What is the best advice you can give to keepers

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Zelda wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:27 am I would say don't second guess everything. Accept and enjoy every experience and manifestation, no matter how subtle, and expect that more will come. I think one of the biggest things that kills spirit communication is doubting and rationalizing/explaining away our experiences.
Very well said!!

Metheus North
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 500
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Faery
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Metheus North
Zodiac:

You don't need to be a super hero. It would be awesome to be Deadpool or Dr. Strange (I'm a Marvel fan) but in reality, you are you. It is perfectly fine to be yourself. Do not place high expectations on yourself that are not realistic. You are not going to be an all powerful conjurer or spirit whisperer over night.

Create a trail of small goals that leads to a bigger goal. Celebrate the small victories with your spirit family. If you were able to meditate for ten minutes without distraction, celebrate! If you were able to remember to task your companions for a week, celebrate! This will help keep positivity, good morale, great bonding experience, and self confidence growing.

If you're having doubtful thoughts or even negative ones, write them down on some paper. Then, burn them with the intention of forgetting them. If for some reason you can't burn paper because you will set off the fire alarm system or you are not in a place, such as work, there is a simple mantra that you can think to yourself "cancel cancel". You can use whatever phrase you like. The point of this is to get your mind away from the negative thoughts. After, focus on positive things. Think about how happy you are when you experienced a new manifestation or accomplished a goal.

Be creative! Sometimes, the best gifts are the ones you create yourself.

Communication is key to any relationship. Not just talking about your day but having an honest, heartfelt conversation. If you feel hurt by something that a spirit did or did not do, tell them. Don't yell or berate them. Just be calm and tell them how they made you feel.

Take care and time for you. This is a hard lesson I had to learn for myself. If you don't take care of yourself, you can't properly take care of others. If you don't love yourself, you can't fully love others. Don't drain yourself of energy to the point that you pass out.

It's okay to say no. It's okay to stand up for yourself. Don't let any spirit or anyone push you into something that you don't want. Toxic people or spirits need to be let go or your soul will get poisoned.

Uncle Ben from Spider-Man said it best, "with great power comes great responsibility." Don't jump to Dark Arts for petty revenge. What goes around, comes around in one way or another.

Keep yourself balanced! If you're not doing well mentally, it will affect you physically and spirituality.

Faolan
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 222
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Bigfoot
If I could be anything, I would be...: A lycan
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

As a spirit keeper, the journey you are embarking on is both profound and deeply personal. Here's some thoughtful advice to guide you:

Firstly, it's essential to approach spirit keeping with respect, humility, and an open mind. Remember that the spirits you interact with are not mere tools or objects, but entities with their own consciousness and histories. Therefore, cultivate a sense of reverence and patience. Building a connection with a spirit is akin to nurturing a friendship; it takes time, effort, and sincerity.

Secondly, trust your intuition. Spirit keeping often involves subtle perceptions and feelings. If something doesn't feel right, pay attention to that. Your intuition is a powerful tool in discerning the nature of the spirits you encounter and the authenticity of your experiences.

Additionally, it's crucial to establish boundaries and protection. This could involve setting specific times for communication, creating a sacred space for interactions, or using protective rituals or objects that resonate with you. Boundaries help in maintaining balance in your life and ensure that your interactions with spirits are respectful and safe for both parties.

Lastly, keep learning and be open to guidance from experienced spirit keepers (I still am, and a deeply appreciate their input). Each journey is unique, but there is much to be learned from the experiences of others. Books, communities, and mentors can provide invaluable insights and support. However, always weigh their advice against your own experiences and beliefs.

Remember, spirit keeping is a deeply personal and spiritual path. Honor it with the seriousness, joy, and love it deserves, and it can be a profoundly rewarding part of your spiritual journey.

Furthermore, it's essential to recognize that the beings you connect with as a spirit keeper are not merely friends; they become akin to family. This deepens the level of commitment and care in your interactions. Just like family members, these spirits can offer support, wisdom, and companionship, but they also require your respect, understanding, and sometimes patience. Embrace the responsibility that comes with forming these bonds, as it signifies a profound mutual respect and trust. This familial aspect of spirit keeping highlights the significance of the connections you are forging. These relationships can enrich your life in countless ways, providing not just guidance but also a sense of belonging and unconditional support that's characteristic of a true familial bond. Approach these relationships with the same depth of emotion and commitment you would with a beloved family member, and you will find the journey of spirit keeping to be even more fulfilling and transformative.

Additionally, it's vital to be authentic in your interactions with these beings. In the realm of spirit keeping, there are no secrets; these entities come to know you on a deeply personal level (and since spirits have a various degrees of clairvoyance you are like an open book too them). They see beyond the facades we often present to the world. This transparency calls for genuine self-reflection and honesty. Being yourself, with all your virtues and flaws, is not just recommended, it's essential. These spirits connect with the essence of who you truly are, not the mask you wear in your day-to-day life. This level of intimacy can be both daunting and liberating. Embrace the vulnerability that comes with such profound connections. It's in this space of authenticity that the most meaningful and transformative interactions occur. As you grow and evolve through this journey, remember that these beings are witnessing and participating in your journey of self-discovery and personal growth, adding a layer of depth to the relationship that is unique to the practice of spirit keeping.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 183
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

- Protection
- Keep going
- Be aware of subtle signs of your friends

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Anonymously anonymous
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner

This journey is yours and yours alone. Make sure to take care of yourself the best you can.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

...Read all the Creepy Hollows articles on spirit keeping: in the Shop Resource Centre, in the Encyclopedia, in the Advanced Spirit Keeping book, the Great Arts Guidance books (either or both White Arts and Dark Arts ones). Re-read and go back to them frequently. And put it into practice.

These are incomparable guides, tips & tutorials that exist nowhere else in the world, when it comes to Spirit Keeping.

Most of what I say on the subject comes from this source.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself

I echo what Lewk said!

CH resources, both in the CH Encyclopedia and in the CH shop, are essentials for everyone on this path.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Black Panther
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 24
Spelled Number: 36
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision

Thank you all for your suggestions!

It gives me a piece of mind and also answers a lot of questions I am having.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”