TROUBLE SHOOTING ANY ERROR MESSAGES - Please Contribute!

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

If you have experienced any error messages on the Marketplace, Forum, Shop, or Encyclopedia, please respond to this thread and let us know exactly what you were doing when you experienced the error!

Our hosting company recently updated the software on their server service, and because of that site-wide timing out issues have been experienced. We are trying to help the software developers by letting them know what users were trying to do when they experienced the error!

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Also, in addition to what you were doing when you received the error, how often you are receiving the error! Is it every time? Sometimes? Does the error come up right away? Or, does it take awhile?

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Syri
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Rich
My magical/paranormal name...: H
Zodiac:

When sending messages in the MP,it says error- message cannot be sent and I hit the back button on my browser,and discover the messages DO go through.

Lots and lots of auctions being displayed that have been closed for a week or more- they clearly say CLOSED in bright red letters-pages of them. Basically,every time I try to do anything in the MP that requires clicking here or there to do such and such,I get the error screen. ANY clicking on ANYTHING is 'error'!

It's pretty instant when I get the error,seconds after clicking whatever.
Last edited by Syri on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Weirdo Syri,aka "The Crazy Cat Lady" :mrgreen: Friend of all things dark

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Magnolia I have had the problem of when I was on the market place and sending messages concerning a couple of orders that I had ordered.

I would send my message, then an error would come up saying the sever did not send it, however when I would hit that back button, the message had been sent!!!

I hope this helps!!!!

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
sylph
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner

Syriana wrote:When sending messages in the MP,it says error- message cannot be sent and I hit the back button on my browser,and discover the messages DO go through.

Lots and lots of auctions being displayed that have been closed for a week or more- the clearly say CLOSED in bright red letters-pages of them. Basically,every time I try to do anything in the MP that requires clicking here or there to do such and such,I get the error screen. ANY clicking on ANYTHING is 'error'!

I second this, I've been having the same exact experience.

I've also had some error messages show up in the CH store, when trying to get to certain pages (like the New Arrivals page). This doesn't happen all the time though, only sometimes. And then I will just try to get to the page again, and it will work.

Sequinox
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Sequinox
Zodiac:

In the marketplace, when sending a private message, there is a grey screen and the error " Site temporarily unavailable." With a white box
"Connection timed out - please try again."
However, even though this error is given, the message still appears to go through, which results in multiple messages :)

When purchasing an item, that same error appears, and in addition, when you have already paid, it does not show your payment as being made.
The seller has to change it manually.
I have been receiving notifications of successful transactions (in my email) from the marketplace.

In the forum, I have not had any error messages, but I have completely stopped receiving email notifications, even when subscribed specifically.
In the shop, I have only seen delayed notifications. It has not stopped completely.

Actually, as it turns out, it is easy being green.
-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

dominique wrote:
Syriana wrote:When sending messages in the MP,it says error- message cannot be sent and I hit the back button on my browser,and discover the messages DO go through.

Lots and lots of auctions being displayed that have been closed for a week or more- the clearly say CLOSED in bright red letters-pages of them. Basically,every time I try to do anything in the MP that requires clicking here or there to do such and such,I get the error screen. ANY clicking on ANYTHING is 'error'!

I second this, I've been having the same exact experience.

I've also had some error messages show up in the CH store, when trying to get to certain pages (like the New Arrivals page). This doesn't happen all the time though, only sometimes. And then I will just try to get to the page again, and it will work.
Yep, these are the problems I experienced as well!

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Lots and lots of auctions being displayed that have been closed for a week or more- they clearly say CLOSED in bright red letters-pages of them. Basically,every time I try to do anything in the MP that requires clicking here or there to do such and such,I get the error screen. ANY clicking on ANYTHING is 'error'!

Yes I have experienced that as well, as I was bidding on an item, and I never did know if I won it or not, because then it said it was closed, but nothing said about who won the auction, and then later on the auction was gone!!!!

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Syri
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Rich
My magical/paranormal name...: H
Zodiac:

starfire wrote:

Yes I have experienced that as well, as I was bidding on an item, and I never did know if I won it or not, because then it said it was closed, but nothing said about who won the auction, and then later on the auction was gone!!!!

I actually saw ONE entity in the MP that I was absolutely drooling over,ready to do my thing and when I went to buy her- someone already DID and the auction was still "live". ::bleh:: ::bleh:: ::bleh::

**Now that I saw Rae mention it,two days ago on the forum here I was trying to post,and kept getting an error message saying that CH was temporarily unavailable and I would close my browser,reopen it and go back and STILL be denied. Went on for about a half hour or so. ::facepalm::

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Weirdo Syri,aka "The Crazy Cat Lady" :mrgreen: Friend of all things dark

Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

I just noticed that the time on the forum is still an hour ahead, my last visit time stamp is incorrect and the new posts go further back past my last visit.

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe

Return to “Messages & Updates”