Basilisk Experiences?

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
Reverie
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I just checked the note on the most recent package I'm waiting on.I had chosen a reverse adoption, and with that I got a BASILISK. Unfortunately I don't know too much about them still.

I searched the forum and the encyclopedia, but I didn't really come across anyone's experiences with them.I have heard that they are great for protection, but what other abilities might they have? And what is the best way of working with them? Thanks.

If you don't believe in magic, then you can't believe in reality.
Farrell
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process

I have one that came as an unbound and was here for quite awhile, maintaining his distance at the perimeter of my home. My spirits indicated he would be bound by a seller and I would eventually find his listing but until then, he would maintain his distance until invited in. Binding was eventually purchased and he's been here for awhile.

I don't know if its true of all of them, but mine is very quiet and low maintenance. He is an awesome protector and unless he is actively working on something for me, he stays coiled up in my upstairs hallway, ever-present. He requires minimal interaction but I see him constantly and is one of the very few I have that never go off and do their own thing sometimes.
"al-ghuroor yantaqis al-Hikmah."
~8>X
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

One night and this was during wintertime a few years back, I was looking around in the DA section of the shop and I came across the basilisk section, so I was reading through them and all of a sudden I got this vision of the huge giant snake running across my yard in the middle of winter!!!!!

I am like what the you know what!!!!! So I looked again through the different listings and it didn't seem to be any of the basilisks that were there!!!! So i decided to put in a custom for him and I knew it was a him!!!!

So when my order came, much to my surprise, I had not one, but two that came through, the first one was older and the younger one was his buddy!!!

They both have been awesome protectors and will warn you if trouble is heading your way, sometimes through dreams, but mine will show me even when I am awake!!!! They like being around magic if you practice, and they love nut shells, I like eating nuts and so the shells are theirs ;)

When I was having trouble with a person driving his truck really fast down our gravel road and he did hit one of our cats, the next time he came roaring down the road, I heard a big thump and looked out and saw that the guy's truck had been knocked sideways and he had a dent in the side of the bed of the truck, and nothing else was there, but my oldest basilisk, said that this guy wouldn't be driving so fast next time he drove past our house!!!!

They also, at least mine, like to wrap around me to give me comfort, when I have a migraine!!!!

During the spring and summer we get all kinds of garter snakes showing up in the yard too, just showing me that they are having fun and enjoying the warmer time ;)

starfire ::dragons::
Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Zelda
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: changes day to day
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I've seen mine moving through the house and I talk to him quite a bit. He doesn't need a lot of interaction,but he seems happy to be here. The only issue I had was garter snakes coming into the house after he first arrived. I talked to him about it and we haven't had problems since. They're all over the yard and in the garden, which is fine. He's pretty low key and mostly does his own thing.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. ~Cicero
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

A friend of mine has a basilisk... he says that since connecting with his basilisk, he gets a lot of electrical activity. Lights flicker, weird stuff happens to his computer, TV, phone, videogames, etc.

He hasn't said anything else about it, but it's something that basilisks are known for.

Madly yours...
Lemon
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
tiamax
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 2

I have a basilisk and I find him to be really low maintenance as well. He does his job, but I will occasionally feel an invisible wrapping around my leg :) Ive never talked to him before though, or seen him in spirit form.

he does give me nightmares though he comes in the form of 2 big men, but I do see him as a large snake sometimes in my dreams :) ..

just another question for those who do have a basilisk, how will one "control" snakes in the house with a basilisk? I plan to move sometime soon to a large acreage house and I know there are snakes in that area, Im interested to see how I can avoid them, and if B my basilisk would to avoid the house.. hes been a great protector I can only hope hes good with getting rid of snakes here, Australia has pretty deadly ones and with my girls running around I will be heaps worried.
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

tiamax wrote:I have a basilisk and I find him to be really low maintenance as well. He does his job, but I will occasionally feel an invisible wrapping around my leg :) Ive never talked to him before though, or seen him in spirit form.

he does give me nightmares though he comes in the form of 2 big men, but I do see him as a large snake sometimes in my dreams :) ..

just another question for those who do have a basilisk, how will one "control" snakes in the house with a basilisk? I plan to move sometime soon to a large acreage house and I know there are snakes in that area, Im interested to see how I can avoid them, and if B my basilisk would to avoid the house.. hes been a great protector I can only hope hes good with getting rid of snakes here, Australia has pretty deadly ones and with my girls running around I will be heaps worried.
I do understand your concern as I lived in the south for a long time and there were plenty of deadly snakes in the area!!!!

Just task your basilisk with keeping out the deadly snakes, and he will!!!! You may see some of the harmless types, but the deadly ones I am sure will be kept at bay!!!!

starfire ::dragons::
Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Zelda
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: changes day to day
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I just explained to mine that no snakes of any kind were to be allowed inside the house, and to keep the poisonous ones out of the yard, for their protection and ours. He's done a good job keeping everyone safe so far. :superman:
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. ~Cicero

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”