You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

-arianna- wrote:
Yorick wrote:Would it be a more reasonable idea to learn how to remove problems altogether, rather than transferring them to yourself?
I second that, why would you want to transfer someone else's pain onto yourself instead of removing it? Wouldn't it be more sensible-if you were to transfer the pain somewhere else- to transfer it to the earth or some other extremely big system that can deal with it and neutralize it?
Yes the Earth is something that has been used to transfer pain into and neutralize it, I have done that many times myself and didn't think of it until I saw your post arianna!!!!!! Also you can use the power of water to help soothe the pain away as well, another big system to work with!!!! ;)

Actually I was taught that we don't take other's pain inside of you for it is not your's to begin with, you can take it them you let it go into the Earth or let the water wash it away!!!!

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

starfire wrote: Yes the Earth is something that has been used to transfer pain into and neutralize it, I have done that many times myself and didn't think of it until I saw your post arianna!!!!!!
That's funny cause I actually thought about it when reading your dragon healing post!
starfire wrote: Actually I was taught that we don't take other's pain inside of you for it is not your's to begin with, you can take it them you let it go into the Earth or let the water wash it away!!!!
It took me some years to find ways to not accidentally transfer the pain onto me when healing. It was easier not to take the other's pain when it was someone I didn't know that well but when healing by boyfriend I kept transferring his pain to me. It got so bad that the pain was transferred to me even when I wasn't actively healing him (eh. I would develop a health problem and a day or two later I'd find out that he had developed the same problem hours before I did and then it had miraculously about the same time it started occurring on my body). Still, I tried to use reiki to heal a friend's headache about a month ago and the moment I touched her I instantly felt so nauseous that I stopped. I haven't figured out why this happened though.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Yrk
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

starfire wrote:Actually I was taught that we don't take other's pain inside of you for it is not your's to begin with
Exactly.

It's certainly possible, just unnecessary.

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

-arianna- wrote:
starfire wrote: Yes the Earth is something that has been used to transfer pain into and neutralize it, I have done that many times myself and didn't think of it until I saw your post arianna!!!!!!
That's funny cause I actually thought about it when reading your dragon healing post!
starfire wrote: Actually I was taught that we don't take other's pain inside of you for it is not your's to begin with, you can take it them you let it go into the Earth or let the water wash it away!!!!
It took me some years to find ways to not accidentally transfer the pain onto me when healing. It was easier not to take the other's pain when it was someone I didn't know that well but when healing by boyfriend I kept transferring his pain to me. It got so bad that the pain was transferred to me even when I wasn't actively healing him (eh. I would develop a health problem and a day or two later I'd find out that he had developed the same problem hours before I did and then it had miraculously about the same time it started occurring on my body). Still, I tried to use reiki to heal a friend's headache about a month ago and the moment I touched her I instantly felt so nauseous that I stopped. I haven't figured out why this happened though.
Arianna, what you can do the next time you use reiki and feel that other person's pain is to let it pass through you, you will not being holding it inside of you and you will be just letting it pass through. Make sure before you do any kind of healing that you are grounded and centered before you start, it will help!!!! Even though you will feel the pain, just let it pass through you and go into the ground, which it will do more easily if you are grounded first!!!

Also after you are done with the healing, no matter if it is in person or distant, take your right hand and start at the back of your head and bring it over the top of your head, down to your chest and then straight out in front of you and in a pushing motion, like you are pushing something away from you and that will break the connection with the person you did the healing on!!!!

If need be and you feel like you need to, ground and center yourself again. and let whatever you feel go into the Earth!!!!

I hope this will help you next time!!!!! ;)

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Thanks a lot starfire, I'll definitely try that!

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

-arianna- wrote:Thanks a lot starfire, I'll definitely try that!
You are welcome!!! ;)

I learned it from one of my mentors who is very wise and has been doing reiki for a very longtime!!!! In fact this can also be used whenever you connect to anyone whether it is for healing or just connecting in a energy sense, can save you from feeling things that you may not want to feel or not ready to feel ;)

ASH
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

I'M GOING TO NEED MORE INFORMATION. WHAT KIND OF PAIN? SPECIFICALLY.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

ash-mda wrote:I'M GOING TO NEED MORE INFORMATION. WHAT KIND OF PAIN? SPECIFICALLY.
Ash this can be used for physical pain, like headaches, stomach pain, even with broken bones, whatever is going on at the time!!!! Whenever I have a migraine I use reiki for that along with my meds, when my oldest daughter hurt her shoulder, I used it for that and it did stop her pain!!! When I broke my ankle I used it to help with the pain!!!

Reiki can also be used in helping with emotional and mental pain, but like with anything, this is used along with whatever the doctor says, it is not ment to take the place of getting help from a person's own doctor!!!! That is why I always tell people to make sure they see their doctor!!!! ;)

I hope I made it clear enough as to what reiki can be used for!!!!

Lycan
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels, Gargoyles
If I could be anything, I would be...: sleeping
My magical/paranormal name...: Papa goodnight
Zodiac:

Yorick wrote:Would it be a more reasonable idea to learn how to remove problems altogether, rather than transferring them to yourself?
that was one of the things that I thought about. However, removing the problem was not on my mind. Taking someones pain was. I know it sounds weird, to seek out something that would harm me, but it is something that I am drawn to right now.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man;
true nobility is being superior to your former self ~Ernest Hemingway~

ImageImage
Lycan
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels, Gargoyles
If I could be anything, I would be...: sleeping
My magical/paranormal name...: Papa goodnight
Zodiac:

popbella wrote:What kind of pain are you looking to transfer?

Like physical pain that one would feel if they were ill or got hurt...or mental pain and suffering like say when you see your child going through some sort of anguish. I remember as a kid my mother always telling me that she wished she could take my pain from me to deal with it on my behalf. Now that I am a mother, I often find myself saying that to my child.

Its a good question...but Yorick also brings up a good point by finding a spell to bypass the transfer and eliminate it altogether.
Physical and/or emotional

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man;
true nobility is being superior to your former self ~Ernest Hemingway~

ImageImage

Return to “Dark Arts”