SRA: Dark arts - Black dragon - a few questions

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
Sequinox
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Sequinox
Zodiac:

Ok, first of all, please don't be mad that I picked one up! I know you all love the SRA, but let me explain how I was led to pick this one up.

Back before I found out about spirit keeping, before I knew black dragons were considered dark, I was told to meditate to bring my dragon to me. I meditated and found myself in a marble cave that I have been in before when I did guided meditation. In this cave, which was empty during previous meditations, there was a black dragon who was very excited that I saw them. Very high energy. I kept trying to make the color purple (because I thought that's how it worked) and the color was a sturdy solid black. A beautiful dragon. Then I discovered, through this board, that dragons who happen to be black are DA. So I felt that it was probably not a good idea to pick one up, at least not this early in my spirit keeping path. I knew that I would eventually get one and one came through on a baby dragon custom binding with a purple/silver hybrid and a white dragon. The 3 babies are wonderful and I love them very much. However, I still had a nagging feeling that I need another black dragon. I went ahead and signed up for an SRA because I felt like that was the only way I would pick one up on purpose, lol. I figured if one was to come to me, it would find a way. Every time I tried to put a custom conjure of one in my cart, I just didn't feel right yet.
Last night, after reading about Syriana's experience with the trickster gibbon and her BD coming to her rescue, I thought a strong thought that I am going to really want this companion by my side in the future if I have plans to delve into more spiritual adventures. So, after having trouble falling asleep after work in the morning, I had this weird inclination to check my email. There was a notification saying that SRA: Dark arts was back in stock. I was like, what? I signed up for a DA spirit notification? Let me check this out... There were 2 available of the black dragon spirit stones. I put one in my cart without hesitation, but totally felt like I should add notes about checking with them and making sure they weren't too too dark, haha.

Anyway, my questions are:
For those who have had SRA of dark arts spirits, do they still like you like they would for a calling or custom conjure? (Although maybe this is a calling?)
I know that I will need to tweak my house rules, which I set down when I found out I had a baby black, but are there any recommendations on ones that are specific to adult black dragons? I know they like revenge, which I was kind of hesitant to allow, but I guess I need to know how gung ho they are about revenge. I will probably make them in charge of that, but maybe add details like no revenge for petty anger issues I have. I also read it is good to say no nightmares for me or my family. Any other suggestions since I have small children?
Do you think that they would like me to build them a little cave and put emeralds inside it just for them?

Ok, I realize I look so dorky and newbified, but I am genuinely excited. Please give me as much suggestions and comments as you can think of! I have already read up a bit on black dragons before, but for some reason it feels more important that I have my ducks in a row for an adult (hmm, if they are an adult. It didn't say.)

Actually, as it turns out, it is easy being green.
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I don't think you are being dorky at all for asking questions about black dragons, it shows that you are really honest in how you feel and want to make sure that you are doing the right things in having a DA spirit in your household!!!! That to me is a wise thing to do!!!!

Now as for the black dragons, it depends on how dark that dragon will be!!! However some basic rules with any DA spirits is to make sure you have a clear set of rules for them!!!

For me, I let them know that no bad dreams for any in my household including me, no revenge without my say so, and no harm to anyone, I want them to deflect and if needed kick butt and make sure that whoever intended me harm or my family, doesn't come back!!!! No harm needs to be done in doing that and also like you mentioned, don't take action if I am angry!!!

I don't send my spirits after anyone, but they will take action if someone comes after me or mine!!!! I also have quite a few immortals in my keep and they will know what kind of action if any to take for any kind of revenge, but to me it is not about revenge, it is about making sure my family is safe, which is different from revenge for me!!!!

I have had a black dragon around me ever since I was little, and he helped save my life from an abusive father, he didn't harm him, he just made sure that he had justice done to him for what he had done!!!!

