Seraphim

Discussion of specific races of angels.
Morag Rockwind
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:21 pm
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't have one yet but willing to learn it.

Re: Seraphim

Post by Morag Rockwind »

He corrected me when I worked with him. Metatron is inFACT a Seraph and is technically a Throne since he sits next to the throne itself when one enters the Angelic realm. I am aware he is considered to be the prophet Enoch but he does not really acknowledge that. Adelphia you are correct with the order.



User avatar
Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1641
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:08 pm
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

Re: Seraphim

Post by Adelphia »

I disagree, Bryan. You have to take revealed information and test it, you have to test the spirits. Does what your Metatron says add up, compared to what people have recorded of him in the tradition of esoteric literature that surrounds him? If yours is something totally different, then you have to question it. Why would he appear one way in ancient Jewish myth and legend, and a different way to you alone? If Metatron truly was a Seraphim, this would have been recorded by one of the many, many seers who have recorded him in the past. If you are getting revelations, it is important to do your research and check your facts and in this way at least, test the spirits.
Metatron, greatest of angels in Jewish myths and legends, variously identified as the Prince (or Angel) of the Presence, as Michael the archangel, or as Enoch after his ascent into heaven. He is likewise described as a celestial scribe recording the sins and merits of men, as a guardian of heavenly secrets, as God’s mediator with men, as the “lesser Yahweh,” as the archetype of man, and as one “whose name is like that of his master.” The latter appellation is based on Hebrew numerology; i.e., when the consonants that comprise the names Metatron and Shaddai (Almighty) are analyzed according to preassigned numerical values, each name totals 314. Elisha ben Abuyah (flourished c. ad 100) is said to have apostasized after having had a vision of Metatron.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/top ... 3/Metatron

Most occult magicians who practice evocation are pretty wary of summoning a being such as Metatron. To see him would be to be burned by fire.
This Enoch, whose flesh was turned to flame, his veins to fire, his eye-lashes to flashes of lightning, his eye-balls to flaming torches, and whom God placed on a throne next to the throne of glory, received after this heavenly transformation the name Metatron.[8]
Three Occult Books of Philosophy, by Henry Cornelius Agrippa

Metatron is at the same level as Michael, Archangel, and it is also said that the duties of Prince of the World was passed from Michael to Metatron.

Not to derail the thread.


Image

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator

Morag Rockwind
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:21 pm
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't have one yet but willing to learn it.

Re: Seraphim

Post by Morag Rockwind »

Because one OTHER person confirmed it for me. That is how I confirm things. I have researched him countless times, but when someone else hears the same thing you do it is all but confirmed.



User avatar
Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1641
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:08 pm
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

Re: Seraphim

Post by Adelphia »

Morag Rockwind wrote:Because one OTHER person confirmed it for me. That is how I confirm things. I have researched him countless times, but when someone else hears the same thing you do it is all but confirmed.
That raises a big red flag. Without going into detail, when another person confirms something to you, it is NOT all but confirmed. People have been lied to through lying spirits that speak through other people and deceived, countless times in the new age movement. Spirits that want you to believe something will go out of their way to have that one other person confirm it to you. I was just reading a case of this exact thing the other day and the man ended up in the mental hospital. Spirits confirmed to him through other people that he was (a great ancient figure in history). And spirits told him that he was like, the saviour or something, that he was so essential and important. And because this was confirmed through another psychic at the time, it all but cemented this false reality in for him and put him through a lot of spiritual trials and mental illness.


Image

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator

Morag Rockwind
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:21 pm
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't have one yet but willing to learn it.

