THE LIST OF SOME VALUABLE DARK ARTS RULES

Resources and links to information on Dark Arts creatures.
ASH
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

LIST OF SOME VALUABLE RULES FOR DARK ARTS KEEPERS

- ENGAGE UNBOUNDS & REPORT
IF YOU ARE ADVANCED AS A KEEPER & YOU HAVE A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR SPIRITS THEN HAVING THEM ENGAGE UNBOUNDS WHO ARE WILLING TO COMMUNICATE & FIND OUT WHY THEY ARE THERE, ARE THEY JUST PASSING THROUGH? ARE THEY THERE BECAUSE THEY WERE ATTRACTED TO YOUR SPACE? WERE THEY SENT THERE? SOMETIMES THAT KIND OF INFORMATION IS VERY IMPORTANT & CAN HELP YOU DETERMINE THE ATMOSPHERE OF YOUR SPACE. HOWEVER, IF YOU'RE NEW TO THE DA YOU DON'T WANT TO DO THIS, YOU SHOULD HAVE A STRICTER STAND ON WHAT KIND OF UNBOUNDS ARE ALLOWED IN YOUR SPACE.

- DISARM MALICIOUS MAGICK
TASK YOUR DA SPIRITS TO IMMEDIATELY DISARM ANY MAGICK THAT IS SENT YOUR WAY BY SOMEONE ELSE, OR IS AROUND YOU BY CIRCUMSTANCE.

- KEEP WATCH IMMEDIATELY ON PROPERTY
TASK YOUR DA SPIRITS TO BE ON GUARD & ALWAYS AT THE READY TO ACT AGAINST ANY PENDING ISSUE

- PURSUE & REMOVE ANYTHING WITH MALICIOUS INTENT
TASK YOUR DA SPIRITS TO AGGRESSIVELY PURSUE ANY QUESTIONABLE SPIRIT, ENTITY, OR MAGICK AND REMOVE THEM FROM YOUR SPACE IMMEDIATELY

- IDENTIFY ANY POSSIBLE CONFLICTS
ASK YOUR DA SPIRITS TO HELP JUDGE THE CHARACTER OF PEOPLE, SPIRITS, ENTITIES, AROUND YOU. SOMETIMES HAVING THAT EXTRA INPUT BECOMES INVALUABLE IN CERTAIN SITUATIONS. SOMETIMES YOUR RESERVATIONS ABOUT A PERSON OR SITUATION IS CONFIRMED. THEY HAVE A UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE, LET THEM HELP YOU.

- HARM NONE
THIS SHOULD BE A STAPLE FOR ANY HOUSE RULES FOR ANY ONE. YOU DON'T WANT YOUR DA SPIRITS TO ACT ON SOMETHING IN A NEGATIVE WAY

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Endymion Ink
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Wisp
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Proud spiritual brother of Yllektmas
Zodiac:

Thanks, Ash.
Hadn't even thought of some of these.

Endy

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Everything I write I have lived;
Everything I write is an implication
Of that which I have not..."
- P. M.

"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." - W. B. Yeats
-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Thank you Ash, the part about identifying potential conflicts was something I hadn't thought of before.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

Thank you for this list! That was a really good one too about considering/identifying POTENTIAL conflicts. :thumbup:

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

This was an excellent post. Most of these rules were already a part of my "suggested guidelines," but...
ash-mda wrote:- ENGAGE UNBOUNDS & REPORT
IF YOU ARE ADVANCED AS A KEEPER & YOU HAVE A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR SPIRITS THEN HAVING THEM ENGAGE UNBOUNDS WHO ARE WILLING TO COMMUNICATE & FIND OUT WHY THEY ARE THERE, ARE THEY JUST PASSING THROUGH? ARE THEY THERE BECAUSE THEY WERE ATTRACTED TO YOUR SPACE? WERE THEY SENT THERE? SOMETIMES THAT KIND OF INFORMATION IS VERY IMPORTANT & CAN HELP YOU DETERMINE THE ATMOSPHERE OF YOUR SPACE.
This one... I simply stated that no unbounds with malicious or negative intent were to be permitted.

