Techno dragons

Discussions on specific races of dragons.
jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Pegasus
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

So, are these techno dragons considering a living spirit or are such servitors/golems considered along the same lines as say a haunted object or doll where in the object isn't alive but is inhabited by a living energy?

Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

If you say so, but semantics aside. The actual dragon is not literal metal, how it differs from techno dragons is the creation and not being a golem. Of course, I have never heard of a techno dragon before but given it's a golem that makes perfect sense. The dragons who hold the "Chinese elements" wood, 'metal' earth usually belong to the same "tribes" needless to say they aren't all in one big family but you get the gist.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

jesse1746 wrote:So, are these techno dragons considering a living spirit or are such servitors/golems considered along the same lines as say a haunted object or doll where in the object isn't alive but is inhabited by a living energy?
For this seller, techno dragon is living entity. Not sure if there is spirit of them though.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Servitors or golems that have a soul bound to them are living in the sense of possession, but in this cases the possession is their body and not one stolen or taken. Even if the soul is different from the body it’s still what their body is, very much like a handful of people who are in soul not what their body is or in soul human but not the same “type” of human as their body.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Well, the reason I asked the question is that I cannot work with certain things magic wise and it's not about practice it just simply will not work with me.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

jesse1746 wrote:Well, the reason I asked the question is that I cannot work with certain things magic wise and it's not about practice it just simply will not work with me.
Mmm I suggest you contact the seller directly for consultation about this specific race. Not sure how active DLM is these days though : p

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote:
jesse1746 wrote:Well, the reason I asked the question is that I cannot work with certain things magic wise and it's not about practice it just simply will not work with me.
Mmm I suggest you contact the seller directly for consultation about this specific race. Not sure how active DLM is these days though : p
I will take that advice to heart thanks. I do hope once I get better skilled in the workings of magic I can learn more about the nature of this issue and hopefully eventually learn to adjust it down overtime.

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

darklordmidnight wrote:I've decided to start with pseudo dragons... so on that note. Please enjoy the info.

Long ago, groups of sorcerers used golems and homonoculi to carry out deeds that they thought to be either beneath them, or to dangerous to perform. Much as we do with modern day robotics. Thesr creatures were simple, souless automotons. And for most it was enough. However some sorcerers were not satisfied and tried to improve on the design. By giving intellegence to there creations. But intelligence with out emotion, mind without soul grew to be unmanagable. So thesr sorcerers attempted to capture spirits and forcibly bind them to these vessels. Most did not work out and had to be destroyed. However what did work were dragons. They had the indomitable will and fortitude to not only survive in these vessels, but thrive as well.

As time drew on the sorcerers died. And the golems lived on. Learning and adapting. Until they reached the point where they could and should be considered living unique beings.

The cold facts. Techno dragons inhabit bodies made up of artificial elements. Ancient ones retain wood and or clay bodies while the newer generations have adapted to technologies. Some look futuristic. However that is simply in appearence as they hold equivalent abilities to modern tech.
Technos can breed. Passing on a portion of their spirit and knowledge to their young. They grow and evolve by upgrading software and hardware systems.no two technos look alike. However all retain a recognizable draconic shape.
Technos are skilled with electronics and mechanics. And make wonderous companions to a human they deem appropriate.
they reside in the astral and never truely die as they will (with the help of other technos) rebuild their bodies. Often improving on them in the process.

I hope you enjoyed the article. Feel free to comment and debate.
Here's what the OP and seller said about them

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

hmmm, that seems kind of risky to me to work with techno dragon then and I do specifically mean myself here I am not saying anything against techno dragons themselves as I am sure they are great. In my case it's more an issue of "conflicting energies" at work. That said I have nothing personal against them so I do both them and the ones they choose much happiness and bonding. :)

Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

So basically they are like us just less “alive” in the sense it’s a soul of another being inhabiting a vessel just as we are souls of other beings (or for some another type of human) embodying a vessel but in their case the vessel is sorts cybernetic/robotic and what not.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss

Return to “Dragon Races”