA demon? (Note to demon-keepers, I don't think the kind of demon in this description is the same as the type that is most often kept).

I would agree if this was in fact a demon. I have heard about these entities before, usually in the middle of the road and quite nasty. I had a similar experience when I lived in Philadelphia back in 1994. These are what are known as shadow people or shadow beings and they are quite abundant in Philadelphia specially on dark roads but although they are quite nasty they are not demons.

As for the Psalm, I don't think mere words can exice them as in Terror's experience; it was her intensity in emotions that finally got him out and by this I mean she might have a guardian spirit that felt her need for help and came to the rescue. Even possibly a departed relative.

Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Falicea272 wrote:
Adelphia wrote:How powerful can a simple psalm be when attacked by a typical BA demon? (Note to demon-keepers, I don't think the kind of demon in this description is the same as the type that is most often kept).

I would agree if this was in fact a demon. I have heard about these entities before, usually in the middle of the road and quite nasty. I had a similar experience when I lived in Philadelphia back in 1994. These are what are known as shadow people or shadow beings and they are quite abundant in Philadelphia specially on dark roads but although they are quite nasty they are not demons.

As for the Psalm, I don't think mere words can exice them as in Terror's experience; it was her intensity in emotions that finally got him out and by this I mean she might have a guardian spirit that felt her need for help and came to the rescue. Even possibly a departed relative.
To be fair, in order for Terror to be included in the discussion of your opinions on what she experienced, perhaps you should post your comments in the other thread as well.

Adelphia D. Blood
Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

Adelphia wrote:
Falicea272 wrote:

To be fair, in order for Terror to be included in the discussion of your opinions on what she experienced, perhaps you should post your comments in the other thread as well.
Ok, I've had a really long week at work, hence my delayed response but here it is:

To set the record straight (and any further discussion on this needs to be in the above-referenced thread, not this one)....

Falicea - I know we've butt heads in the past but mostly due to our differences in paths and what you perceive as my inability to be bias-free in terms of the things in your keep. You may not realize this but I do respect you because you are what I would think of as a responsible or educated keeper who knows what he's dealing with. The ones I challenge on this board are irresponsible and not even close to you in terms of historical knowledge, education, etc.

Now, as for what came to my rescue on the night in question (which Adelphia referenced), I can assure you it was not a guardian spirit, ancestor, etc. NOT EVEN CLOSE. I know the difference, as I've been clairvoyant since I was a small child, in varying degrees, and during the period in question, my third eye was even more open than it is now (unnaturally ripped open without my consent, but that's for another time/thread)... hence, my telepathy was off the charts to the point where I couldn't really function... the distraction of spirit communications made it difficult for me to live a normal life and my mentor had to close my third eye a bit a little later so that I could be normal, which is what I desperately craved. The night I was attacked, the psalm 91 did in fact invoke a divine force. Saying that it was a guardian spirit or ancestor is almost ridiculous...I was screaming and WEEPING so hard I almost went mad! I collapsed on the lawn when I got home because it destroyed me to a quivering mess. It left me NO question as to the existence of a greater universal power. The force completely OBLITERATED the monstrosity that tried to kill me in the car. If one were to go off of Ash's definition of the true BA "demon", then we're talking an entity with an utter ability to decideright/wrong (hence, NOT dark arts/duality), incapable of anything than what it was - a thing of utter malice, destruction and utter chaos. In my mind, a true BLACK ARTS DEMON, certainly unlike anything in your keep, which as you have described is capable of loyalty.

As I described in my lengthy post about that night:
This is the only way I can describe it: Imagine a scene where an individual decides to torture and kill their victim by chopping them to death with a hacksaw, limb by limb. Imagine the screams of the victim, the terror, the horror, the heart-wrenching pain, the sheer torment, anguish and human suffering of being torn asunder... now imagine the malevolence, the darkness, the rage and the fury and god knows what else that consumes the individual committing the murder. Now take all these emotions from the scene, take the emotions from the victim, take the emotions from the murderer, and lump them into ONE entity. That's what it felt like. That's what attacked me in the car and tried to kill me.
I will that no one, not even my worst enemy, not even the most irresponsible little $hiteous keeper of demons who likes to screw around and hurt innocent people... not even them... experience what I experienced when this thing attacked.

I agree with you, Falicea, far more than you realize, on many points you've proffered in the past about your demons and the mainstream's perceptions of demons. I think where you error is that you are quick to assume that someone may, for a number of reasons, NOT find your demons appealing because ohhh, they must be RELIGIOUS or otherwise a subscriber to the "Abrahamic religions" as you are fond of saying. I think this can be the case for many people - as they do subscribe to value systems which demonize anything that isn't well understood in the spirit world - but cannot be the case by DEFAULT. In fact, as a non-christian and as someone who finds organized religion to be a joke, I'm almost insulted by the association that I could be so readily lumped in with the Christians :lol:

Now, I used the Psalm 91 because it was, amongst MANY OTHER SYSTEMS, suppose to work and when one's life is threatened, one will grasp at anything. Did it make me a Christian? H#LL no! If anything, it made me turn my nose in disgust at organized religion even more. I personally believe that I am proof that no matter what your belief system, there are certain truths in ALL belief systems and belief fuels magick, which is merely energy with intent driven at a target... and in my case, the Psalm 91 WORKED and I'm living proof of it. I would be six feet under if it didn't.

