neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ghul Queen
If I could be anything, I would be...: Who I am

In my opinion, we have to start by admitting that the business of spirit keeping is one that is initially based on trust alone. If the person interested in acquiring a spirit does not have the ability to sense the paranormal initially then of course, human nature will kick in, and the opinions of others who are seen as more experienced will be sought to appraise the situation. Many of us here in this forum are still developing the ability to sense our own spirits even after years of bonding with them so imagine a new keeper trying to find out if they have a real spirit in their keep or if it is an empty vessel.

Yes, there are sellers out there that do prey on the unsuspecting and will knowingly sell empty vessels just for a quick buck and the stigma of "buyer beware" will rear it's ugly head sooner or later, creating doubt on those whose hopes are diminished by the afront. But there are sellers out there that truly sell real entities but the newbie will not know that at first; they cannot tell who's real or who's not so they again depend on word of mouth to try and make an informed purchase.

Also, I do agree that there are spirits who really don't want anything to do with other people except their keepers and they do "cloak" their presence from prying eyes but this cloaking in my experience is a dead give-away that something is there because more often than not, the vibration coming from the vessel itself will be non existent despite the fact that all matter in the world give off vibrations naturally that can be perceived by anyone if trained in reading said vibrations. That's how I know who's cloaking and who's not. That being said, the majority of spirits I have encountered DO like to interact with others and very few tend to be aloof and antisocial. Also, vibrations can be perceived through pictures, light itself is a vibratory frequency interpreted by the brain so if there is an entity in a vessel, it can be preceived remotely, even if the actual identification of the entity is a bit fuzzy or inconclusive (there's something there but I'm not sure what it is kind of deal)

Nomally I stay away from sellers who mention the word cloak anywhere in their listings. If I can't sense the spirit I wish to acquire before doing the actual purchase (something I'm really good at after many years of practice) I'm sure as hell not gonna purchase anything at all; after all we don't buy cloth or groceries or anything for that matter without looking at it first.

There's also the other side of the spectrum; people who can actually sense vibrations naturally and mistake them for entities. It happens all the time. Also these kind of individuals, although quite sensitive to vibrations, do attract unbound spirits that sometimes masquarade as the entity in the vessel just for the chance of communication.

I do agree that reading other vendor's wares can cause problems here; after all, this is not Angie's List so I do agree we should tread lightly here if at all. That being said, vendors everywhere should accept the fact that full disclosure and opinions of people about their wares is not the same as defamation of character. No court of law will uphold a complaint from any spirit seller because the actual validity of the product cannot be proven by an appointed Justice. Is that simple, so real sellers should have no fear about a lawsuit or any other legal action against them. No prosecutor will ever bother taking on a case like this; a case that cannot be proven one way or another. That's why most ebay vendor have to state by law "the products here are for entertainment purposes only". That way they can protect themselves from customers who are dissatisfied with their spirits and they free themselves from any and all responsability theirein after the transaction is completed. BTW They are not protecting themselves from the Law but from ebay seller clauses that could cause the closure and suspension of their trade on ebay itself. Also it is a way for ebay to protect their corporate butts in the event of a dispute.

And lastly, I think if a vendor "cloaks" his or her spirits, then it immediately raises red flags for me; why does this vendor feel the need to hide the very thing he or she sells? It makes no sense. Most vendors will say it is because for the spirit's protection because they are ment for one specific person/ keeper. Really? One person among the billion people on this planet is that special?. Other say it is because other conjurers are lazy and it's easier to steal someone elses spirits and sell them as their own. Again I say: Really? You know how hard it is to conjure a spirit let alone steal one? I'm not buying it!!

My advice: learn to feel the vibrations and energy around you before becoming a spirit keeper, not only to protect you from scams but also because you will be able to tell clearly which spirit or entity really wants to share his or her life with you. Failing that, asking questions from other spirit keepers is the best way to go before making a puchase.
Last edited by Falicea272 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Falicea272
neophyte
neophyte

StarsmacK wrote:
Killarican wrote:On 3 , Well to be fair, there are some people that are actually capable of giving accurate readings on spirit, despite the cloaking or perceptions that filter, and can greatly assist one in communication via medium. This may be different from directly bonding with the spirit which I see nothing wrong with if a person has a strong reason to take the information being received for more then a grain. I have always gotten super accurate spirit readings.

Otherwise I agree with the rest on liability..
I agree with you.

