tiamax
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 2
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

i dont want to offend anyone or their spirits, but are some spirits racist? I had a dream last night i was being attacked by racist people.. But in my dream i was african.. Dont know if it means it was a past life dream or just a dream with spirits.. Either way can spirits be racist??

VicyCat
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: I have to choose?
If I could be anything, I would be...: something special
Zodiac:

In my experience- yes! I have a vampire who was very racit when he was alive and he still is. While we have some guidelines concerning that when he first arrived he often mocked me for not having a pure bloodline. It was interesting trying to explain that hardly anyone has pure bloodlines now. People travel and move all over the world. And I can feel a disgust welling up in me and I know its him- lol. But he's against the mixing of religious backgrounds, ethnic brackgrounds- all the things that have never even occured to me to be offended by. In a way I don't know that's he's specifically racist- but very prejudiced against the intermingling of the different aspects of lives. Class should be with like class, race should be with like race, belief should be with like race- a Irishman shouldn't be with a German. All that kind of stuff.

Society often forgives the criminal; it never forgives the dreamer." ~ Oscar Wilde
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

You would have to take it on an individual spirit basis. Of course, some entities are no longer alive, so something they may have been "racist" against may no longer be alive on Earth. I suppose it's possible, but it's not something I've encountered regularly.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
tiamax
neophyte
neophyte

ha.. How interesting.. Well i know some people who believe that race and race should be together same as class and religion.. I would have thought maybe some spirits were above that but that again would be on personal experience and how they view the world and how they lived it, i would have thoughts spirits would have been more open minded with that kind of stuff.. Guess not all spirits are..

souloffire
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 8
If I could be anything, I would be...: demi-god
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Sio
Zodiac:

I think sadly racism will always be here.I've wondered about that with the spirit world.I would hope that if a spirit didn't like a particular race and someone of that race/ethnicity went to buy their vessel they'd tell the seller not to let it happen.

tiamax
neophyte
neophyte

i would hope not lol i would hate to have a racist spirit in my life just as much as id hate to have a racist human in my life.. Its good to know all this though.

Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Hmm, a friend of mine has a Chinese Celestial Dragon who is very, very vocal about how she doesn't like my Japanese spirits, can't understand why we're always going on about Japanese Tea, etc, etc, etc and that I need more Chinese spirits, blah blah blah. She's gotten MUCH better about it (especially in light of a past life I had), but took me by surprise.

As far as within the family, I haven't picked up on anything, but I'm not that great at doing group work and am better at picking up individuals. I also informed them that if there were ANY sentiments of that sort that their vessels would be buried under a fresh, steaming pile of horse poo for the day so that they could think on their sentiments and just WHY I'm not happy with them. So I have a feeling that they keep that to themselves if anyone has those types of thoughts. :sly:

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

Bella
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I have mostly come across this with vampires talking about how "half-breeds" aren't as good as "purebloods" and how psy "can't be as good or as powerful" as sanguine. :wild:

Brightest Blessings!
Wishing you \/ , <3 , & :) always!
tiamax
neophyte
neophyte

lol @ the horse poo thing, thats really funny.. Yeah id keep to myself too if that was going to be my punishment for being a racist hahaa..

Whats a pure bloodline? Are they spirits who havent been mixed with another race or something? Wouldnt that be hard to find out since we all have different past lives? I know i was an egyptian high priestess in a different past life, also part of an aryan family in the 30s, so how will you know if you havee pure bloodline if your life is always changing??

Bella
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

tiamax wrote: What's a pure bloodline?
An example of a pure bloodline would be say, a family where only sanguine mated with other sanguine :vampire: and they kept that going for various generations over hundreds of years until they died, as they do in many wealthy families, some of which are also inbred. :silent: Or a family where only ___ race of humans only ever mated with the same race.
It has nothing to do with spirits, who are dead and do not procreate. (There really is no time frame either, the above is just an example.)

Brightest Blessings!
Wishing you \/ , <3 , & :) always!

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”