The Voynich Manuscript

Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

I don't know how I missed this fascinating thread until now; I came across a documentary on the manuscript worth checking out http://www.newyorkfestivals.com/winners ... 3203&pid=1

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

The Voynich Mss. is a mess. It is so encrypted that parts of the encryptian are lost/missing...and meaningless touches are added as disguise....We are talking her about Alchemy which I began to study in 1967...and have continued...the layered meanings are difficult but can be managed....Here are 2 books that I have published that will help anyone who goes on this quest:

http://www.amuncine.com/media/product/a ... -language/

http://www.amuncine.com/media/product/t ... hic-monad/

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
shunrick
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

from many years until now they cant read and they just try to think the content by the pictures.. i download one of its documentary clip in youtube.. seems like a magic book coz its pictures contains, herbs and other stuffs like astrology and stars too.

Life is a travel where wisdom and knowledge is your guide. The bonds you make are the pitstop but your destination is the afterlife.
moonstone
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Fawn Moonstone Clover
Zodiac:

A tasty little update:

http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/0 ... ssage?lite

By Rossella Lorenzi
Discovery News

The Voynich Manuscript, an enigmatic book that has frustrated codebreakers and linguists for a century, contains a genuine message, according to a new computer analysis.

The study analyzed the unintelligible scripts that fill the about 250-page-long manuscript and extracted clusters of “keywords” which could serve as a good starting point in cryptographic attempts.

Described as “the world’s most mysterious manuscript,” the book takes its name from the rare-book dealer Wilfrid Voynich, who discovered it in 1912 in the Villa Mondragone near Rome. He claimed the book had belonged to the 16th-century Habsburg emperor Rudolf II.

Radio carbon dating established the manuscript was penned on 15th-century parchment pages.

The book’s estimated 250,000 characters are totally alien and make “The Da Vinci Code” pale by comparison: arranged in groups like words and sentences, some resemble Latin letters and Roman numerals; others are unlike any known language.

Moreover, the puzzling handwriting is surrounded by intricately drawn illustrations: plants that can’t be identified, astrological symbols, elaborate networks of pipework and naked ladies dancing or bathing in a strange green liquid.

Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Yale University

A portion of the mysterious Voynich Manuscript, which, according to a new computer analysis, carries a real message.

Modern scholars have thematically divided the manuscript into five sections: Herbal, Astrological, Biological, Pharmacological and Recipes.

“In spite of its unmistakable medieval-codex look, the origin, purpose and contents of the Voynich manuscript remain a deep mystery,” Marcelo Montemurro, a theoretical physicist from the University of Manchester, UK, and Damian Zanette, of the Statistical Physics Group at Centro Atómico Bariloche, Río Negro, Argentina, wrote in the journal Plos One.

NEWS: Mysterious Manuscript’s Age Determined

“Since the seventeenth century, numerous attempts at deciphering the script have led to a few claims of success, but none of them has been convincing,” he added.

Speculations ranged from the manuscript being the secret work of a religious sect, the only remaining document from a forgotten language, an unbreakable secret code, and the recipe for the “elixir of life.”

Montemurro used a computerized statistical method to analyze the text at a large scale. Focusing on patterns of how the words were arranged, the study extracted “clusters” of cryptic words such as shedy, cthy, chor, qotedy and qokeey.

“The identification of these words is crucial for our analysis,” Montemurro told Discovery News.

PHOTOS: Can You Crack The Pigeon’s Code?

The key idea behind the extraction of the keywords relies on the non-homogeneous use of content-bearing words in any text, with certain words being used with a higher-than-average frequency when a specific topic is discussed.

“At the statistical level this means that these words that define the topics in the text end up being used in a sort of clustered pattern. On the contrary, words that are not related to any specific topic, like for instance function words like ‘or’, ‘and’, ‘an’, have a much more uniform rate of use,” Montemurro said.

