Techno dragons

Discussions on specific races of dragons.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

jesse1746 wrote:Just to clarify are Techno dragons the same thing or a similar thing to the elemental metal dragons?
Depends, what is elemental metal dragon?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Pegasus
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote:
jesse1746 wrote:Just to clarify are Techno dragons the same thing or a similar thing to the elemental metal dragons?
Depends, what is elemental metal dragon?
Well, you know the five elemental forces of nature: earth, wind, water, fire, and spirit?

Well, within some Chinese systems there is another element of metal. And to be honest I've not heard of metal dragons but I'm making an educated guess here that if there an elemental force of metal and there are elemental dragons it would stand to reason that there would be dragons for that element of metal as well.

I could very well be wrong on that guess.

Anyway, getting back to the original question in this case are these techno dragons the same thing or similar to dragons of element of metal or no?

Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

In the Chinese elemental system, metal is an aspect of the earth just as wood is so I assume "metal" dragons are just earth dragons with a slightly different pull towards earth's minerals.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.
jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Rungr wrote:In the Chinese elemental system, metal is an aspect of the earth just as wood is so I assume "metal" dragons are just earth dragons with a slightly different pull towards earth's minerals.

That makes sense really, but do you think that metal dragon are similar to techno dragons?

Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

jesse1746 wrote:
Rungr wrote:In the Chinese elemental system, metal is an aspect of the earth just as wood is so I assume "metal" dragons are just earth dragons with a slightly different pull towards earth's minerals.

That makes sense really, but do you think that metal dragon are similar to techno dragons?
Nope, techno dragons sound like servitors/golems. "Metal" dragons aren't golems, of course, someone could make a psuedo one just as people can make servitor versions of any other races it just would not be the actual race. "Metal" dragons are living breathing dragons who weren't made by means of servitor/golem creation.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Rungr wrote:
jesse1746 wrote:

Nope, techno dragons sound like servitors/golems. "Metal" dragons aren't golems, of course, someone could make a psuedo one just as people can make servitor versions of any other races it just would not be the actual race. "Metal" dragons are living breathing dragons who weren't made by means of servitor/golem creation.
Ah, I should read more into servitors and golems as I know next to nothing about them.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

jesse1746 wrote: Well, within some Chinese systems there is another element of metal. And to be honest I've not heard of metal dragons but I'm making an educated guess here that if there an elemental force of metal and there are elemental dragons it would stand to reason that there would be dragons for that element of metal as well.
Mmmh, one problem is, the Western four elements are about the fundamental substances of natures, while Chinese five elements are about the changing phases of qi. In some translation, Chinese elements are called "five agents", "five processes", "five phases", etc. instead of "five elements".

It doesn't mean there's no elemental metal dragon, though. But in that case, it's different. The techno dragon in this thread is one related to technology, i.e. machination and electronics, instead of fundamental elements.

If you look at it from the Western view, that may be. But that's the usual misconception of hastily trying to fit both system, though, as seen in the exclusion of air (qi) and spirit (sheng) or void (wu).

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Elemental energy-wise, it's an aspect of earth. Not really talking on eastern vs western vs what have you. More on the elements through evocation dragons from both 'western' and 'eastern' beliefs. "Metal" dragons are more towards the metal minerals found in the earth just as wood is part of the earth. Or dragons who are a mixture of two elements to form a different one. I put quotes because it's not literal metal like the animes. So it's not exactly me using a misconception but rather using what may come off easier for others to understand because using my own terminology or at least OEC terminology it would not be conveyed all that well.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

jesse1746 wrote:
Rungr wrote:
jesse1746 wrote:

Ah, I should read more into servitors and golems as I know next to nothing about them.
They're pretty useful, especially in projection with a plethora of different uses and don't have issues with the energetic layer of the physical like most living entities do if they stay in it too long.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Rungr wrote: So it's not exactly me using a misconception but rather using what may come off easier for others to understand because using my own terminology or at least OEC terminology it would not be conveyed all that well.
You did say:
Rungr wrote:In the Chinese elemental system, metal is an aspect of the earth just as wood...
not "my own terminology of five elements" or "Ovarian Epithelial Cancer terminology of five elements" : p
And that's still within the Western view of four elements, not Chinese five elements. Missing that detail may create misconception, if not in you, then in others.

Return to “Dragon Races”