You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Shax
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: ShadowHawk
Zodiac:

Hello all. I'm new here so I apologize if this is the wrong section or this topic is against the rules. Despite being new to the site I am not new to the occult. I've been practicing evocation (mainly the methods of King Solomon) for over 8 years and have been practicing magic in general for over 10 years. Anyway, I've been doing A LOT of research on Temple of Maergzjirah but have pretty much come up empty. Basically all I can find on them is what is on this thread:

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... =8&t=17318

While that thread does have some positive feedback it's not exactly what I'm looking for. Let me first say that I AM NOT LOOKING FOR FREE INFORMATION OR TO BUY ANY OF THEIR ITEMS SECOND HAND. I'm simply trying to make an informed decision on whether or not to join their Cabal. I don't want to spend my hard earned money on something that may not be worth it. I want all my ducks in a row so I don't regret it later. Here are a few questions I have about their Cabal, so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated:

Are they real/legit?

This question is not meant to offend. You have to understand that other than their website and the thread I posted a link to above, there is virtually no information on them on the internet. I tried to find reviews and came up empty. They are very secretive, probably for good reason. Other sites that I found that mention them say that it's a possibility they aren't legit as it seems like a role playing game, etc etc. I'm not saying I believe any of that. Quite the contrary, I'm interested in joining the Temple so the vast majority of me believes they are legit. But, due to the lack of information there is always that small part that says it could be fake.

If they indeed are legit please see the below questions

Is their magic practical?

By practical I mean is it "easy" (note I do not use that word lightly) or is it as complicated as Solomonic evocation? For example, will I need to spend thousands of dollars on very rare ritual tools (such as a sword especially engraved with the names of specific spirits during the Hour of Venus on the Day of Jupiter while standing atop a mountain) or countless man hours making them myself? By practical I also mean if it does require ritual tools, are they fairly easy to obtain and at affordable prices? I'm interested in their forthcoming grimoire Charnel Whispers and part of the description says this:
Last, but not least, Charnel Whispers also reveals the simplistic nature of casting such magicks through minimal components or ritual tools
This makes it seem like this grimoire is full of practical magic, which interests me greatly. It took me years to build up my arsenal of tools to practice Solomonic evocation, I'd rather not go through it again.

Are their any ongoing fees? Like monthly or yearly dues?

Obviously one must pay for their books and talismans, vessels, adornments, etc. But other than the initital $50 fee to join their Cabal (upon being accepted) are their any ongoing fees such as monthly or yearly dues?

Can the rituals and spells be implemented right away?

Back to the question of practicality. Again, I come from a Solomonic evocation background. A good 80% of the time before any evocation there is a long period of preparation, in many cases months in advance. Ritual baths, fasting, preliminary rites, etc. If I do join Temple of Maergzjirah do their rituals require much prep time? I understand if this question cannot be answered as it may give away secrets of the Temple, if so please just plainly say so.

Is it worth it?

Necromancy is something I'm very interested in but the vast majority of books on the subject that exist on the mass market are just about divinatory practice. The Temple seems to be in line with the type of Necromancy I'd like to become proficient in. Is it worth it to join them?

Again, to any members of the Cabal reading this, it is not meant to offend. I'm just trying to get my head on straight and make a sound decision and not regret it. If they indeed are legit and it is worth it I'm ready to dedicate myself to the Temple and their belief system, but I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into before I pay. Thanks to anyone and everyone who can help.

dachong
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lich
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: oyEys
Zodiac:

Hello there,
The $50 membership fee is life time, and it comes with 40ish pages of info & simple rites.
The Black Scripture does has useful info on many magick, necromancy & other stuff, but sadly I only read half the book. I haven't really practice on their magick yet even I do have fair amount of relics & talisman from the cabal.
I haven't really go onto the cabal sanctuary site for awhile since I have soooo many things going on, but if you don't hate reading essays, the cabal is a good place to join. They have very knowledge people there, most have been in the occult for over 20 years.

Hope it helps!

Blessings.

Proud owner of a 2005 Honda Civic Si Type R
Eldraath is my Patron.
The God-King
new here
new here
Zodiac:

dachong wrote:Hello there,
The $50 membership fee is life time, and it comes with 40ish pages of info & simple rites.
The Black Scripture does has useful info on many magick, necromancy & other stuff, but sadly I only read half the book. I haven't really practice on their magick yet even I do have fair amount of relics & talisman from the cabal.
I haven't really go onto the cabal sanctuary site for awhile since I have soooo many things going on, but if you don't hate reading essays, the cabal is a good place to join. They have very knowledge people there, most have been in the occult for over 20 years.

Hope it helps!

Blessings.

Thanks for your reply dachong. So they're legit? If I can ask, the 40 pages of info and simple rites.......is it a PDF file, like an e-book or do they physically mail it to you?

dachong
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

You are welcome!
They will email you the pages in PDF file along with a certificate.
They are legit but has nothing to do with Satanic.

Blessings.

Eldraath is my Patron.
The God-King
new here
new here
Zodiac:

dachong wrote:You are welcome!

Blessings.
Thanks for your help dachong. Another question if you don't mind: out of the vessels and talismans you bought, did any of them work as advertised?

edsphinx
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: edsphinx
Zodiac:

God King I saw your posts around by evocationmagic.com just minutes ago and well the cabal indeed have many things that sounds awesome, and I personally think that the only way to really figure out is trying it on first hand, I don't know if you already read the post here of someone who tells a brief experience with the cabal, the thread is:

LHP Post

Is actually a post about LHP path but there is a small commentary about the cabal that someone had a physical experience and not an online one.

Dark Blessings,
edsphinx
The God-King
new here
new here
Zodiac:

edsphinx wrote:God King I saw your posts around by evocationmagic.com just minutes ago and well the cabal indeed have many things that sounds awesome, and I personally think that the only way to really figure out is trying it on first hand, I don't know if you already read the post here of someone who tells a brief experience with the cabal, the thread is:

LHP Post

Is actually a post about LHP path but there is a small commentary about the cabal that someone had a physical experience and not an online one.
Thanks for your post. I have seen that thread, it was semi helpful. As for evocationmagic, yes I am a member of that forum among another occult forum. I'm just trying to make a level headed decision here but I think you're right: due to their tight secrecy the only way to see is to dive in head first!

The God-King
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Anyone else want to chime in? Offer any help or advice? It would be greatly appreciated!

Yrk
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Have you tried calling/summoning any of their demons? If you haven't then you should do so, if they come to you then you are ready. Alternatively if you are in contact with such beings as Satan, Lucifer, etc you could ask for their council and advice on whether this is the correct path for you to take.

dachong
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

The God-King wrote:
dachong wrote:You are welcome!

Blessings.
Thanks for your help dachong. Another question if you don't mind: out of the vessels and talismans you bought, did any of them work as advertised?
There are many ways to work with their relics & talisman, and don't really have to follow the instruction. It takes time to get em' work, the result usually don't happen over night.

Eldraath is my Patron.

Return to “Black Arts”