How things started with me

scots_nomad
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced

As this is my first ever post on CH I guess I should start by saying 'Hi' to everyone :wave:

A few years ago I was working as an expat contracts manager in Vietnam for a German multi-national engineering company on a multi-billion dollar power station project, however, having become completely disillusioned and disgusted by the behaviour of my company and our client on that project in the wake of a fatal accident on the site, myself and one of my close friends decided that we would leave the construction industry behind and instead open a bar together somewhere in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) when our assignments were completed.

After completing our assignments we set about investigating the process and looking around for suitable premises (as well as taking a bit of a well earned breather!), however after spending most of the first month or so just lazing around a swimming pool and twiddling my thumbs I decided that I would use some of the spare time that I found on my hands seeing if I could write a book.

Having spent most of the previous twelve years working on various power projects throughout the world, and with the experiences of the Vietnam project fresh in my mind, I felt that I had at least a basic skeleton for a story, and I certainly had no shortage of bizarre characters around me both at work and in my personal life in Vietnam to fill a book ten times over, but the one thing that was missing was a 'big ending'.

As I idled my way along with that project - which was always supposed to be little more than a time filling hobby - I began to notice more and more 'coincidences', both in my day-to-day life and in my reflections on my past. At first I just put that down to the fact that I was thinking about 'everything' more than I ever had done before and the fact that I was paying far more attention to what was going on around me than I ever had before, but it didn't take me very long to realise that the 'coincidences' that I was noticing seemed to go WAY beyond anything that could be dismissed so easily - And I say that as a previously 'devote agnostic' with no religious faith, a healthy skepticism of all things psychic, and what most people would describe as a 'gifted' scientific/mathematical/logical brain with a high IQ!

As the days went on I noticed that rather than diminishing, as I had expected them to once I had decided to set my logical brain on the look out for an explanation for those coincidences, the coincidences seemed to get more and more frequent AND more and more bizarre and extreme. As someone who had studied ‘Probability and Statistical Significance Testing’ as part of my tertiary education I struggled more each day to find any kind of logical explanation for the events which I was experiencing almost constantly with my own eyes and my own ears.

Within weeks I had reached the stage where what had started as a curious observation began to worry me quite a bit - Could I possibly be heading down the same road John Nash (The guy played by Russell Crowe in 'A Beautiful Mind')? I wasn’t sure, but it was certainly beginning to feel that way! I longed for the strange phenomena to go away and let me get my focus back on opening the bar, but rather than going away, it continued to get escalate, crossing over from the bizarrely improbable to the downright impossible!

I couldn't begin to list the number of bizarrely improbable things that happened here, but I will give you a taste of one (of the many) impossible things that happened to me:

At that time I was preparing to pack up my belongings from my 'company provided' house, as I intended to head back to my home in Scotland for a holiday before returning to Vietnam to pursue the bar idea. One morning I was packing away the CDs from my living room (about two or three hundred or so of them), but rather than just packing them into a box as I would normally do when moving house, I had decided to take time to organise and pack them properly for once. I was taking my time and listening to music whilst deciding how best to organise that part of my CD collection - there were at least another hundred CDs around various parts of my three bedroom, three storey house, but I planned to collect them together later and fit them in to their appropriate places once I had decided how best to organise the ones from the living room.

Anyway, before starting on what I expected to be a fairly easy, relaxing and enjoyable task, I decided to make myself a cup of coffee, however I noticed that I had run out of milk, which meant that I had to nip along to my local shop to buy some more. The shop was only a hundred yards or so from my house so I was gone for only a few minutes, but when I returned I found that all of the CDs from every room of my house had been gathered together in my livingroom and laid out in a perfectly formed, stunningly geometrical pattern on my floor!

The pattern was a six armed spiral shape. The curve of each arm was identical, even though formed out of square boxes which over lapped each other, and each arm of the spiral was perfectly equidistant from its neighbours, however what was particularly striking and impressive was the fact that each arm was also colour coded - one red, one yellow, one green, one blue, one black and one white, with each of those arms looking like a single-coloured spectrum, with the darkest shaded CD covers to the centre of the spiral gradually fading out to the lighter shaded covers at the tips of the arms!