The pursuit and negation of anything malicious, immediately but without unnecessary harm has always been a part of my rules, as has keeping watch over my property, and reporting on all who enter my space, especially if there's something suspicious going on there...

However... the harm none rule... there are times when harm cannot be avoided, and there are times when harm is a type of resolution to an issue. I ask my spirits to do their best to avoid harm, but I also tell them that if they find a situation where harm cannot be avoided, they may do what they must... but in a limited fashion - only the absolute minimum required amount of harm for the situation to be resolved. No more than that. I think that's an acceptable but flexible solution.

After all. right now, my own body is merrily harming billions of microbes a second. Harm is hardly something one can avoid completely, EVER. Allowances must be made, and guidelines.

Bright blessings..
Lemon

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Lemon wrote:This was an excellent post. Most of these rules were already a part of my "suggested guidelines," but...
ash-mda wrote:- ENGAGE UNBOUNDS & REPORT
IF YOU ARE ADVANCED AS A KEEPER & YOU HAVE A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR SPIRITS THEN HAVING THEM ENGAGE UNBOUNDS WHO ARE WILLING TO COMMUNICATE & FIND OUT WHY THEY ARE THERE, ARE THEY JUST PASSING THROUGH? ARE THEY THERE BECAUSE THEY WERE ATTRACTED TO YOUR SPACE? WERE THEY SENT THERE? SOMETIMES THAT KIND OF INFORMATION IS VERY IMPORTANT & CAN HELP YOU DETERMINE THE ATMOSPHERE OF YOUR SPACE.
This one... I simply stated that no unbounds with malicious or negative intent were to be permitted.

The pursuit and negation of anything malicious, immediately but without unnecessary harm has always been a part of my rules, as has keeping watch over my property, and reporting on all who enter my space, especially if there's something suspicious going on there...

However... the harm none rule... there are times when harm cannot be avoided, and there are times when harm is a type of resolution to an issue. I ask my spirits to do their best to avoid harm, but I also tell them that if they find a situation where harm cannot be avoided, they may do what they must... but in a limited fashion - only the absolute minimum required amount of harm for the situation to be resolved. No more than that. I think that's an acceptable but flexible solution.

After all. right now, my own body is merrily harming billions of microbes a second. Harm is hardly something one can avoid completely, EVER. Allowances must be made, and guidelines.

Bright blessings..
Lemon

I have learned that as well as to what Lemon is talking about here, after having an attack of some unwanted spirits and entities sent here to do harm towards myself and family!!!! I have always stated no harm, but now it is a last resort thing if there is no other way!!!! Also only the minimum amount that can be used in deflecting it away!!!!

Sometimes that has to be done, but only as a last resort, if all else fails!!!

I hope that makes sense!!!!!

Sometimes others who send spirits, entities, and or spells, are hell bent on doing a person some real harm, and I just cannot allow that to happen to myself and family!!!! If there is another way of deflecting these types of things, I am opened to them!!!

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

ash-mda wrote:
- ENGAGE UNBOUNDS & REPORT
IF YOU ARE ADVANCED AS A KEEPER & YOU HAVE A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR SPIRITS THEN HAVING THEM ENGAGE UNBOUNDS WHO ARE WILLING TO COMMUNICATE & FIND OUT WHY THEY ARE THERE, ARE THEY JUST PASSING THROUGH? ARE THEY THERE BECAUSE THEY WERE ATTRACTED TO YOUR SPACE? WERE THEY SENT THERE? SOMETIMES THAT KIND OF INFORMATION IS VERY IMPORTANT & CAN HELP YOU DETERMINE THE ATMOSPHERE OF YOUR SPACE. HOWEVER, IF YOU'RE NEW TO THE DA YOU DON'T WANT TO DO THIS, YOU SHOULD HAVE A STRICTER STAND ON WHAT KIND OF UNBOUNDS ARE ALLOWED IN YOUR SPACE.
I do have a rule like this, it help me to know who is around and why. Sometimes they are just passing and wanting to see what we are doing, and we can end up having some interesting meetings and talks.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

These are great rules, Ash. I struggle with how to draft my rules... I'm copying this into the word file on my computer where I keep my house rules. I will use these.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I will add these to my rules immediately. Thank you.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
MasochisticMoans
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everything~
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

These are great~!