Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Lord Validus wrote:
Tenebrae wrote:
Exactly why a mockery of Order is the most delicious of hierarchies.
Chaos is delicious
It is delicious cake. And I'm a glutton for it.. no matter how much it aches.

suicidex66
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 41
Spelled Number: 66
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:
We meet again!

I was generalizing in regards to cabals and on the topic of the achievement of godhood, self mastery, etc. Of course I can't know the nature of this Temple from the inside. And I think you've taken some of my wording a little too seriously, as well..

No, I've made it quite clear I work very hard to get where I want to be, and that others must make the proper investment to achieve such things.
I never so much as suggested things pop out of thin air.. that's silly.
Sometimes they do, but that's quite another subject. ;)
Haha Indeed! Yes, I did take you post as directly speaking of the Temple of Maergzjirah which is why I happened to respond with a bit of hostility, my apologies.

There's no arguing that you need to work hard in order to achieve what we want. Yes, you can attain a lot of power through self mastery, there's no denying that either. However I still believe that certain aspects of higher knowledge can only be learned and mastered by them being bequeathed unto you. There are forces and techniques out there that our minds simply cannot fathom, contain, or control without the ancient knowledge backing them. They are beyond our perceptions and cannot be discovered through simple trial and error or by a mind that can think out of the box. Can you really say you don't agree with any of this? That without connecting to any entity or mindset(indirectly or not) that you can learn techniques that other beings spent up to millenniums perfecting without having any prior knowledge on the subject before hand?

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

suicidex66 wrote:Can you really say you don't agree with any of this? That without connecting to any entity or mindset(indirectly or not) that you can learn techniques that other beings spent up to millenniums perfecting without having any prior knowledge on the subject before hand?
It should be pretty clear that I do believe connecting, working, interacting with ancient deities and entities and philosophies opens you to energies, and advances you in a way nothing else can. I agree with that much. I simply don't find it necessary or particularly beneficial to do this through a cabal, to emphasize a single domain, and I do not feel their particular sources can allow me something others cannot.
I mean as an example, I work pretty extensively with the Qliphoth or Tree of Death (which is also understood in different ways) and these forces or 'gods' or demons to some, have opened a great deal to me.

Though ultimately it is the primordial Chaos which is all, and so it is only that chaos which I ultimately honor.. which means nothing. The purest bond I have, with Death itself.
While individuals are inclined one way or another they are not commonly so disharmonious, and it is this which makes me unable to realistically accept much else on that level of being.. or that uniting under an umbrella will bring lightning to me. I go to it, however presented..
My nihilistic approach towards life is therefore only reconciled with an aggressive gnosis of that chaos or necrosis which is a strange and lovely thing.

Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Noctifera wrote: It should be pretty clear that I do believe connecting, working, interacting with ancient deities and entities and philosophies opens you to energies, and advances you in a way nothing else can. I agree with that much. I simply don't find it necessary or particularly beneficial to do this through a cabal, to emphasize a single domain, and I do not feel their particular sources can allow me something others cannot.
I feel the same way.

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
suicidex66
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 41
Spelled Number: 66
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote: I do not feel their particular sources can allow me something others cannot.
I wouldn't say this is completely true and I'm sure it's something your alluding to, just not outright stating. Terms used to describe the ultimate results aren't always analogous. They can be completely different forms/flavors, they can have slight similarities or non at all. Take lichdom for example(something you have touched on before), there are many different paths towards this destination however not all lead the same way.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
Zaoluux
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Still looking
If I could be anything, I would be...: A G0D
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't have one

So I stumbled across this post, checked them out, and decided to see what could happen. So from what I have ready I can expect a 15 day delay in delivery of my order? What about application approval / denial time?

angeldark
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: dark twisted spawns
If I could be anything, I would be...: shape shifter
My magical/paranormal name...: angel dark

i wanted to write a update also, i was a member of the cabal and am still working from time to time with one of the main demons from the cabal but i must say...my way of believe and my way of working with demons is very different from the cabals kind of believe

the people in the cabal forum were always very friendly and helpful but i am more the "doing it alone" person and it did not work out for me personaly with the demons of the cabal
i learned much and it was a good experiance but i found out that i am in no way a "coven or cabal" type of person lol
thanks

“Ia! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!”
Ashen-Shugar
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

I'm not currently thinking of joining the temple but I did get a talisman recently from them. It took only a little over a week to receive it once I placed the order but unfortunately they don't seem to be as good with responding to questions. I was wondering what happens if the writing on the sigil fades away, would the talisman still be effective?

Zelda
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: changes day to day
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

My understanding is yes, it will still work. They said at one point that you can safely put a protective coating over it to keep the sigils from wearing off. I used a clear acrylic and it didn't change the nature of the talisman in any way. I can't say I'm overly thrilled with the piece itself, but the sigil work is very pretty and I want to keep it that way.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. ~Cicero
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!

Noctifera wrote: I do not feel their particular sources can allow me something others cannot.
[/quote]

This is how I feel as well.

Also, the Temple of Marzipan is BA and I don't work with BA.

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"

Return to “Black Arts”