Re: Seraphim

Post by Morag Rockwind »

Adelphia wrote:
Morag Rockwind wrote:Because one OTHER person confirmed it for me. That is how I confirm things. I have researched him countless times, but when someone else hears the same thing you do it is all but confirmed.
That raises a big red flag. Without going into detail, when another person confirms something to you, it is NOT all but confirmed. People have been lied to through lying spirits that speak through other people and deceived, countless times in the new age movement. Spirits that want you to believe something will go out of their way to have that one other person confirm it to you. I was just reading a case of this exact thing the other day and the man ended up in the mental hospital. Spirits confirmed to him through other people that he was (a great ancient figure in history). And spirits told him that he was like, the saviour or something, that he was so essential and important. And because this was confirmed through another psychic at the time, it all but cemented this false reality in for him and put him through a lot of spiritual trials and mental illness.

I agree to a point but I dissagree to a point. Lets leave it at that.



User avatar
Ninja
active contributor
active contributor
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:18 pm
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6000
Spelled Number: 999
Your favorite spirit to work with: All Entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Ninja

Re: Seraphim

Post by Ninja »

Adelphia wrote:That raises a big red flag. Without going into detail, when another person confirms something to you, it is NOT all but confirmed. People have been lied to through lying spirits that speak through other people and deceived, countless times in the new age movement. Spirits that want you to believe something will go out of their way to have that one other person confirm it to you. I was just reading a case of this exact thing the other day and the man ended up in the mental hospital. Spirits confirmed to him through other people that he was (a great ancient figure in history). And spirits told him that he was like, the saviour or something, that he was so essential and important. And because this was confirmed through another psychic at the time, it all but cemented this false reality in for him and put him through a lot of spiritual trials and mental illness.
Adelphia, Do You Have A Link For This Material?


A Closed Mind Is Open To Evil

Goldilocks
neophyte
neophyte
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:53 am
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any that isn't shy
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Re: Seraphim

Post by Goldilocks »

Alluring. I think i am seriously seduced by angels at this time of my life.



User avatar
Euphotic
active contributor
active contributor
Posts: 836
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:59 pm
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 29
Your favorite spirit to work with: angel,dragon,khodam
If I could be anything, I would be...: angel
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Re: Seraphim

Post by Euphotic »

AngelDust wrote: My impression is no personality just energy to right the wrong and protect. I don't really talk to mine, he's just there to keep the house under control. I've only asked him to do one thing which was to get rid of a pestering energy, and it pestered me for a looooong time that no other spirit or practioner could get rid of, considering I'm not religious and don't ever care to be. There is a certain GTFO authority he has. LOL.
Thanks for telling more about yours. I love it how your worded it, "GTFO authority". :lol: I've seen some angels in dreams who give that vibe (my T included, at least sometimes) so I can't even imagine how a Seraph must be. Wonderful that he was able to get rid of the pestering energy.
AngelDust wrote: I haven't worked with him, but I feel if he/she has a name it's not seraphim energy. Mine has no name. I have an archangel ring too to feel the difference.
Adelphia wrote: Good point about the Seraphim having no name.
Do you know what source material says Seraphim don't have names? For AngelDust I'm assuming it's (correct me if I'm wrong) that the seller didn't give a name and you also feel like he doesn't have one. But I wondered if there are some texts that also confirm this and this could be why Adelphia is saying the same thing too.
Adelphia wrote:
Morag Rockwind wrote:Seraphim are higher rank than even the arch angels. They usually do not call humans unless they have a specific task. Metatron himself is a seraph.
The rankings go like this:

Top Level:
Seraphim
Cherubim
Thrones

Middle Level:
Dominions
Virtues
Powers

Bottom Level:
Principalities
Archangels
Angels

Metatron is an archangel. He is the human spirit Enoch who transformed into an angel. That is the reason for the -on ending of his name rather than -el. The other one in this status is Sandalphon, who is Elijah, also a human who transformed into an archangel, brother of Metatron.
I'm not touching the debate about Metatron because I have no personal experience or knowledge about him. But I didn't know this about the -el and -on endings so thanks for telling that. I just knew that -el has something to do with God. I have no idea what -on means (hint, hint, do share if you know, I'm a language nerd ;) ).

