Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels, Gargoyles
If I could be anything, I would be...: sleeping
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Papa goodnight
Zodiac:

This thought has crossed my mind a lot. I thought about it, and thought about it. does anyone know which spiritual culture works with pain transferring ::Anyone:: ?

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man;
true nobility is being superior to your former self ~Ernest Hemingway~

ImageImage
Yrk
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Would it be a more reasonable idea to learn how to remove problems altogether, rather than transferring them to yourself?

popbella
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

What kind of pain are you looking to transfer?

Like physical pain that one would feel if they were ill or got hurt...or mental pain and suffering like say when you see your child going through some sort of anguish. I remember as a kid my mother always telling me that she wished she could take my pain from me to deal with it on my behalf. Now that I am a mother, I often find myself saying that to my child.

Its a good question...but Yorick also brings up a good point by finding a spell to bypass the transfer and eliminate it altogether.

*´♥¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.*♥ ~Popbella~ ♥ *´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.♥*´¨♥*´¨
AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

why would one seek such things? healers can often unintentionally get sick just from helping others and what they are exposed to. taking on the suffering of others can only serve to weaken your own defenses and ability to protect the ones you love in the future.... just two cents..

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
popbella
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
Zodiac:

I can totally see the point. I may be wrong, but I think it all boils down to love. Love for the person suffering that you would much rather take their burden of pain and deal with it for them rather then watch helplessly as they suffer. I would do that in a heartbeat for anyone I love. I'm sure most people would.

*´♥¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.*♥ ~Popbella~ ♥ *´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.♥*´¨♥*´¨
AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

popbella wrote:I can totally see the point. I may be wrong, but I think it all boils down to love. Love for the person suffering that you would much rather take their burden of pain and deal with it for them rather then watch helplessly as they suffer. I would do that in a heartbeat for anyone I love. I'm sure most people would.
Of course, and I agree with the idea that most would...but then back to what Yorick suggested..why not do something to remove them entirely than intentionally make yourself a martyr? What good is it to sacrifice your health or sanity at this moment when you can't be there in the next to help them again? I'm just trying to suggest that there may be a way that you don't HAVE to take it on (if that is what someone may think) as the only way to resolve the situation... no offense intended to the question posed.

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

You don't need a spell to do this. But as it's been pointed out, healers often feel the pain of those they heal anyway. It's better to address the source rather than simply take on the pain of others. It weakens you and doesn't actually cure the cause. It's better to treat the cause.

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!
Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

Lycan wrote:This thought has crossed my mind a lot. I thought about it, and thought about it. does anyone know which spiritual culture works with pain transferring ::Anyone:: ?
It isn't a spell. It is called Tonglen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonglen

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:
Lycan wrote:This thought has crossed my mind a lot. I thought about it, and thought about it. does anyone know which spiritual culture works with pain transferring ::Anyone:: ?
It isn't a spell. It is called Tonglen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonglen
Even in Tonglen it is recommended to not take on too many things at one time!!!!

Even with reiki, after one sends healing out to many people, or even just one, a person also has to disconnect after sending or doing the healing, so that you don't take on the pain yourself and making yourself sick as well!!!! Because if you make yourself sick from taking on others pains and illness, then you are not able to help others ;) It is like breathing in the illness, then breathing it out and letting it go, if that makes sense to you!!!!

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Yorick wrote:Would it be a more reasonable idea to learn how to remove problems altogether, rather than transferring them to yourself?
I second that, why would you want to transfer someone else's pain onto yourself instead of removing it? Wouldn't it be more sensible-if you were to transfer the pain somewhere else- to transfer it to the earth or some other extremely big system that can deal with it and neutralize it?

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Return to “Dark Arts”