The pattern was stunning - so intricate and yet so imposing, so mathematical and yet so beautiful, so organic and yet so precisely formed! I would have been extremely proud to have been able to have created such an impressive arrangement myself, but the truth is that even if I had been artistically minded enough to have imagined such a thing in the first place I would guess that it would probably have taken me at least a week to achieve anything like that level of visual and mathematical perfection…And yet ‘something’ had been able to gather all my CDs from all over the house and lay them out so creatively and so precisely on my sitting room floor all within just a few minutes!

That event really freaked me out quite a bit! I had sort of got used to bizarre and even 'impossible' things happening around me, but this had happened IN MY HOUSE, and whatever had done it was obviously WAY more 'able' than I could even imagine! I suppose that if I believed in poltergeists or things of that nature, then that would have been my best explanation of what was happening to me, but I was still sure that this was something 'mathematical and logical', something that could be explained somehow, so I steeled myself to stick around and try to work out what the hell was going on!

The following day, with my spiral shape still intact on the floor - I wasn't going to move it until I could understand it! - I continued with my packing chores, playing some CDs in the background, having removed them from the spiral with great care and ensuring that they were returned exactly as I had found them once played, but then a CD started to jump. I took it off and played another, but after a while that one also started to jump. My first thought was, "Oh no, not my CD player too!", as one of the 'coincidences' that I had been living with for the previous few weeks had been that all kinds of electrical and electronic devices had started to selectively go haywire around me!

I chose another CD but that one started skipping too but then for some reason it crossed my mind that maybe I should actually be trying to listening to what words the CDs were playing as they skipped around, as I had noticed that the CDs weren't simply skipping across from beginning to end, but were instead jumping both forward and backward, playing a line from one song, a few words from another, a couple of words from another, and so on. I decided to let the skipping CD play and I tried to make out what, if anything, it/they/whatever was saying, however the frequent changes in tempo, volume and background noise made it impossible for me to keep up with the frequent jumps.

Frustrated at being unable to follow the words that were playing, I shouted out (to no one in particular),

"Oh for f**k sake slow down!"

Much to my complete astonishment the CD slowed down immediately! It slowed way down - far slower even than if you were to play an old 45rpm vinyl single at 33 rpm. That really freaked me out! Not only were ‘they’ in my house – whoever or whatever ‘they were - but they could apparently both hear me and understand me!

I thought for a couple of seconds, as I really didn't know what to do next, but then my frustration took over again and I shouted out,

"Look! If you want to talk then let's talk, but for f**k sake stop messing around with my head like this!".

The CD stopped playing immediately and then a voice from nowhere and from everywhere around me said in a very calm, very monotonic voice,

"OK, let's talk...But it would be easier if you would step outside into your garden."

What happened next is a very long story but to summarise it very briefly, for the next three weeks or so I had many long, open, informative, two way conversations with 'the intelligence' that had contacted me. We discussed how, why, who, and every other question that I could think of asking, and all I can say here is that I got very sensible, logical, scientific answers to every question I could think of asking, as well as many answers to questions that I would never even have thought of asking.

During those three weeks we also spent a lot of time while they taught me 'other forms of communication' that we could use when it wasn't convenient to talk so openly including methods that most people would call 'telepathy', methods involving 'signs' that I would recognise but that most others would overlook, messages sent in dreams, and a whole lot more besides.

Despite any impression you may have formed from the foregoing, I make no claim to be psychic nor to have any kind of paranormal powers or ‘special’ skills. I am just an ordinary guy whose life was changed forever by a series or extraordinary events.

'A mind once stretched will never regain its original dimensions' (Oliver Wendell Holmes)
'A collection of facts is no more science than a pile of stones is a house' (Henri Poincare)
Syri
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Rich
My magical/paranormal name...: H
Zodiac:

Mind. Blown. :insane:

How lucky you are to have had such communication with an entity.

I am forever envious...and welcome to CH. ::wave::

I look forward to hearing some specifics of these conversations- if you ever decide to type them for us. :thumbup:

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Weirdo Syri,aka "The Crazy Cat Lady" :mrgreen: Friend of all things dark

Dolce
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Mine
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hello scots nomad!

I found all that you've shared extremely fascinating and very much look forward to reading more! :thumbup:

Welcome to CH!