Also, is this angel hierarchy correct in your experience Adelphia? I've wondered how people, I think Pseudo-Dionysius & Thomas Aquinas came up with this hierarchy. Do you know if they based it on some older tradition? (I've also wondered why some of them, such as Powers and Principalities are even interpreted to be angels. But that's another topic.) I find it interesting they put archangels so low.

Sorry for tons of questions. :oops:
Goldilocks wrote:Alluring. I think i am seriously seduced by angels at this time of my life.
:thumbup:


Image
Love leading the pilgrim

User avatar
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Posts: 7128
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:54 am
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Re: Seraphim

Post by Samsara »

Do you know what source material says Seraphim don't have names? For AngelDust I'm assuming it's (correct me if I'm wrong) that the seller didn't give a name and you also feel like he doesn't have one. But I wondered if there are some texts that also confirm this and this could be why Adelphia is saying the same thing too.
Here is a place they talk about it:

http://www.seraphim.com/seraphim-angels-names.html
Our staff regularly receives inquiries regarding the Seraphim angels names and personal characteristics. I believe this has arisen from common confusion between Seraphim angels and archangels, the later of which do have specific names and personalities. I thought instead of briefly addressing this commonly asked question in our frequently asked questions section, that I better write up a whole article about it, and hopefully dispel some of the confusion and misinformation on the subject. Now, do bear in mind that this article relates to Seraphim in the theological or religious sense, as I am fully aware of Seraphim angels having individuals personas within the realm of fiction. I am also aware of the Seraphim being given individual names within the angel art and figurines market, and I have a feeling this might even be part of the reason why theological confusion is arising, especially lately. Many of these glass angel figurines are given female names.



For the record, the Seraphim angels do not have personal names or individual personas. In fact, there is still much scholarly and academic debate as to how many Seraphim actually surround the throne of God. The Book of Isaiah speaks of the Seraphim in the plural sense, so obviously we know that there were more than one Seraphim that appeared in Isaiah's vision. However beyond that there isn't any other information that specifically states how many there are. So by in large the detailed information or personal traits and characteristics of the Seraphim are fairly vague at best, and they certainly were never given individual names, apart of course from the name Seraphim. Anything that runs contrary to this vague description of the Seraphim, is completely fictional, and certainly not derived from any officially recognized religious scripture within any of the three Abrahamic religions of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.
Though this is your journey, whatever old text exists it's good to compare your own experiences. I had a moment when I was super sensitive where I could feel the entity as if he were next to me and our thoughts were as one. The moment has passed and the line between my own made up thoughts and what is true is blurred. Even in meditations in enoch rituals, angel names will come to me as an American name but when I look it up in my angel book the names are similar but slightly different. There is a lot of room for error and a lot of room for coinciding facts when dealing with psychic impressions.

But I will tell you this, I just googled it. What I said about them not having names was from the seller. But my experience of no individual personality was my own.


"Man is what he sees in other people."

User avatar
Terror
sanctified
sanctified
Posts: 6829
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:06 am
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet

Re: Seraphim

Post by Terror »

Adelphia wrote:
Morag Rockwind wrote:Because one OTHER person confirmed it for me. That is how I confirm things. I have researched him countless times, but when someone else hears the same thing you do it is all but confirmed.
That raises a big red flag. Without going into detail, when another person confirms something to you, it is NOT all but confirmed. People have been lied to through lying spirits that speak through other people and deceived, countless times in the new age movement. Spirits that want you to believe something will go out of their way to have that one other person confirm it to you. I was just reading a case of this exact thing the other day and the man ended up in the mental hospital. Spirits confirmed to him through other people that he was (a great ancient figure in history). And spirits told him that he was like, the saviour or something, that he was so essential and important. And because this was confirmed through another psychic at the time, it all but cemented this false reality in for him and put him through a lot of spiritual trials and mental illness.
;) :thumbup:


Image

Post Reply

Return to “Angel Races”