venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2047
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: love them all
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal/hybrid
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Just call me Blue!
Zodiac:

My question to you all, Lately i've been trying to explain to my parents what a spirit keeper is. And just looking at their faces tells me that they think i'm CRAZY!!!! :wtf: :wild: :ohcrap: .Man i got so fustrated trying to explain,that i went in my room got Magnolia and ashes book on spirit keeping handed it to my mom and said read this then will talk :thumbup: . I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share maybe their reactions from their loved ones or friends ::Anyone:: :feedback:

Life is what you make of it.fight for what you believe in.never give up
Heaven doesn't want me , hell is afraid i am going to take over!!
MasochisticMoans
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everything~
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

My boyfriend was perfectly understand with me. He was totally fine too and it doesn't bug him at all when I do strange because I am just naturally strange and nothing surprises him :D
As for my grandparents, who I live with, I haven't yet told them! I feel I can't tell my grandmother or else she'll think I'm schizo and send me to some mental hospital :insane: ::bleh:: She isn't into any of that and stuff. I can't tell my mum either as she is sort of the same way though she is highly intuitive and has been becoming more spiritual ever so gradually. :thumbup:
I can tell my dad as he always new i was different and has had many paranormal and spiritual experiences! He is perfectly fine except keeps telling me to watch out for things and such! He even knows his spirit guide's name and what he looks like and his guide did save him on christmas a year ago~ :wizard:

Oh and my friends just think I'm weird when I tell them that all these things to exist. But again, I am a very strange person so it is expected of me, oddly enough :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

In my opinion, I feel most people will understand after they learn more. It is something that feels right deep down and peels layers off of your understanding to the truth!

Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 600
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

I don't speak to my mother often, so she is virtually unaware of what I do. However, she is aware of the spirit world and she fears it due to past events that have happened to her. I imagine she would be unhappy if she were ever to care enough to talk to me. My best friends know what I do and a few of them have journeyed into spirit keeping with me. My employer is even aware and he already thought I was nuts, so that doesn't change much.

Sequinox
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elf
My magical/paranormal name...: Sequinox
Zodiac:

A lot of us keep it secret from those who may not understand. ;) I told my mom, who is open to a lot of metaphysical stuff, and she warned me against it! Lol. It definitely requires being led here on your own in many cases. My in laws, however, must never know! Very religious, and very closed to even stuff like yoga and any religious view but their own.

Actually, as it turns out, it is easy being green.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I only really tell people on a need-to-know basis. If I'm not spending a lot of time around someone it probably doesn't make a difference. My involvement goes a lot deeper down the rabbit hole than spirit-keeping, as it is. Lol.

Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

My husband and both my kids are keepers. THere are a few people at work that know. But other than that...need to know basis and most people don't need to know.

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

All of my kids know, except the oldest daughter who has now become more of a closed minded person since her hubby is more of a religious nut!!!!

My hubby knows I come on this site, but he calls it my witch site :lol:

He knows I am more pagan then christian but has no problem with that!!!

He also knows about healing energy and does believe in that has he has seen it work!!!! Also for the spirits around here, he calls them all ghosts!!! :lol:

Otherwise I don't tell anyone, as they don't need to know!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
what_lies_beneath
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 50
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire

To be honest it's impossible to try and explain to those that don't or won't believe..it's all about cookie cut societies tunnel visions...if it's not the *norm* it's not real...to them...

My partner doesn't believe much in spirits ...yet when I come over and there is a *noise* happening that's unexplainable... he'll straight away say I must have brought one of my spirits with me lol...little does he know there's more then one in my family and exactly what type of spirits he will not know...hahaha I believe he has an unbound anyway...haha so whether he believes or not... he's not alone :lol:

I keep this part of me to myself...mostly...I am blessed to have them in my life so that's all that matters :D don't care if no one believes

4bluefaeries
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 2047
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: love them all
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal/hybrid
My magical/paranormal name...: Just call me Blue!
Zodiac:

Hey there, it's nice to hear that even some of your kids are for taking spirit keeping. There's always going to be those who will never understand and tell us don't mess around with that suff and my fav YOU WILL BURN IN HELL!!!!. :devil: Some people i know only believe in God the angels and the devil,saying all the rest is fairytales. Not realizing that there is so much out there.They don't understand why we are so passionate about our spirits.Maybe it's us that just choose to remove our bindfolds and see the world for what it truly is!!!!! :rainbow:

Life is what you make of it.fight for what you believe in.never give up
Heaven doesn't want me , hell is afraid i am going to take over!!
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I have been a loner most of my life. I had spirits from an early age. To my family, I was an outcast, and the same was true in school. I had gifts from birth that my parents did not understand, and I must have caught the attention of the arc angels, as they started teaching me. As you can imagine, I learned much about spirit keeping from them. Because I spoke of them, my parents threatened to institutionalize me.

Ever since I could remember, my parents told me that they wished I was a boy so that I could be the youngest. I was supposed to be a boy, so they named me a boy's name, and outcasted me. I was supposed to be a boy so that they could stop having children.

When I was five, I drew a picture of my future husband, now my husband. My mother made fun of it and said it was a part of my imagination. No one had those things (hearing aids) in their ears. They criticized every prophetic dream I had, and they criticized that I could talk to things they could not see. They resented me for being a girl, and for having gifts they did not recognize.

Nine years after drawing the picture of my future husband, I met him. The first time he met my parents, my mother went and got the picture of him, which was an exact likeness of him down to the writing on the hearing aids. She looked at him, then looked at my picture and dropped in a dead faint. When she recovered, she started plotting to ruin our relationship. I was not good enough to have a boyfriend that might take me as his wife. I was supposed to be their slave for the rest of my life. Boy, were they wrong.

My point is, that if they don't need to know, then they should not be told. So not trust closed minded people with your gifts or your spirit keeping.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels

Return to “General Questions”