According to the researcher, if the words in the Voynich text are real encoded words, then this method could provide clues on which are the keywords that are more related to the book’s topics.

He noted that the manuscript presents a complex organization in the distribution of words that is compatible with those found in real language sequences.

ANALYSIS: Cat Paw Prints Found on 15th-Century Manuscript

The analysis also unveiled a relationship between the sections of the text that is consistent with similarities between the images.

“For instance, at the level of language, the Herbal and Pharmaceutical sections of the text are the most closely linked. Interestingly, these two sections are the ones sharing the lavish plant illustrations of the book,” Montemurro said.

Several experts dismissed the manuscript as a deliberate hoax, possibly forged by John Dee, an English mathematician and astrologer at Rudolph’s court.

In 2003 computer scientist Gordon Rugg demonstrated that text resembling that in the book could be generated with a Cardan grille, an encryption device invented around 1550.

Advertise | AdChoices

ANALYSIS: Oldest European Medieval Cookbook Found

But according to Montemurro none of the proposed hoaxing methods has so far reproduced all the level of statistical structure of the Voynich text.

“The grille and table method proposed by Gordon Rugg as the one used to produce the hoax was introduced around 1550. However, carbon dating of the Voynich manuscript’s vellum indicates a date between 1404 and 1438,” said Montemurro.

“This fact seriously weakens even further the hoax hypothesis since it would imply that the expensive complete vellum was kept unused for more than a century, until the grille and table hoaxing method became available,” he concluded.

Moonstone

In western lands beneath the Sun the flowers may rise in Spring, the trees may bud, the waters run, the merry finches sing. Or there maybe 'tis cloudless night and swaying beeches bear the Elven-stars as jewels white amid their branching hair. Though here at journey's end I lie in darkness buried deep, beyond all towers strong and high, beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun and Stars for ever dwell: I will not say the day is done nor bid the stars farewell. ROTK
jellybean
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 150
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Rainbow Walker
Zodiac:

There has been an interesting development about this in the last couple of days. Some words have been translated by a Professor in Applied Linguistics at the University of Bedfordshire & he has this to share:   

http://www.medievalists.net/2014/02/20/ ... lar-finds/

~ Jane

:pirate2: :pirate2: PROUD TO BE A PIRATE :pirate2: :pirate2:
Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

Bump for interested parties

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Irrational
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Thank you for bumping this. I had not run across this topic and it is very interesting.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

The following is being done right now, but it is complicated and will be posted as its own blog.

What is this? A complete "going -thru" and explaining of the Voynich manuscript. There has been tons of information just siting in space, waiting to be used. Its a lot of information and it requires to real use of imagination and analysis.....

I have located about a total of information filed under an entirely different topic, maybe a pile of papers about 4 inches thick. This info has never been publicly used....So in no more than 90 days, you will be able to look at it yourself........C

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Why have I not seen this before?

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
lori67k
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 3000
Spelled Number: 350
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons, Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Soul Whisperer
Zodiac:

Fire083, thanks for posting this...

This is my first time coming to this particular posting and I know very little about the Voynich Manuscript but the debates of this manuscript is quite revealing in and of itself, :)

What intrigues me the most about your post with the attachment is your friend's translation of this through is past life persona is quite telling if it is a true translation and so I wonder if anyone else who has read this attached translation sees what I see?

In a word: Poetry!

I am a published poet and what I see here is not hidden messages to be translated for a profound meaning of life, etc, but a poet inscribing in a language all its own...

Which in itself can be a whole new mystery on its own.

Anyway, thank you all for sharing :)

Namaste~

Whenever we try to live up to other's expectations and perceptions of how they think we should be, look like, act like, become... we are only setting ourselves up to fail miserably! In the end, no one is happy. Please yourself first, love yourself most, seek out only those things that make 'you' feel good, those things that lend you many moments of peace; live your truth and be who you are. Only you are the true source of your own happiness. Make it happen 1ht

Return to “Unsolved Mysteries”