NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

Snakat wrote:This is a interesting reading and this is not something is talked about much, in special about how control is something completely necessary. There's a too much glamour going on about becoming something else. I would be interested in reading about other beings too, do you know any what feed from water energy? And that can mix of people of course.
I know that Greek Gods have been known to turn people into nymphs... and there are several kinds of faery that feed on and protect water energies - whether they are benevolent or malevolent towards people, and whether a human can become this type of faery seems to vary with the culture and the legend.

In other words... I don't really know. lol

Brightest blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

Selqetkitty wrote:
Snakat wrote: I know that Greek Gods have been known to turn people into nymphs... and there are several kinds of faery that feed on and protect water energies - whether they are benevolent or malevolent towards people, and whether a human can become this type of faery seems to vary with the culture and the legend.

In other words... I don't really know. lol

Brightest blessings...
Selqet
No worry lol This is really something hard to find out but this is useful, nymphs didn't even crossed my mind. I was also thinking in the lines of faery, time to plot something and find out lol

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I just want to be clear here.

I don't think vampires are bad. I don't thing hybrids are bad. I don't think Turning is necessarily a bad thing or a good thing... I DO think that Turning is something that shouldn't be done lightly, that it requires serious consideration, and shouldn't be romanticized, but should be looked at practically, and ethically.

I wrote these posts, not to denigrate hybrids or purebloods, spirits, entities, born or Turned, but to INFORM those considering Turning of the shortcomings and the ethical issues - to remove the glamour of romanticism that Hollywood and the written word has cast over the issue, and discuss the TRUTH of the matter - which is that you will STILL not be a vampire. You will be a turned hybrid - which isn't in and of itself a bad, or a good, thing... but by virtue of being turned, you will still be mostly human - and there are human considerations, human ethics, that apply. Your life will not be magickally made perfect, all problems white-washed away. Nothing will REALLY change except some aspects of your personality, some of the ways you affect other humans and animals, and you will add other problems to your list of basic issues that you have to deal with daily - rather than removing any.

Turning is something that I see a lot of people considering, but they think of it from such a rosy dream-world perspective. They don't realize that it's a permanent decision that doesn't FIX any of the reasons they're not wanting to be human anymore but instead adds its own complex complications to the list.

It is a conundrum that should be considered if you're thinking about being turned, magickally, spiritually, astrally, or (if you find a physical one) physically. This... "awww, I wanna be a vampire, too, it's SOOOOO cool!" bs is... a serious problem that should be addressed. People deserve their romances, but at some point you have to put your foot down and say, :realitycheck: "Umm, that's not quite what the real world is like."

Vampires are great. They're wonderful people, for the most part - though just like humans and hybrids, there's always bad apples in every bunch. Love them all you want - I love several. Just... understand that you're in a human suit and you can't wish away your problems by delving into their blooded mysteries and pestering them to Turn you.

Brightest blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
sylph
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner

So Selqet, you mentioned this thing about the aura/energy changing.

What exactly is the difference between each race's aura? I'm not asking what each race's aura 'looks' like, per se. But basically, since everyone's aura is of the same essence (energy); then do you mean that a metamorphosis/evolution/transformation will change WHERE the energy is mostly focused in one's aura?

Even then, all humans have different auras, because a person that is not fully 'enlightened' will not have energy evenly 'dispersed' throughout their chakras. So let's say someone has a blockage in the root chakra, and cannot really absorb much energy through that chakra. They will differ from someone who MAINLY absorbs energy through the root chakra.

I may be going a little off-topic here, but I find this feeding thing very interesting & wish to know more about it.

artemisrose
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: incubi
If I could be anything, I would be...: succubi
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: artemisrose
Zodiac:

Thank you Kitty..I appreciate everything you have said here...and must say this...I have found a woman who does VooDoo on the net who...for a small price will turn someone into a Vampire infact I have found a few people who will do it :( ..while I will not reveal her name I will say this.The woman doesnt give really info on what type of vampire you will be turned into or info on that vampire..Ive been researching on what type and the side effects of this transformation out of curiosity...Do I want to turn into a vampire you ask...NO I dont...but I do wish if people are gonna do spells like those..they offered more info because it is life altering.

To have one foot on the edge of insanity..is to believe in the unbelievable...Proud keeper of 30 spirits Has Dwarves, Moutain Elves and Immortal in my blood!
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

detaicamevamp wrote:So Selqet, you mentioned this thing about the aura/energy changing.

What exactly is the difference between each race's aura? I'm not asking what each race's aura 'looks' like, per se. But basically, since everyone's aura is of the same essence (energy); then do you mean that a metamorphosis/evolution/transformation will change WHERE the energy is mostly focused in one's aura?

