Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote:
Ishvala wrote: Why learn from a Spirit whose life and death were cowardly when you could learn from someone who's life held more of a positive or at the very least intriging impact? Even Spirits such as Vlad the Impaler had more of a defense and that man was uh, quite the character to say the least.
Easily answered, it's because those people showed that even the meek nobodies could achieve greatness and shake the world.
Greatness is subjective.

And honestly how they effected the world is more important than them effecting the world in general. Otherwise anyone who made any form of art (a child's doodles), science discovery (someone learning how light bulbs work), etc would be showered with the same praise as someone who learned how to cure a disease or moved a culture with their art.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote: Greatness is subjective.
Exactly. For some, it's "etter to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven." (Paradise Lost)
: )

Ishvala wrote:And honestly how they effected the world is more important than them effecting the world in general. Otherwise anyone who made any form of art (a child's doodles), science discovery (someone learning how light bulbs work), etc would be showered with the same praise as someone who learned how to cure a disease or moved a culture with their art.

Well, that's more about how people assess the events in history.

"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon." - Napoleon Bonaparte
"We will go down in history either as the world's greatest statesmen or its worst villains." - Hermann Göring
"History is always written by the winners. When two cultures clash, the loser is obliterated, and the winner writes the history books-books which glorify their own cause and disparage the conquered foe. As Napoleon once said, 'What is history, but a fable agreed upon?'" - Dan Brown

If the Axis won WW2, they would be written as the savior of the world and the Allies would have been portrayed as the despicable enemy in today's history books.

And honestly, the inventors of technology are not praised that much because they lack the charisma and marketing techniques. We can see this in Edison vs Tesla and Jobs vs Wozniak.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote:
Ishvala wrote: Greatness is subjective.
Exactly. For some, it's "etter to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven." (Paradise Lost)
: )

Ishvala wrote:And honestly how they effected the world is more important than them effecting the world in general. Otherwise anyone who made any form of art (a child's doodles), science discovery (someone learning how light bulbs work), etc would be showered with the same praise as someone who learned how to cure a disease or moved a culture with their art.

Well, that's more about how people assess the events in history.

"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon." - Napoleon Bonaparte
"We will go down in history either as the world's greatest statesmen or its worst villains." - Hermann Göring
"History is always written by the winners. When two cultures clash, the loser is obliterated, and the winner writes the history books-books which glorify their own cause and disparage the conquered foe. As Napoleon once said, 'What is history, but a fable agreed upon?'" - Dan Brown

If the Axis won WW2, they would be written as the savior of the world and the Allies would have been portrayed as the despicable enemy in today's history books.

And honestly, the inventors of technology are not praised that much because they lack the charisma and marketing techniques. We can see this in Edison vs Tesla and Jobs vs Wozniak.

You always make me look at things in ways I'm adverse to see in the beginning but then welcome with twisted fascination. I think I have a love hate relationship with your logic.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote: You always make me look at things in ways I'm adverse to see in the beginning but then welcome with twisted fascination. I think I have a love hate relationship with your logic.
: P

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."

Return to “Human”