acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Loki, Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Hey, everyone! So, in this thread, I'd like for everyone to share stories of their spirits bending the rules!

To get things started, I'll go ahead and tell an experience I had just the other night.

One of my rules is that no one is allowed to make noises at night at any location other then their altar.

My current altar for my spirits is on a desk in my bedroom. On the exact opposite side of the wall from the desk is a tree-like-bush with branches long enough to reach to the wall of the house and scrap against it.

The other night, while I was trying to go to sleep, the wind was blowing and I heard the branches of the bush start rubbing against the side of the house.

It kept going on and kept getting louder and louder over about 20 minutes. The branches just kept whacking and banging against the side of the house, but the wind was NOT blowing hard enough to be making it do that.

After about 20 minutes of just the branches whacking against the side of the house, more noise started. It sounded like rolling marbles coming from the altar.

That went on for a few minutes, then I heard some of the gemstone clusters I have on the altar to be shifted around. The branches hitting the side of the house almost sounded like someone was outside hitting it with a tree branch XD

So. Much. NOISE! :daze:

After about 30-40 minutes of listening to tree branches hitting the side of the house (with NO wind strong enough to be making them hit that hard), marbles rolling around and stones being shifted and clanked all about, I figured someone must have been trying to get my attention.

Yep. Wraith had something he had liked to say.

Technically, he didn't break the 'No noises' rule because the tree/bush is OUTSIDE of the house. Technically, that rule applies for INSIDE the house.

Me thinks... things are going to be interesting with Mister Wraith around. :devil: :skull:

Okay, your turn!
How have your spirits bent your rules?

I will tell you such foul truths and such beautiful lies, you will want to sew my lips shut.

Can a heart still break once it's stopped beating?
Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

My spirits haven't bent my rules. I don't have a lot of them, though they have pushed the envelope a it. I have a spirit that is kind of pushy. He has to have his way. I have a rule that states my spirits can interact with my husband. He is a spirit keeper so they won't scare him or anything, the only thing they are not allowed to do is hurt him in anyway.

Well "D" Has influenced the husband to buy things for me that benefit "D". D likes divination. I got a tarot deck to use with him that he liked. Well i didn't have anything special to keep it in. Well My husband went out to do some flea market shopping and came home with a box that fit the cards perfectly. Also If I am getting a reading or someone is working with any of my energy, "D" has go so far as to visit and hover over the person doing it. He is extremely protective and amusing!

Naru
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels and Abchanchu
Zodiac:

Well, not my spirit, far from it, it was a rogue who would NOT leave me alone, or follow my rules. But, it had been making noises all night, and my parents kept hearing it. So, I told it that under NO circumstances was it to make itself known to my family, anymore. Well, then it was quiet that next day until me and my mom were talking about the strange noises she had heard that night, and then the rogue spirit made a tap on the wall right next to us, and my mom was like, "Yeah, just like that!". I could actually feel it mocking, it felt so smug.

Needless to say, I was pissed. I didn't have protective spirits then, so it took a while to get rid of it, but I did. I had offered it to stay, but it didn't care to follow my rules. :P So, I made it leave.

NARU
~She/Her~

Zelda
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: changes day to day
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I haven't had any spirits who've bent the rules, but they can be just so darn LITERAL about everything. I had told them no unbounds were to be allowed in the house, so they blocked my spirit guide. It took a while for me to figure out why I had no contact with him. That was the first of many tweeks to the house rules. :crazy:

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. ~Cicero
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

I had a rule that aside from any unbounds (like guides and gods and guardians, ancestors, etc) that were already connected to me personally, no unbounds were allowed in my space.

So they kept telling anyone who wanted to be a part of my life that if they wanted to be a part of my life, they had to be bound. I got... 20 callings in four months. :wtf:

So... we now have a rule that only unbounds that mean me and/or mine harm are not allowed.

Also... I lost the list of my original rules when my computer crashed last summer. I wrote a new list of rules. I introduced the new rules. They kept following the old rules AND the new rules.

Literal doesn't even BEGIN to cover it.

I had to go back and explain... the old rules aren't rules anymore. These are my only rules. ::rofl::

Anyway... no one has ever tried to BEND the rules, but... my rules are fairly simple and flexible anyway.

Mad blessings...
Lemon

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Lemon wrote:I had a rule that aside from any unbounds (like guides and gods and guardians, ancestors, etc) that were already connected to me personally, no unbounds were allowed in my space.

So they kept telling anyone who wanted to be a part of my life that if they wanted to be a part of my life, they had to be bound. I got... 20 callings in four months. :wtf:

So... we now have a rule that only unbounds that mean me and/or mine harm are not allowed.

Also... I lost the list of my original rules when my computer crashed last summer. I wrote a new list of rules. I introduced the new rules. They kept following the old rules AND the new rules.

Literal doesn't even BEGIN to cover it.

I had to go back and explain... the old rules aren't rules anymore. These are my only rules. ::rofl::

Anyway... no one has ever tried to BEND the rules, but... my rules are fairly simple and flexible anyway.

Mad blessings...
Lemon
Oh my Lemon, that was great though!!!! :lol: :lol:

I keep my rules simple, sometimes my darker ones will ask if they can bend a few, and I will ask why, as mine are flexible as well, but as for changing any of them no, not at this time!!!! However things change as they always do, but the no harm to others and no harm to this family, will never change!!!! Deflect and defend yes, if someone is out to do harm to myself and my family, a good scare can work wonders in some cases!!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Morag Rockwind
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't have one yet but willing to learn it.
Zodiac:

My spirits haven't broken my rules. I had very strict rules in the beginning and loosened them when I gained more experience. They also knew that I don't mess around. Once they know you don't mess around they'll follow you till the ends of the universe.

Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Loki, Immortal
Zodiac:

Morag Rockwind wrote:My spirits haven't broken my rules. I had very strict rules in the beginning and loosened them when I gained more experience. They also knew that I don't mess around. Once they know you don't mess around they'll follow you till the ends of the universe.
This is about rule bending, not breaking. About spirits testing the waters to see what they can and can't get away with. :silly:

Certain rules of mine, I don't mind a little bending. Keeps me on my toes! ::rofl::

I will tell you such foul truths and such beautiful lies, you will want to sew my lips shut.

Can a heart still break once it's stopped beating?
laboshka
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 130
Spelled Number: 105
Your favorite spirit to work with: All Races
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Laboshka
Zodiac:

Interesting, none of my spirits brocke my rules, but i did't ask them to be quiet i like when they do noice at night it gives me filling that everything is in normal way.

The only way to walk through walls, the barriers of space, is through the voids that we create between here and that place.
Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 600
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

I personally don't have enough rules for any of my spirit family to break. They have a decent amount of free reign, with a few exceptions. They are all very good about not disturbing my roommate. She isn't even aware of what goes on in our house...as for the loud obnoxious guy upstairs? He occasionally comes down looking a bit paranoid, but that is his own fault. My cat boy does like to push it, but he mostly behaves.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”