~ Dolce ~
ImageImageImage
AlaunarNoctis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: My friends of course
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Wow. ::jawdrop:: That's quite the story and experiences. I really liked that story and can't hide my jealously about what great lengths the entity went to communicate with you. I laughed at the entity's reply about talking, lol. ::nice:: ::goodluck:: . Oh, and, ::welcome::

I got lost in his eyes, and his ponytail.
scots_nomad
neophyte
neophyte

Thanks for the welcome and kind words Syrianna and Dolce (sorry if I havent spelled names correctly, I should have written them down before starting this reply)

Regarding being 'forever envious' of my experience I feel I should say 'be careful what you wish for' as it certainly hasn't all been plain sailing since it started. Sure it was amazing, mind blowing, enlightening and at times even hilarious (I'll explain that bit more in a minute), and on many occassions it was like being a kid again, being amazed by the world and everything about it but there were also many times when I wasn't so sure whether it was a blessing or a curse. perhaps curse is too strong a word for it but certainly a burden at times. Don't get me wrong, if I could choose to turn the clock back and have it not happen I wouldn't do it as I could never choose ignorance over knowledge but as I said before there have been many hard times along the way.

Regarding your looking forward to hearing more specifics, I have no end of stuff I could tell you about but my problem is always where to start. Right on the very first day of our chats they said that they wanted to talk to me about 'everything' - At the time I just laughed and pointed out that we couldn't possibly talk about 'everything' - At the time they disagreed with me and looking back I would have to say that they have certainly had a damn good try at proving themselves right!

I mentioned above that as well as being mind blowing, enlightening and all that stuff there was also a great deal of hilarity in our chats, so just to give me somewhere to start with 'specifics' I've decided to explain that bit. I'm going back to about halfway through our very first day chatting when they (I never know whether to call them he/she/it/or they so generally I will refer to them just as 'my friends) took me by surprise by asking:

"What language is that you are speaking John?"
"What?"

(They had a really annoying habit of repeating exactly what they had just said - but nothing more - whenever I replied to one of their questions by saying "What?". And when I say exactly, I mean with every tone exactly the same as before, just like they were rerunning a tape of themselves.)

"No! I mean, how can you ask that when I have been speaking it and you have been answering it for ages?"

(The annoying habit also applied when my response didn't actually answer the question they had asked! That was really annoying!)

"It's English! What language are you answering in?"

They completely ignored my counter-question and just continued with their line of enquiry,

"It's like English, but we know English and this is not it."
"Aww, I see what you mean! It is English, but I am speaking with a Scottish accent so it will sound different."
"No, it’s not that either. We know Scottish accents, but that is not it."
"It is! I have been living away from Scotland for a while, so my accent may have changed a bit but this is still a Scottish accent."
"Yes, we can hear the accent, but that is not it. Even when we take the accent out, it is still not English. What other language might it be? What language do you think in?"
"English! I think in English! Maybe I think in English with a Scottish accent, I don't know, but I know that it is English ‘cause that is the only language I speak."
"No, it’s not English."
"It f**king is!"

(We had previously agreed that I should not bother filtering my language to remove swear words.)

"What language did you think in as a child?"
"English!"
"Ok, let's try another way. We have read all of the books in there in your living room. Which of them is written in the language closest to the language you used as a child?"
"Ahhhh! I think I see where you’re going. Let me look ‘cause I can't remember what books are there."

I started to walk toward the window into my living room and at the same time I tried to visualise the pile of books I had by my TV. There were about maybe a dozen or so, but I didn't have to think beyond the one that was on top of the pile. I stopped walking toward the window...

"The Big Yin's book! I mean..."

I was going to clarify that ‘The Big Yin’ was Billy Connolly but I didn't get a chance to utter another sound because a voice I recognised immediately replaced the previous monotone that I had been hearing for ten minutes or so...

"Awwwwwwww Rrrrrrrrrrrri-ite Wee Man! Now wur talkin’!"
"F**king hell!"

