venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

THE LEGEND GOES IF YOU'RE BITTEN BY A VAMP, YOU'RE GOLDEN, YOU WILL BE A VAMP, YOU WILL HAVE REGENERATIVE POWERS, YOU WILL BE AT PRIME & READY TO GO. THE TRUTH IS NOT THAT CUT & DRY.

OF COURSE, THE TRUTH ABOUT VAMPIRES REALLY EXTENDS TO MANY OTHER RACES THAT CO-MINGLE WITH HUMANS & WHO PROCREATE WITH HUMANS IN HYBRIDS. BEAR THAT IN MIND WHEN READING THESE TRUTH POSTS.

SO YOU WANT TO BE BITTEN SO YOU CAN NO LONGER BE SICK, BE STRONG, BE QUICK, HAVE MAD SKILLS, & IN GENERAL, BE AWESOME.

THE TRUTH? NOT AS AWESOME.

AS WITH ANY FOREIGN SUBSTANCE THAT COMES INTO CONTACT WITH HUMAN DNA, IT'S NOT ALWAYS ACCEPTED. SOMETIMES, THE HUMAN BODY REJECTS WHAT IT'S GIVEN, AND WHILE IT DOESN'T ALWAYS END IT DEATH (THOUGH, IT CAN), IT CAN ALSO END WITH MALFORMITIES, DEVELOPMENT OF VARIOUS CONDITIONS, AND YOU CAN GIVE UP ONE WEAKNESS TO DEVELOP ANOTHER IN HYBRID FORM.

THERE'S NO ANTI-REJECTION PILLS FOR BEING BITTEN & TURNING. IF IT DOESN'T WORK, THEN YOU MIGHT BE IN STORE FOR SOME UNEXPECTED, PHYSICAL DETRIMENTS. NOT TO MENTION, FOR SOME WHO THINGS GO REALLY WRONG FOR, IT CAN MEAN LIVING WITH DISFIGURING AILMENTS UNTIL DEATH.

IT'S NOTHING NEW, IT'S SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING AS LONG AS HUMANS & NON-HUMANS HAVE BEEN PRO-CREATING. WHEN YOU TAKE SOMETHING THAT IS PURE & MAKE IT IMPURE, THERE ARE ALWAYS PROBLEMS. SOMETIMES THE PROBLEMS ARE SLIGHT. SOMETIMES THE PROBLEMS ARE MODERATE. SOMETIMES, THEY'RE FATAL.

FOR INSTANCE, BITTEN HUMANS WHO TURN ARE REFERRED TO, IN VAMP CIRCLES, AS HALFIES. HALFIES TEND TO DEVELOP TACHYCARDIA & DIAPHRAGM SPASMS. THOSE ARE COMMON DEVELOPMENTS FOR NEWLY BITTEN HALFIES. THAT'S NOT ALL THAT COULD HAPPEN, BUT RARELY DOES A TURNING BITE TURN INTO A PERFECT, HAPPILY EVER AFTER.

IMMORTALITY CAN BE GRANTED ANY RACE OF BEING, BUT ALL VAMPIRE ARE NOT IMMORTAL. LONG-LIVING, YES, IMMORTAL, NO. BEING BITTEN BY A VAMP DOES NOT ENSURE YOU WILL BE IMMORTAL, BY ANY STRETCH OF THE WORD. IN FACT, TO THOSE IN THE KNOW, THERE IS SOMETHING THAT HAPPENS TO ALL HALFIES, SOONER OR LATER.

THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER IN ANOTHER YARD, BUT IF YOU'RE HUMAN, BE PROUD TO BE HUMAN, IT'S NOT SUCH A BAD THING! HUMANS ARE EXTREMELY VERSATILE, THEY HAVE ENDURANCE & WILLPOWER, FREE WILL, INSPIRING EVOLUTION, & TRAITS NOT KNOWN TO OTHER RACES.

THE PHYSICAL ECHOS OF HUMAN & NON-HUMAN UNIONS CONTINUES TO BE REALIZED IN GENERATIONS TODAY. DORMANT GENES CAN MAKE THEMSELVES KNOWN IN LATER GENERATION & YOU SEE THESE RESONATING TELL-TALE SIGNS COMING THROUGH IN GENERATIONS ALIVE TODAY. LIKE SYNDACTYLY, DWARFISM, HYPERTRICHOSIS, COCCYX DISORDERS, HETEROCHROMIA IRIDUM, GIGANTISM, I COULD GO ON & ON............... THE LIST GETS LONG.

BOTTOM LINE, DON'T BELIEVE IN HOLLYWOOD, BELIEVE IN FACT. THAT IS WHAT ALL THE "TRUTH" POSTS ARE ABOUT. HOLLYWOOD IS GREAT, IT'S ALSO FICTION. BEFORE YOU JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON, GET YOUR FACTS, YOU DON'T WANT TO FIND YOURSELF IN A SITUATION THAT YOU WILL SERIOUSLY REGRET.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

Interesting...

Oddly, there was something a bit like this on a tv show this summer - Teen Wolf - some of the members here have probably seen it. One teen is desperately wanting to get bitten by a wolf... instead of becoming a werewolf, he has some mutation and becomes a deadly reptoid instead. He wanted to enhance his life, and ends up ruining it instead.