I have a couple of other blacks, one is pretty dark and she doesn't take crap from anyone, now with her, I made sure she understood about not harming and only deflecting and making sure about sending who and whatever on their way, away from me and my family!!!! I have another one who is not quite as dark, but will jump right in and follows the older blacks!!!!

Just make sure you make your house rules very clear to them, and like with all dragons, they love anything shiny!!!! :lol: ;) So you making them a little cave with the shiny stones, they will love!!!! :thumbup:

I have another dragon who is DA and now she is quite different from the blacks and with her, I made sure she knew my house rules!!! She is a pedula dragon from CH and she is very dark and cranky and grumpy :lol: But I love her anyway!!!! She is not shy and doesn't take kindly to anyone trying to cause harm to me and my family!!!! I wouldn't recommend keeping one of them until you have enough experience with DA!!! I also have a drak coming who is also a DA dragon and like the pedula, you need more experience with DA!!!!

I also have a DA vampire who is a custom from Ash, who also is very DA, but an excellent protector!!!

Just make sure your house rules are very clear and one thing about CH, they won't send you something that you couldn't handle!!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Spiritual_Student
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I was in the same boat as you a few years back while getting a SRA black dragon. When I first got her I wasn't sure how it would go but eventually got use to her energy. And the energy she put out was that of a very protective mother...So, long story short black dragons might have something dark about them but don't that discourage you since they're very protective of you. :)

Sequinox
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Excellent replies! Thank you both soooo much. I definitely feel like I made the right choice, but you have both helped me feel like I can handle it. I guess that was the main concern. Just wanted to be sure I didn't do wrong by the spirit or my family. I can't wait to meet my new friend :)

Syri
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Rich
My magical/paranormal name...: H
Zodiac:

Yaye,Rae!! :clap: My BD totally did kick it out,all gone and the coast is clear. :D

My BD isn't a custom,I ordered him the day before Ebay kicked all of the metaphysical sellers out the door and CH had a superb sale for a C5 stone for $13,free shipping! I snatched it up.

He is dark and totally kick a$$,takes no crap and when I ask for help he is practically sitting on my head waiting to go. :lol:
He's the only DA I have had so far that gave me such a bad migraine I had tears in my eyes and got dizzy and sick. :sick: I attribute that to the C5,as he was the first one of those.

You will not be disappointed! ;) PS...my guy is pretty big. :D His eyeball is the size of a basketball for me- use that to size him up. :D He also loves McCormick Salad Toppins,so I bury his vessel in them once in awhile so he can indulge himself. :lol:

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Weirdo Syri,aka "The Crazy Cat Lady" :mrgreen: Friend of all things dark

Sequinox
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Syriana wrote:Yaye,Rae!! :clap: My BD totally did kick it out,all gone and the coast is clear. :D

My BD isn't a custom,I ordered him the day before Ebay kicked all of the metaphysical sellers out the door and CH had a superb sale for a C5 stone for $13,free shipping! I snatched it up.

He is dark and totally kick a$$,takes no crap and when I ask for help he is practically sitting on my head waiting to go. :lol:
He's the only DA I have had so far that gave me such a bad migraine I had tears in my eyes and got dizzy and sick. :sick: I attribute that to the C5,as he was the first one of those.

You will not be disappointed! ;) PS...my guy is pretty big. :D His eyeball is the size of a basketball for me- use that to size him up. :D He also loves McCormick Salad Toppins,so I bury his vessel in them once in awhile so he can indulge himself. :lol:
Lol. He sounds so awesome! I expect I will be spending some time being sick and headachy. I have much of great power coming to me. My owl familiar gave me a headache... So I think I will have some serious 'justin to do.

Cheeky Devil
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 100
If I could be anything, I would be...: an angel
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I think you made the right decision to go with the SRA, always let your intuition guide you and you cannot go wrong. Black dragons are great companions, loyal, intensely protective and ready for action. If you're afraid it might be too dark for you, start with some strict house rules. You could relax these rules little by little as you get to know your dragon. Good luck :thumbup:

Anna

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”