Espiritismo. The Boveda. Your "Guardian Angel".

Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Allen Kardec held the belief that mankind had difficulties communicating with the unseen worlds because man did not know how to pray. European spiritism as founded by Allen Kardec evolved when it transferred over into the carribean.

To be a 'spiritist' is to be an actively developing medium who believes in a universe populated by spirits,including those of humans. The spirits that walk amongst us. The spirits of nature. The spirits that reside in the stars and beyond the cosmos. Spiritists Believe Prayer Is an effective powerful tool in elevating one's spiritual state and awareness as well elevating other spirits into higher levels of consciousness for their personal development.

So do you need to believe in a Creator and Pray toward him? Not really if you dont want to. That's not necessary. Take out the christian context. When you pray, you pray straight from the heart. Words from the heart, like incantations, are powerful, and a method to invoke positive energies within your surrounding space. If you dont believe in God(A Creator) then pray to any god or demigod you believe in, or already have a relationship with.

When it comes to your "guardian angel" we all have one. Some believe that God has sent a Divine Guardian Angel To every man to be there mediator. But of course the more rational approach now-a-days, Our guardian angel is synonymous with what modern day spirtual circles in the western world would Identify as The "Higher Self". The part of YOUR soul that is elevated. Your Guardian Angel/Higher Self is an Extension of you. It can take any form or interface you want, or it can even be a separate entity of it's own if you desire it. Your Guardian Angel IS your consciousness but on a separate level, as it is part of your unconscious mind, it is the foundation of your intuition when it's trying to communicate especially in times of danger.

A simple way most people in the Carribean Develop there mediumship abilitys is to build a Boveda. You need a small nightstand or table. Pure white table cloth. A small vase of white flowers. A Cross(Without The Christ. The Cross Can Also have significance of representing The Elements, And the 4 Cardinal points). 7-9 Glassess of spring water or florida water. A kardecs book of prayers. Picture Or Portrait of a Passed relative(NEVER put someone who's still living) DONT use tap water, unless you have no choice.

The boveda is a spiritual altar set up to link the individual to the world of their spirit guides. It's like a miniature universe. The Boveda is a spiritual filter which collects harmful elements and bad vibration that may enter your home. If your boveda is maintained correctly, your life should be spiritually clean with little or no problems. This is a place where you can go to salute and communicate with your spiritual guides on a daily basis. Normally one would start out slowly, with just One Large cup at the center, dedicated to your Guardian Angel/Higher Self. It's also always good to have a "Right Hand" spirit as well. You can add or decorate the boveda any way you like, let inspiration guide you. Your Boveda Is normally dedicated to your spiritual Guides after all acquired, Non-Human, but for most practitioners in the carribean the Boveda is a sacred spot where they honor and communicate with their ancestors and any relatives whos passed. You change the water every 7 days.

Appropriate offerings would be Cigar, Rums, Candys, Perfumes, and anything the deceased individual enjoyed while they were still alive in this realm.

Maintain the Boveda correctly and it can serve as a spiritual homebase where one can meditate and pray. Pray to their closest God, Their Guardian angel, and their ancestors/relatives.

For many this is the simplest and fastest way to developing your mediumship abilitys. Especially Keeping a close relationship with your Guardian Angel And your Dead.

If anyone is interested there's 2 great books on Kardecs Spiritism and Espiritismo as it's practiced in the Carribean.

There's plenty of ways and methods on setting up a boveda that can also help by a google search.

"Sea El Santismo: A manual for Misa espiritual & Mediusmhip Development" By Mario Dos Ventos

"Collection of Selected prayers" Translated by Candita C. Gual (Original Version by Allen Kardec in French.)

Enjoy All.

Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

wow this is great Killa! Thank you, I would like to do this to develop the relationship with my deceased sister and a few other relatives who don't get enough time as they should for my gratitude towards our ancestry.

it sounds lovely, the boveda and reminds me of my mum putting beautiful artificial flowers on my sisters grave each season.

oh beautiful picture!!
AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thank you Killa for this article; it's given me many idea and the pictures are lovely. Several months ago, I set up an ancestor altar table, and was looking for other ways for showing appreciation. The more I'm reading on spiritualism and embracing the old ways, they feel more natural to me
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Beautiful pictures!!!! I love it!!!!

For years I have had my altar up and have redone it a few times over the years!!!!! I have dragons, angels, and Thor, and Bast, and an item from the Roman times and a few other things!!!! ;)

The point is that it does work!!!! Thanks for sharing Killa!!!!! :thumbup: :D

starfire ::dragons::
Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm loving these pics too. Very positive energy from them. I have thought about leaning towards more traditional spiritism as well, at least how my background culture defines it. Some of these books have guides on how to set up ritual baths with your boveda too for aid in enhancing your mediumistic abilitys.

Again, if anyone is seeking this path, when it comes to Spiritism A lot of emphasis is placed on building a strong foundational connection with your guardian angel(Or whatever you choose to call it) as well as your dead(Ancestors, Passed Relatives). Build a connection with your passed relatives, the better chance you will be able to see and hear the loved one's of other people too and will be in a better position to assist them with communication, messages, etc.

:thumbup:
Nocturna
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 9
Zodiac:

awesome info, I'm gonna check out the books you mentioned! thanks! ::nice:: :D
"In the darkness I heard your cry.

I reached out for you and felt you reaching for me too.

Your fingers grasped my hand and in that moment
I felt our souls became one"

Sequinox
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Sequinox
Zodiac:

Actually, as it turns out, it is easy being green.
jasbro07
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: fallen angels
My magical/paranormal name...: lovesclimbingthruwindows
Zodiac:

Beautiful, Killa; both the information and the pictures. Such loving energy! Thanks very much.

:candle:
'I would rather be whole, then be good.....'
Carl Jung

“Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my Fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past me, I will turn to see Fear’s path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.”
Dune by Frank Herbert

Return to “Educational Material”