Even then, all humans have different auras, because a person that is not fully 'enlightened' will not have energy evenly 'dispersed' throughout their chakras. So let's say someone has a blockage in the root chakra, and cannot really absorb much energy through that chakra. They will differ from someone who MAINLY absorbs energy through the root chakra.

I may be going a little off-topic here, but I find this feeding thing very interesting & wish to know more about it.
I'm not using the word aura in the traditional sense of the energy envelope produced by your chakras. I'm talking more of the energy EFFECTS on both you, as a Turned, and on others. You know how people talk about movie stars having a really charismatic aura to them, or they talk about certain people having an aura of mystery about them? That's the manner in which I'm using this word, here.

To be turned means that your energy is changed, and thus your affects on energies around you are also altered. That's all. Honestly, though, you've got me thinking. I've not compared my energetic signature, my psychic aura which is produced by my chakras, or even the energies my chakras produce pre and post Turning. I'll have to get back to you on that... to go so far back in my timeline and revisit myself as what I used to be before Desire's tricks will take some time - comparing the energetic structural differences is easy, but the reach backwards is a challenge. Thanks for suggesting it... it's now on my list of things to do.

Hope that clears it up.
Bright blessings...
Selqet

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Lady Jay wrote:Selqet, I apologise, I think I may have been misunderstanding you?

When we talk of "turning":

I think it comes down to what YOU define to be a Vampire.
If your definition, is an "auric manipulation" so the person becomes a Vampire.. I guess.. "spiritually"? (I don't know what you'd call this? ... A "Spiritual Vampire"? <-- how funny does that sound? My own Vampires are sniggering.. lol!) Then that's different, and THEN I can understand a possible "magickal method" of doing this...

MY definition of a Vampire, is BLOODLINE, and nothing else.

So, if this is the case, here is where we differ?

Then this is all a matter of opinion and, I shall bow out respectfully and leave you to yours while having mine in respect :)
Since I've yet to meet a physical vampire who wasn't either a born hybrid who's ancestors either interbred with humans or turned one a VERY long time ago, or a turned hybrid (and the Turned hybrids were turned by metaphysical, NONphysical means - that is, astrally, or spiritually, or both) yes, I would have to say this is where we differ.

If you are discussing physical vampires turning physical humans into physical vampires... I'm with you on that one... it's impossible ::rofl:: ... but then, as I've said repeatedly, if you manage to convince your living entity vampire to turn you energetically, on the astral or spiritual planes, while it is going to have an energetic, and therefore somewhat psychological and possibly eventually physical effect, you will never be a TRUE vampire... you will only be a hybrid - and not even a genetic one at that. It's not the same thing. You'll have some traits. You'll have the hunger. You won't actually be a vampire in any sense of the word.

The Ubi are kind to call me Ubi. And on the astral, I fit the bill. Here, I have a few of the same energetic effects that Ubi are traditionally known to have. That doesn't change the fact that I'm still in a human suit, with the VAST majority of my DNA being purely human, and only a bit of fae blood thrown in for spice, waybackwhen.

Anyone who thinks that they're going to meet Lestat and be Louis tomorrow is... delusional at best. Either way... considering all the human troubles and struggles they continued to go through, even if Lestat were real (he's not), it's hardly worth the trouble.

:hug:

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Lady Jay wrote:LOL... then we're on the same page! I think I just went round in circles LOL ::facepalm::

Please continue lady :hug:
Actually, I have to thank you for asking for clarification. It helped what I was saying to make more sense, and helped to make the entire thread much more educational and less misleading. You helped me explain, by asking your questions, that physical transformation at the genetic level is an idealized but irrational notion, and that only energetic alterations on other bodily layers are possible - which, while they MIGHT have affects here, doesn't change the reality of what you are HERE to begin with.

Without your questions to force me to speak more clearly... others reading the thread might have had the same confusion but not asked, and therefore they would not know.

We make a good team... I'm not always clear when I try to express large, complicated concepts - you helped me strip it down to brass tacks and make it impossible to misunderstand.

Thank you very much for speaking up and helping me to clarify my message. It's VERY much appreciated. We should do more of this. :) :hug: :hug:

Brightest blessings...
Selqet

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Lady Jay wrote:SELQET - I do respect you and have found your experiences HIGHLY educating :hug:

It is just when it comes to Vampires.. there are both personal reasons, and the obvious.. passion.. I have for the work I do with them... that makes me strong in voicing my understanding and what I personally have come to know.