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator
1ncredible
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process

This post reveals much deeper secrets? maybe this is why some wear sun glasses most of the time (indoors around strangers).

However, I am merely a novice.

“One is only limited by one's imagination!!!”

“One should not dismiss anything without studying the subject profoundly!!!”
(1nfinite)
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

The fear of wanting something & it not turning out as expected is something that has echoed through Faerytales as well. There's no shortage of tales of characters wanting to be something they aren't, getting what they wished for, and having it turn sour on them. However, stepping out of the realm of Faerytales, TV, and Hollywood, the truth is quite evident in the fact that a human body rejects, often, foreign attributes, such as organs, and in the case of blood or marrow, someone has to be a match in order for it to work.

The proof is in the human evolution pudding, and there's no shortage of race-specific human ailments & diseases that are passed through generations from ancestral hybrids. As Ash said, there are unwritten truths about hybrids that are specific to each hybrid, and those are used as measurements of truths when people claim to be turned.

The reaches of Ash's posts actually extend even further. I know he is, basically, discussing being turned by bite, but even in the case of bearing a hybrid child, the mother (or host) is often not in the most comfortable state.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Very interesting, I am one who has discovered vampiric blood and I feel this explains a couple medical abnormalities in me, anemic tendency for example..and I've noticed others cite that who I would say likely have vampiric genetics.

*Raises hand* lol
I have a question...
What of this suggestion that one can turn fully sanguine through magick ritual? Is this possible? Sanguine is a complex state, can one become so through magick rather than 'the bite'? To your knowledge are these turnings legit or is it more that, if successful, an individual is merely being given a high-dose of vampiric power - a likeness.

Jeshika
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 2
Zodiac:

I second Noctifera's ritual question. Though for me, I've always been wary of that kind of achievement through a ritual. It's almost like being able to contract a disease by reading about it.

Now for my own question. Are side effects worse for unwilling or unknowing 'halfies'--like those who are somehow unaware of their circumstances?

Companion to: succubus, phoenix, fylgia, baku, unicorn, mermaids, Chinese seeker, vermilion dragon, vampire Image
Lady Elisa
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Too hard to choose!
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a secret!
Zodiac:

Wow, makes you just thankful for what you have. hmm....I never WANTED to be bitten, but I think I was by a woman in a trance state and I am experiencing Diaphragm spasms! What does this mean for me? :( Or can you not be "turned" in these modern times when vampires aren't physically among us, just the remnants found in the blood of "mutts" today? lol

Also don't know if anyone if familiar with Rh- blood, but if not it is really quite fascinating. Basically, in short, it could be the remnants of another race of beings mating with humans from long ago. Does Rh- blood have anything to do with vampires?

Sorry, I'm definitely a vampire noob :P

Syri
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Rich
My magical/paranormal name...: H
Zodiac:

Ugh,I would never want to willingly become a sang vamp. I was lucky enough to have shared with me via a dream what the craving and the hunger feels like,and it was not pleasant and wasn't easy to manage. I got to feel the sensation of what feeding felt like,and I cannot describe how amazing it was. In the dream I felt like a monster in appearance,so the deformities make sense.

I just can't imagine living every minute of my life like that. I am however extremely thankful and humbled that I was allowed to "see".

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Weirdo Syri,aka "The Crazy Cat Lady" :mrgreen: Friend of all things dark

ASH
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

What of this suggestion that one can turn fully sanguine through magick ritual? Is this possible? Sanguine is a complex state, can one become so through magick rather than 'the bite'? To your knowledge are these turnings legit or is it more that, if successful, an individual is merely being given a high-dose of vampiric power - a likeness.
YOU AREN'T REALLY TURNED INTO A VAMPIRE THROUGH MAGICK RITUAL, YOU MAY EMULATE OR TAKE ON TRAITS OF AN ENTITY, THOSE TYPES OF RITUALS EXIST FOR MANY DIFFERENT RACES & POWERS, BUT YOU AREN'T REALLY A VAMPIRE, OR AN ELF, OR A MERMAID, ETC. THE BEST VISUAL I CAN GIVE YOU IS, IT WOULD BE LIKE PUTTING ON A SUIT. YOU COULD WEAR THE SUIT, & HAVE ALL THE BENEFITS OF THE SUIT, BUT YOU'RE STILL A HUMAN UNDERNEATH. YOU AREN'T THE SUIT.

SOME CLANS & ORGANIZATIONS ARE STILL AROUND TODAY, AND THEY REQUIRE, LIKE ALL ORGANIZATIONS (PARANORMAL OR NOT) BASED ON BIRTHRIGHT, IRON-CLAD PROOF OF YOUR LINEAGE, AND YOU HAVE TO BE SPONSORED BY SOMEONE ALREADY IN THEIR COMMUNITIES WHO VOUCHES FOR YOU UP UNTIL YOU MAKE A CERTAIN LEVEL OR STATUS.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

Adelphia wrote:Interesting...

Oddly, there was something a bit like this on a tv show this summer - Teen Wolf - some of the members here have probably seen it. One teen is desperately wanting to get bitten by a wolf... instead of becoming a werewolf, he has some mutation and becomes a deadly reptoid instead. He wanted to enhance his life, and ends up ruining it instead.
I was thinking of the same show when I read that post! Love "Teen Wolf". There was also "Lydia" who seemed immune to everything.

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe

Return to “Ash”