Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

As for interbreeding it happened all along but we didn't see a giant spike in this until the numbers started to dwindle. It went from happening at a normal rate just as any other species to GIANT numbers closer to the time the Dragon population was gone. Any species is going to migrate and move around and you'll see interbreeding here and there but not in the magnitude as the species was coming to a close as a standard creature here on Earth. From about 4,000 years ago to about 600 years ago you see a GIANT spike in the number of hybrid Dragons. Yes, it seems like a large time-span but not really when you think about the amount of time Dragons have been here.

There are a few reasons that I have heard why the Dragon population dwindled and since there are thousands of species that have gone completely extinct since the Earth began I can only regurgitate the information we've heard.

#1 A virus or bacteria infected the Dragon population (and likely other species similar to Dragons as well) and started to eradicate the population increasing in rate over time

#2 The religious & secular views raised to include Dragons in their vision of "unworthy" creatures and were slain by religious & secular groups including knights

#3 As the human race grew and populated areas larger creatures like Dragons, Wooly Mammoths, etc were killed and distributed as food, clothing, material for shelter, and their bones used as tools for religious use and day-to-day use

This seems to be pretty typical across the board with many species that are now extinct and I believe, as many in the paranormal community do, that all species of Dragons are probably not completely extinct and there are still some of the smaller variety (under 1ft) that still live in small groups in many places across the world.

Why would Dragons interbreed as their numbers dwindled? Referring to the aforementioned reasons given for species extinction as civilizations moved in large creatures moved out. Dragons aren't the only species forced to give up their home and move into new territory. If you took 100 Dragons (or 100 of any species for that matter) that were used to a certain area and climate and they were forced to move 100 miles South where it was warmer or cooler than they were used to not all are going to survive and adapt. As they are moved time and time again as human civilizations grew and expanded they are going to encounter others of their species and as their own race lessens they are going to interbreed.

To use Caiyros example of Native Americans we encroached on their country, as their numbers dwindled and they were forced to congregate thousands died for various reasons (pretty much all of the reasons stated above for reasons of extinction if you replace knights with the white-Americans) and some tribes merged to interbreed and some Native Americans didn't go to reservations and interbred with the white-Americans (I have this in my own bloodline on my father's side)... and some stayed true to their specific tribe and those numbers are significantly less than just 600 years ago!!! We're talking 600 years and look what has happened as opposed to what has happened to some species over thousands of years.

So why do these things happen? I'm not qualified to say as I wasn't here when it happened. I can only defer to what has been speculated and what, according to history, makes sense.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

So could it be that certain color dragons were indigenous to certain regions?

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
ambiew
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: faeries
Zodiac:

Ellen...Ireally want a purple dragon. :clap:
Alex, I think you are right that certain dragons are indigenous to certain areas

AMBER

"Vampires,werewolves and faeries make my life magikal"
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's absolutely right. You saw races like Blue & Copper in warm climate areas, White in cold to freezing temperature areas, Brass in desert regions, Bronze living near gulfs and seashores, Red and Silver both inland and on seashores where they could find caves, Green in areas dense with forests and Gold spread across these regions however not typically in freezing or high-elevation regions.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
clemboy13
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I would like to get a dragon sometime in the future,how much interaction do i have to do with it?......Is there one that is low maintenance yet just as effective as the high maintenance ones? Thanks! :)

Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

Dragons (with the exception of a Black) are sociable creatures and enjoy companionship. To repeat a phrase Magnolia
has used, they are the puppy dogs of the spirit world. I don't really think of them as high maintenance, but they do like for you to
interact with them. Wraiths are low maintenance as you can get.

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
MysticStar
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 90
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Which ones are the Talkers?
The Brass and the ??
I really want one that likes to talk..
so trying to decide which hybrid i would like to get..

“It's easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present and their past, but you'd be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often then not, it's lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundation of their soul.”

Psychic/Medium
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Alex is right, they are puppy dogs when it comes to their loyalty, compassion and spirit. They want your approval and care very much about your opinion of them and how you feel. I think if you want a Dragon that is very chatty a Sun Dragon (Copper and Brass) would probably be the most appropriate. Brass are highly talkative and Copper are trivia-buffs who enjoy learning and conversation.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Nosferatu
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Have been wanting a Fallow dragon but like ellen i want one that will talk to me! should get sun instead? dunno

~No amount of supplemental logic will cure instincts that are out of logic's reach, so if you whip your stone of logic against the wall you had better hear a sound~
clemboy13
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thanks Alex,I guess i shouldnt of said "high maintenece" exactly, I just dont have time to spend with all the vessels i already have and didnt want to add to that..I think a chatty one would be great or even one of the Coppers,they sound brainy :) .......But, right now a wraith would probably be the best for me , protection wise...I will have to read up, more on these...thanks again :D

Return to “Dragons”