From then on they spoke to me with Billy Connolly's voice! And I don’t just mean they spoke like him or they spoke with his accent, for the rest of that day (and indeed for the rest of our conversations) it was just like I was talking and having a laugh with Billy Connolly himself. I guess most of you wont know who Billy Connolly is but he's a comedian from Glasgow who is now based in Hollywood and does a bit of straight acting too but he happens to be my favourite comedian and also the funniest person I've ever seen - at times I laughed so much that I really did nearly wet myself! From that point onwards I have referred to it/them as either Big Yin or Big Man and they generally call me Wee Man, and even though I’m 6 feet tall it feels appropriate…

'A mind once stretched will never regain its original dimensions' (Oliver Wendell Holmes)
'A collection of facts is no more science than a pile of stones is a house' (Henri Poincare)
Aeryn K Angel
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

Wow! Talk about starting your posting with a bang! That experience is incredible and very interesting.
It is good to read something by someone who has a writing style that is highly visual. I look forward to reading many more posts from you
. :thumbup:

Oh... and welcome to the forum! ::welcome::

I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.
ranae
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
Zodiac:

I enjoyed reading your post. You seem to have led a very interesting life, with the exception of the business issues. I too am envious of the extraordinary happenings and conversations you described you have encountered. Please post more. Good luck with your bar venture.

Ranae

:wave: :peace:

moongypsy
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: dark and white
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being me
My magical/paranormal name...: moongypsy

Ha! Simply amazing...
Welcome, and I look forward to reading more of your experiences.

There is a thin line between brilliance and insanity
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

What a wonderful story!!!! :thumbup: :D

It would be interesting as to who or what they are, maybe some immortals, although I know some dragons who could also do some very interesting things as well, but this strikes me more like immortals, however it could be any mumber of spirits or entities as well!!!

However, it will be interesting to see what else they have in mind for you ;)

Welcome to the CH forum, and I look forward to hearing more of your experience!!!!

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
scots_nomad
neophyte
neophyte

starfire wrote:What a wonderful story!!!! :thumbup: :D

It would be interesting as to who or what they are, maybe some immortals, although I know some dragons who could also do some very interesting things as well, but this strikes me more like immortals, however it could be any mumber of spirits or entities as well!!!

However, it will be interesting to see what else they have in mind for you ;)

Welcome to the CH forum, and I look forward to hearing more of your experience!!!!

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:
Thanks Starfire, both for your complimentary words and for helping me to make up my mind what part of my story I should relate next - I knew from reading other posts and threads here before I registered that most people would form their own opinion on who or what it was that contacted me. The fact is that I got my explanation ‘straight from the horse’s mouth’ so to speak but I have no problems at all with anyone who prefers their own explanation. On the very first day of my chats with ‘my friends’ I asked what their name was – as you would – but all they replied was ‘We have many names’ (I think I mentioned before that they used both the singular I/me as well as using the plural we/us). When I pressed them to give me whatever name they’d prefer they insisted that I should decide on a name myself. At the time I found that a bit evasive and annoying but now I can understand why. Like ‘my friends’ I am happy for any of you to decide for yourself who or what they are and how they fit into your overall understanding of everything – I’m neither here to convince people nor change their minds, just to share how things happened to me.
Over the years since this happened I have written down many parts of my story already for a variety of reasons and there is one part in particular which I think best explains why I am happy for anyone/everyone to put their own interpretation to my experiences. What follows is an extract from my conversations on that first day which I hope you’ll find interesting (My friends and I used some ‘grown up’ language during our chats – I have ‘bleeped out’ the swear words with asterisks so I hope no one takes offense)
…At one point my friends explained that they watched ALL of ‘my people’ ALL of the time, and that they try (as far as they are able to without actually ‘blowing their cover’) to encourage good, social behavior where possible. To use their words, “Good deeds earn signs, and lies break chains. Wee good deeds earn wee signs and big good deeds earn big signs, wee lies break wee chains and big lies break big chains”. They then went on to explain that the ‘signs’ they were talking about were signs that ‘they’ actually existed and were really paying attention to what goes on down here, and the ‘chains’ that they were talking about were chains of memory.
With regard to the ‘signs’ bit of the chat, I jumped in with something like,
“So why didn’t I get many signs then?”