I know you recognize the balance between darkness and light, as you've alluded to the importance of WA in other posts despite your choice of path... and so I don't understand your contention that psalms, for instance, DON'T WORK on demons.

Hey, I think at the end of the day, and I believe Ash and Mags have alluded to this, belief and intent are what power the energy behind anything... so as a keeper of demons, clearly you're going to sneer at the psalms... and they won't work for you, but that won't be the case for someone else.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Terror Misu wrote:power. The force completely OBLITERATED the monstrosity that tried to kill me in the car. If one were to go off of Ash's definition of the true BA "demon", then we're talking an entity with an utter ability to decideright/wrong (hence, NOT dark arts/duality), incapable of anything than what it was - a thing of utter malice, destruction and utter chaos. In my mind, a true BLACK ARTS DEMON, certainly unlike anything in your keep, which as you have described is capable of loyalty. .
Sorry, I meant to type "then we're talking ABOUT an entity with an utter INability to decide right/wrong" - d#mn typos.

Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Good post Terror, it is possible you are still editing it... let me just say about the last paragraph,
so as a keeper of demons, clearly you're going to sneer at the psalms... and they won't work for you, but that won't be the case for someone else.
I've noticed Falicea's disdain for the 'Abrahamic' religions, but this is not hand in hand with being a keeper of demons. It is obviously fairly common in the modern day and perhaps it may be more common among demon keepers. But if a person keeps an open mind, they can be a demon keeper and still respectful of the power contained in the Jewish and Christian and other religions. I recently allowed a bound demon to be be rehomed to me, though I had not sought him out or to take that plunge into demon keeping, I found he had a lot to offer so I accepted him. Surprisingly, in trying to get to the bottom of a messy situation, he chose to give me some good advice through spelling out a reference to some verses in the bible.

I believe wisdom does not sneer at power, wherever it is contained... ;) F.'s demons may not like it, but there are many that respect the wisdom of the bible as well. Whatever the demon thinks about it however, I think it is important not to take on the attitudes of the demons or allow them to influence your mind and views.

My demon is not some light and fluffy being (he is a Commander and counsel to Lucifer), aside from his high status, he is a typical demon, he will lie, he thinks the ends justify the means, he is dark and dangerous and needs a strong keeper with the ability to enforce control, in order to keep him from running their lives and doing his own thing. Yet he chose to show me the advice, through a bible verse. Go figure.

Adelphia D. Blood
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Falicea272 wrote:With all due respect I don't see how reciting the Lord's Prayer and carrying a flask of Holy Water will deter a demon from staying in your home. First off, most demons are NOT affected by any religious ritual of exorcism. This is just Abrahamic propaganda used to instill in people the need for the Church to combat forces than until about 2000 years ago were not even considered. Demons are much older than that and personally, I have gone to church and mosques with my own demonics and they actually find the whole ritual laughable; once inside the church they continued to be unaffected by prayers or "holy ground".

One thing however that will get them out whether they are bound or unbound is Tin (yes the metal) according to my demonics the physical metal itself does nothing to them but Tin has an auric vibration that impedes and weakens thim. Lead can also be used but this will last only for a short while. Tin is much better and longer lasting.

Also, most trouble-causing demonics are not attached to a house or place but always to a living being so check anything alive in your home including the person suffering or wanting demon protection because most often the person in need is the one whom is attached to a demonic force and if that is the case, only the person, by use of intent and will power can get rid of an unwanted demon. Contrary to popular belief, most demons don't stay where they are not wanted and most often, those who think are being attacked by a demon are actually being attacked by a often-times nasty poltergeist or a HUMAN spirit. Sometime even some nasty djinn will produce the "demonic" phenomenon knowing full well that if a person thinks he's being attacked by a demon then that person will use "demonic" rituals of exorcism instead of rituals created specifically for djinn (Djinn can be a bit nastier than most because of their high intelligence).

That being said, yes, there are some demons that can be outright nasty and will attack people but again, good luck using the ritual of Abrahamic religions to get them out; most often than not they will stop for a few days to have the person suffering from demonic attack to lower their defences so the demon can come back and do it all over again. Dissapointment and frustration are very powerfull energies from which most demons feed on so always remember to keep your cool if you are ever plagued by a nasty demonic force.

Coming from someone who has been a target of demonic attacks since I could remember, I can say the above referenced psalms do work. So does The Lord's Prayer. Th reason is simple:
These prayers call upon one who is mightier than they. They know not to try harm to the great one (also called God, Allah, YHVH, Jehovah, etc). They know it is a hopeless battle and surrender when you call upon him.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Adelphia wrote:Good post Terror, it is possible you are still editing it... let me just say about the last paragraph,
so as a keeper of demons, clearly you're going to sneer at the psalms... and they won't work for you, but that won't be the case for someone else.
I've noticed Falicea's disdain for the 'Abrahamic' religions, but this is not hand in hand with being a keeper of demons. It is obviously fairly common in the modern day and perhaps it may be more common among demon keepers. But if a person keeps an open mind, they can be a demon keeper and still respectful of the power contained in the Jewish and Christian and other religions.
This is an excellent distinction to make... thank you for educating me! You never cease to amaze me, ma'am :D

Return to “Black Arts”