Chaos Magick: What it is and How it is done

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

SWWSB wrote: These sigils are awesome, but I still don't understand how you came up with the patterns for the letters does each letter represent a line? Can you explain this more I probably sound really dumb but are sigils something that are worked from the magical squares like in The Golden Dawn?
Yes, they are quite literally 'awesome' ;)

No, there's no set structure behind it. I took the letters and threw them into a sigilistic design. Every shape/line you see is part of a letter. You can base sigil construction off grids as well if you want.
While there is general guidance out there, mostly results of chaos magick are conceived out of pure innovation. Application of sigils was inspired by the works of Austin Osman Spare.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Cheese Sandwitch wrote:I have a question, if you don't mind, Noc.
I've been having a play with Sigils, just practicing the designs, theory behind them etc.

When doing a sigil , which is better- being specific for ex: "I want to HEAR my spirits better "
Or doing one for "spirit communication" ?

And with regards to using them for healing "health for so and so" or something like "so and so be free of blah blah illness?". Just as an example
And if you do a sigil for someone else, do you give/send it to them?

I'm just trying to learn the most effective way of wording them and using them in the case of if it's for someone.
Whatever you think is going to work best to achieve your specific desire, as you're the one investing into this so..the sigil will pretty much 'read' your intent. Which is most appropriate? If you want overall better communication then, the second option seems more promising.

If creating a sigil for someone else, as it's of your desire for them..it's still yours but on their behalf. So your will in creating, will drive it..but with the way sigils are extending them in whatever way can be very effective; if sharing it with the individual seems the move to make, as long as you believe in the act it's going to be reflecting your intent onto them.

The thing to remember is that you can program a sigil any way you want. If you want it to be activated by say, mass exposure, then mass exposure will empower your desire. If you want it to be empowered by this person's exposure to it, then that will happen.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

I have been semi interested in sigil magic for a while, but have never tried it. This thread has inspired me to do so. I just have couple of questios.

Is it better to use wording like " I have......" or perhaps " I will have...."? Or does it matter at all?

Also does language matter? If I create a sigil using my native language it will look completely different from sigil I create using English. But I guess since the intention is the same, it shouldn´t matter that much.

Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: demons
Zodiac:

Thank you, that falls in line with what I've been independently studying so to have your confirmation shows me I'm on the right road. I'm better with intent than exact specifics because I prefer to leave a little leeway. Some times things work outbetter for me when I don't put strict limits out. OK, time to get on with it :)

Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.- George Carlin
In heaven all the interesting people are missing - Friederich Nietzche
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.- Albert Einstein
Share small joys. Even if you cannot live like a wild animal, give up your fear of being happy- 3 of Chalices Ludy Lescot Tarot
"Cheese- milk's leap to immortality"-Clifton Fadiman
SWWSB
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: watcher
If I could be anything, I would be...: watcher
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Spirit Walker With Sky Bear

Thank you Noctifera, I appreciate your response and when I have time I will try my hand at them.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Aurum wrote: Is it better to use wording like " I have......" or perhaps " I will have...."? Or does it matter at all?
"I have" or "I want to have" I mean.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Aurum wrote:I have been semi interested in sigil magic for a while, but have never tried it. This thread has inspired me to do so. I just have couple of questios.

Is it better to use wording like " I have......" or perhaps " I will have...."? Or does it matter at all?

Also does language matter? If I create a sigil using my native language it will look completely different from sigil I create using English. But I guess since the intention is the same, it shouldn´t matter that much.
I would say it doesn't matter. With my initial example was just giving a straight forward idea, but you can do whatever fits. And yeah, it would work all the same in your language.

Hell, for my "awesome life" sigil, I could have really just drawn a happy face with an exclamation mark..and as long as the intent was there, it would bring happiness and subsequently awesomeness.

Vanya GreyCrow
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: ---
If I could be anything, I would be...: ---
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: ---

Noc, so does that mean i can draw up totally new sigil designs which don't even have the letters involved in them?

So long as the intent and the will is present when the sigil is designed and drawn?

In seeking Death I learned to live.
'Walk your own path. Seek your own truth.' -- Azrael
'What are words? Words are at once the most powerful and the most powerless things there are.'
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Vanyawen wrote:Noc, so does that mean i can draw up totally new sigil designs which don't even have the letters involved in them?

So long as the intent and the will is present when the sigil is designed and drawn?
Yes, for sure.

Vanya GreyCrow
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: ---
If I could be anything, I would be...: ---
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: ---

Great, thanks Noc!

In seeking Death I learned to live.
'Walk your own path. Seek your own truth.' -- Azrael
'What are words? Words are at once the most powerful and the most powerless things there are.'

Return to “EXPLANATIONS”