(Full of myself, or what? :) ),

“You didn’t get many signs???? What do you think you’ve been bombarded with for the past few weeks then?”,
“Aye OK, I saw them THEN, but if that’s what you mean then I haven’t really been ‘that good’ recently…Or what I actually mean is that I haven’t been any better during the past few weeks than I have been during the rest of my life, so why did the signs start all of a sudden?”
“Firstly Wee Man, as far as we are concerned you have been amazing during those last few weeks – Sure, you haven’t gotten any better in general terms, but then again, you haven’t gotten any worse, so in our ‘relative terms’ you have just been amazing. We could see what you were going through – Obviously we could, coz it was us that was putting you through it! – and none of us could have blamed you if you had started taking some of that out on the people around you. We certainly couldn’t have blamed you if you had decided that other people were just gonna have to look after themselves for a while coz you needed to concentrate on yourself with all that s**t going on, but you didn’t do that. Like you just said Wee Man, despite everything that was going on around you, you didn’t treat other people any better – or any worse – than you did during the rest of your life, and in a way THAT was your downfall, coz every time you blew us away by doing that you just earned yourself more and more, bigger and bigger signs. Can you get that?”
”Aye….I suppose so…No wonder it felt like I was being hit by a f**king avalanche out there!”
“Now, with regard to your earlier good deeds, you DID get signs for them. At first you got the same kind of wee signs that everyone else gets for their good deeds – nothing that was supposed to blow your mind or anything, just a kind of wee tickle here and there to let you know that we were happy with you. To some of your people a wee tickle every now and again is all they really need to keep them going through their whole life, but we noticed pretty early on that you weren’t really that interested in wee tickles, so we started saving them up for you – Like money in the bank kind of thing, coz we never forget when we owe someone a tickle! – Then every so often we would decide to give you a wee bit of the interest that you had accrued in one ‘lump sum’ – Maybe not something that was hugely valuable in financial terms, but something that was BIG in ‘sign value’. Something so weird that it just ‘had to be’ a sign…..Does that ring any bells with you?”
”Aye, I suppose so, coz some weird s**t has happened to me now and again, but how is something like that supposed to be ‘a reward’, coz all it did was confuse the s**t out of me for a while?”
”And why was that?”
”Coz I had no idea what was going on!....And then ‘nothing’ started going on again, and that just kinda made the strange stuff make even less sense than it ‘never’ did before, so to speak!”
“And why was that?”
”Coz that’s the way it was! It didn’t make sense to me! F**k, it wouldn’t have made any sense to ANYBODY!”
”Do you believe that?”
”What part of it? Wait! You don’t need to answer that coz I meant it ALL!”
“But what if you already believed that we existed?”
”How could I already have believed you existed?”
”OK, maybe ‘believed’ is not the right word, but what if you had been told that we existed or that you ‘hoped’ that we existed, or something like that?”
”Awwwww! I get it now! Are you talking about the ‘God stuff’ again?”
”Not necessarily ‘God stuff’ – Try to imagine what some other people might have been hoping for proof of – People that were maybe not quite so sceptical about everything as you.”
”Oh aye…Like ghosts of people they’d lost, or life after death….Or even aliens I suppose.”
”Exactly Wee Man! Our signs were never suppose to tell people what we are, just to let them know that there really is more to this universe than they can see everyday. Your people were always free to interpret our signs anyway they wanted to, after all, they had earned them so they became ‘their’ signs.”
“Yeah, OK. I can kind of see that. I can kind of see how stuff like that could be a comfort to some people. I can see how people like my dad could have taken that as some kind of ‘wee wink’ from God, but what about me and people like me? All you would do is confuse the s**t out of us!”
”Well firstly, your Dad was way beyond the ‘wee wink’ stage, but that’s your Dad’s business not yours, and as far as the ‘people like you’ bit is concerned, there really aren’t that many ‘people like you’ among your people – And before you accuse us of kissing your ass again maybe we should point out that we are talking about ‘real sceptical b*****ds that believe in absolutely nothing’ when we say ‘people like you’!”
“Ya cheeky b*****ds!...Or is that actually a compliment?....Mmmm…I’m not really sure either way!”
”Well you can decide on that later, but all we are saying here is that there aren’t that many ‘people like you’ down there, no matter what they may say in public most of your people already believe in something and the ones who are don’t usually earn enough good deed signs for that to ever create a big problem for us….I suppose that that is another thing we should thank you for Wee Man, coz it’s not too often that any of your people make us flex our imagination the way that you have at times.”
I thought about ‘all of that’ for a while and then sort of shrugged,
“OK. I suppose that that all kind of makes some kind of sense to me….Although the jury is still out with regard to how much of a ‘reward’ all this is! Don’t get me wrong – today has been ‘interesting’, and you really are a funny b*****d…But how screwed up is my life gonna be after all this?”…. “

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”