Discretion should be used when choosing someone to do spirit readings, but discretion should be used in almost all situations in life. There's no guarantee that the spirit will talk to the reader, of course, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. Some readers have psychic gifts that allow them to read spirits naturally. If there's someone on this forum that isn't open to that as a possible fact, I'd say they're in the wrong place. This is a paranormal community after all, we should all be open-minded.
Nicely put!! I agree!!!

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I can understand new ones wanting to know if there is a actual spirit in their vessels, but that is when they should be asking the sellers questions before they buy anything from them, and checkout the feedback as well!!!!

I also understand the need to confirm things that they might be feeling from their spirits, which is a very natural thing to do, in my personal opinion!!!!

I just think that the point is to not rely on someone's own ideas about what the spirit may say or feel like, all the time!!! At some point in time, you will have to rely on what you feel, hear, dream, and what the spirit's energy feels like to you, for you are the keeper after all. ;)

You have to learn how to do things to help yourself on your path of spirit keeping, which may include stuff like, learning how to meditate, how to feel energy, and paying attention to your dreams, and the little things all around you!!!!

It is a whole new and exciting world in spirit keeping, and it is up to you to decide to learn how to be a spirit keeper!!!

There is a lot of information in here, and like with all things, it will not happen overnite, it takes time and patience, and a lot of work!!!!

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Falicea272
neophyte
neophyte

starfire wrote:I can understand new ones wanting to know if there is a actual spirit in their vessels, but that is when they should be asking the sellers questions before they buy anything from them, and checkout the feedback as well!!!!

I also understand the need to confirm things that they might be feeling from their spirits, which is a very natural thing to do, in my personal opinion!!!!

I just think that the point is to not rely on someone's own ideas about what the spirit may say or feel like, all the time!!! At some point in time, you will have to rely on what you feel, hear, dream, and what the spirit's energy feels like to you, for you are the keeper after all. ;)

You have to learn how to do things to help yourself on your path of spirit keeping, which may include stuff like, learning how to meditate, how to feel energy, and paying attention to your dreams, and the little things all around you!!!!

It is a whole new and exciting world in spirit keeping, and it is up to you to decide to learn how to be a spirit keeper!!!

There is a lot of information in here, and like with all things, it will not happen overnite, it takes time and patience, and a lot of work!!!!

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:
I agree with a lot of what you said but I do have reservations about asking questions to the seller because if it is a fake seller they can pretty much tell you whatever they want and still you wont be able to prove if it is true or not. Also I don't rely heavily on feedback because most often the feedback themselves are vague and too many people will post a feedback the moment they get the item ordered in the mail without having any time spent with the item itself to post a realistic feedback and once you place that feedback you can't change it even if you find out at the end that the item was fake or otherwise.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

The point is you shouldn't rely on anyone but yourself. Relying on others causes trouble; and feeling out a seller's work for another, especially when you don't know the details of their practice, is not a great idea.

More 'readers' will be wrong than they will be right, as it is. That's not to say you need to unquestionably trust every seller out there; this is all just common sense.
If you're uncertain about something, build up your own skill..work with the item..and from the start you should've gone by your intuition or own better judgment. Make purchases with discretion, make further discernment with discretion, and trust in yourself. If things aren't so great, chalk it up to fate.
This community is a great support, but ultimately it's all on you. If you're ready to embark on this journey, all of that should be a given.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Reading someone else's spirit vessel gives me a headache. That is why I stopped replying to those threads.

The spirits don't want others prying, so they put off negative vibrations to get rid of the other person.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

Some problems that have occurred in the past (before my time here but I've been told):

1. Readers claim to have these abilities and then people act on their readings... like, giving away their vessels to new homes because they're told that their spirit isn't happy, etc. To me, taht's just dumb... my experience giving free vessel readings, it makes ZERO sense that ANY spirit would ask to be rehomed so these previous individuals had ulterior motives.

2. Some people are just unscrupulous and really aren't psychically sensitive at all.

3. Psychism really isn't an exact science.. you can have three people do a reading on something and each will get maybe a small slice of the pie to report, but may differ individually in what they glean.