I definitely appreciate your work with purebloods. Having not actually worked with either living entity purebloods or spirit purebloods, I cannot, of course, speak much for them. However, having known many genetic hybrids and a few Turned vampires, I CAN speak to the effects that vampirism has on human psychology and the ethics surrounding the decision to be turned...

As we are not discussing pure vampires (spiritual, living entity, or physical, sanguine or psychic, or even the Ubi) at all, but merely either hybridization by birth or by Turning, I completely accept that I don't know everything, but only what I personally have experienced and seen in those who are hybrids like myself, genetic or Turned.

Again... you have every right to your passion for the many species you work with... they've earned your devotion, and they're good people... often far better than we. I don't blame you for being... a bit defensive, when you think that I'm maligning an entire species without, as far as you know, any basis for that attitude. It was a misunderstanding. I'm glad we've cleared that up. :)

Anyway... I would actually really love for you to post what you know of the vampires you personally work with, spirit and living entities if you keep those - I think a frank discussion of the various species (while keeping to the original topic of the thread, which is that humans can't become pureblood vampires, and anyone who's thinking of attempting to be Turned should consider the ethics and the problems that arise from such a permanent decision prior to doing so, as a responsible choice, rather than an impulse based on romanticism and self-hate) which now exist astrally and spiritually would be a good idea, and add much richness to the thread.

However, I think discussing physical, pureblood vampires might be a little out of scope... again there's the problem of hybridization, but also there's the whole issue of, if they DO still exist... how do you find one, and convince it to make you like them, if only in part? That's best left to Ash, who really does know more about physical vampires than we simple humble spirit keepers are ever likely to discover.

Brightest blessings...
Selqet

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Lady Jay wrote:I am glad to learn more about this "energetic turning" from you, it is interesting, what yoú have shared so far!
Honestly, beyond what happened to me, I don't have much to say. There was a blood exchange, and an exchange of... essence - a link was forged by blood and by power - and I went to sleep and awoke with a hunger, and random strangers in the physical world were suddenly hounding me, "feeling SO connected," it was just... weird and scary... in a stalker-not-fun kind of way. He went into torpor, and came out with faery wings just like mine, though the rest of him looked exactly the same... it does suggest that the Turning works both ways. Or at least, it did for us. He even gained the ability to create small glamouries. All of this occurred astrally, but as you see... it HAS had some interesting physical effects, at least on the energetic and psychological levels - even if my basic shell genetics haven't been altered at all.

But... that was he and I. And he was Ubi, not a sanguine or psychic vampire. I do know that vampiric hybrids are Turned in the same way... an energetic and a biological exchange (usually blood, as with Desire and I), but with Desire, barely a teaspoon of blood was involved, and again, he is an astral entity, and I was on the astral at the time the blood exchange took place. I don't know the amount of blood required to turn a human by a vampire not physically present in this realm.

Since I'm not a vampire, though I have spoken with many hybrids, born and turned, they've all been mules, unable to Turn others. The one sang I know tried it physically, and nothing happened. I've never met a psy that even considered it.

Truly, if you want that kind of information, I think you have to go directly to the source for it. Ubi may be cousins of both species of vampires, but... they tend to disavow that we all come from the same root and are merely twigs on the same branch. It was so long ago... the genealogy is rather... twisted, complex. There's actually a proto-species that came before the three of us that IS the root... but they're very, very rare, very private, almost extinct, and when I considered adding their species to the discussion, I was... very clearly warned not to mention them, by several rather irate sangs who were not above making sure I knew my place. lol

I took their advice, and only dealt with the three cousins, not the original progenitor of the species' and not the proto-form. I also left out second cousins, like hags, and other species that are like feeders, such as wraiths, demons, angels, and can change humans, but aren't connected as far as I can tell genetically, to the vampiric family tree.

I can remind everyone of the ancient adage - "As Above, So Below" - that which happens on the spiritual plane or the astral plane DOES slowly sift down into the physical plane to have an energetic effect here... just as what happens here slowly sifts upwards to create changes there. We've all done enough research, just on this board alone, to know that gods change over time, and whether they merely shift with the times, or we shift them with our faith doesn't matter... the web is so interwoven that whatever happens anywhere, affects everywhere. It is the web of Wyrd.

If you change your essence on the astral or spiritual planes... sooner or later... it will change you here. It's just not as dramatic... and unless you really, really know what you're doing... it usually doesn't work out right. Humans are meant to be human, not hybrids, not vampires, not ubi... human. And no, I'm not being specieist... I'm simply stating that psychologically speaking, we are seldom ready for the ride, and we only notice that we're not belted in when we reach the top of the drop off. By that time, saying oops, I want to get off now is... a bit of an impossibility.

Bright blessings...
Selqet

Return to “EXPLANATIONS”