As someone with psychic sensitivities -- I can look at a vessel and hear the spirit telepathically - here's my take, based on providing free vessel readings in the past. Spirits will go out of their way to tell you to "F---" off if they don't feel like talking to you, even when their keepers are the ones asking you to read them. They're ONLY interested in their keepers.... Some might talk, others won't, even when directed to do so. Case in point? Endy asked me to talk to his moon wisp... I tapped her energy from afar, without looking at any vessel... and I most definitely connected with her and her response was in essence "Go away" followed by a ducking sensation... even with his written request in place, she didn't want to talk so I respected her wishes.

I"ve also run into ethical dilemmas where the spirits have mentioned things in someone's home environment, say relating to a spouse or other relationship... and because I'm not 100% sure that what I'm reading is accurate and I have no way to guarantee my accuracy, I don't know if I should really even TELL the person... because I don't want to be responsible for creating drama esp if based on misinformation...

So, in case anyone is wondering why I never went forward with offering spirit readings in the marketplace, now you know.

Karynjoy
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Princess Fiona
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I'm glad I read this thread and it has made me realize how naieve I am. I have been enjoying having a try at trying to figuring out if what I think I see is actually what I see. For me it's kind of like testing myself with the hope that I can tune in my senses, no harm meant just trying to learn.

I wish there were some spirits out there that would help people like me learn from them, with the help of their keeper that knows for sure who they are. I guess itjustdoesnt work like that. ( sigh )

I always say that I'm anewbie without too much of aclue, so I hope I haven't offended anybody.

I love these forums its great to be able to see things from another point of view , thanks everyone :)

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

Actually, I have several spirits who have no problems showing off to my friends or family. I introduced all my spirits to my meetup group, and introduced my son to three of my spirits last week. Of course, I always check with the spirit first, to see if it's ok, and they want to be handled/seen/spoken with etc by someone other than me... but I've found them very willing.

It honestly depends on the spirit and the situation. Since I do a lot of energetic and magickal teaching/healing and thus work with lots of people, the spirits who chose to come to me knew they were coming into a situation where sometimes they would be the teachers for more than just me, and sometimes they would be helping me with the lessons, and sometimes they would be observing or doing other things, depending on each situation and each spirit. Because they came knowing that I was a teacher and healer, and because they chose to come into a situation like that, they are more... sociable with other humans than one ordinarily finds with spirits bonded to other keepers.

I really recommend working with each spirit on its own, and please try to keep in mind that each spirit is different, has different need, desires, and functions, and you should always ask them if they want to participate in something. What if they don't WANT their vessels photographed and pasted all over the internet, and a hundred different psychics poking at their phone?

If you can't get a clear sign for yes or no, try using a pendulum to get an answer, or some other divination method to which you are accustomed and with which you are very familiar. Sometimes, I need more than yes/no answers, and I reach for my tarot deck. Most of the time, though, it's just for confirmation, because I have very good "hearing," and so it's easier for me to just 'path my spirits and listen to their answers in my head. Very rarely is something so complicated and above my head that I need to pull out the pretty pictures to have something explained to me. lol

Give it time... you will learn the symbolic language your spirit speaks, and as you open up, you may find that your spirit relaxes too, and wants to get involved in more than just your own life. My Black Dragon is bridged to me, but he spends almost all his time either with my spirits, or with my husband, and pays practically NO attention to ME at all. I'm ok with that. And that's an example of a spirit CHOOSING to socialize with someone other than their keeper.

However, neither he nor my Wraith wanted to meet my son, as neither thought that would be appropriate. They both suggested that M might have some discomfort when confronted with a dark arts entity. I left it at that. However, my wraith was very willing to allow my students to handle his vessel, and even gave them all a peek, when we were discussing spirit keeping in the grove. So it also depends on the situation.

Hope this helps...
Brightest blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
edsphinx
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: edsphinx
Zodiac:

Is a hot topic indeed, is the second that I have been involved since I joined to ::ch:: the first one was the soul sale one, and well is great that we can discuss and get so many opinions about this topics, because in my opinion, never had were to read and be able to talk about such subjects, and now we have here this community that allow a really open minded interaction, but like everything in human world we need rules to be able to handle everything before goes out of control, and is really wise to keep that in mind.

I really a new spirit keeper, in the middle of the rush to know and be able to "listen" and have so many friends from other realms but after check some post realized that need to calm down and start to work more in build my abilities, and is great that found my own answers here.

BTW: I have one post of this kind ::facepalm::

but have the idea that my friend want to say something to me trough others, but I can be wrong and well hope not.

Dark Blessings,
edsphinx

Return to “Dark Arts”