Ayahuasca

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
FireMonkey
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 17

Very interesting topic...I never drank ayahuasca and I seriously doubt I ever will but I do think it can have benefits for certain people. On that note, as someone that has dabbled in entheogens before, I will say that going into any experience like that thinking or trying to get a certain ability/vision/event is probably not going to work out well.
Oh and I'm not an expert or anything so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that in the US while all the plants/components to make ayahuasca are legal to own, actually brewing or consuming ayahuasca is very illegal.

Amberly
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Maybe I missed a step but I'm curious. Where do you obtain legal ayahuasca?

For those who do take this road a suggestion. . . be careful. This would be similar to ripping open the third eye prematurely. Take precautions such as protection and don't put out negative vibes or you will attract nasties.

~Amberly~

Dare to be Different; Dare to Dream ~ Moi/ME
I'm the village crazy lady, that's my job ~Grandma Tala (Moana)
Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something ~Morihei Ueshiba
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Found this today, which I thought was interesting: https://wildhunt.org/2019/03/unleash-th ... ion-2.html

I would note that I think the word "ceremony" is a very important one here.
A study published in the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs found that long-term participants in ayahuasca ceremonies reported important psychological benefits. The research conducted in Spain involved 380 ritual users of the ayahuasca, a brew prepared principally from the Banisteriopsis caapi vine and used as a traditional spiritual medicine by the indigenous people of the Amazon.

Researchers found that, when compared to normative indicators from Spanish health data, users of ayahuasca reported reduction in the use of prescription medications and further reported higher healthy and healthy lifestyles including a sense of well-being and engagement of coping strategies. Participants who had used ayahuasca more than 100 times “scored higher in personal values”. The researchers caution that the findings are preliminary but urge for more studies to explore whether ayahuasca consistently produces public health benefits as well as the enactment of legislation that allows these studies of proceed which are currently limited by the legal classification of ayahuasca that limits its availability for research.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Also, there's a comment from another thread that I think is a crucial addition to this one: topic25383-20.html?hilit=ayahuasca#p369631
When using mind-altering substances to trigger psychic gifts you have no training in handling, please bear in mind that, because your mind is altered at the time, YOU WILL HAVE NO CONTROL OVER WHAT HAPPENS.... and the very flood you were trying to avoid by simply "getting your feet wet" using a psychactive drug could trigger several things...

One... it could gently turn on your gifts, and over the years, you could slowly grow into them, learning to control them as you go. This almost NEVER happens.

Two... It will blast everything you have open at once, with you having NO training to control anything. You will then spend most of the rest of your life taking psychiatric medications to control the backlash from gifts you cannot control. This happens most of the time.

Three... some of your gifts will be activated, but not all, in the manner of two above.

Four... either nothing will happen, or your gifts will be blasted open during the period of time you are under the influence of the drugs, and when the drugs have passed through your system, you will shut down again, further than before... and it will take an act of GOD to get you ever to open up ever again.

If you're lucky, number four will happen. Psychic gifts are not FUN. They can be useful sometimes, but they're ususally not FUN. I get that you want an experience. This is really not the way to do it. If you're NOT lucky, I can recommend a great psychiatrist. You'll need one.

Please note that my comments are not made to judge you for this decision. It's a serious decision. And you are free to make it, because it's your life, and your body. But you deserve to know the psychic and psychiatric side effects that are possible if this is the route you take to opening your abilities up.

Please also note that... Just because your sister is clairvoyant doesn't mean you are. There are MANY types of psychic ability, of which clarivoyance is only one. Perhaps you are psychic in a completely different way, but because of your expectations about what constitutes psychic ability in the first place, what you SHOULD be experiencing, you are not noticing what your gifts actually are.

You may already be open, and only require recognition of the fact to begin your journey.
Just a thought.

Kurioser&Kurioser
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: not sure yet
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Thanks for posting, Alys-RaccoonReadings, very interesting topic.

I was listening to a podcast where a fellow was recounting his experience with an Ayahuasca ceremony. Apart from all the puking, he had some very interesting psychic experiences and insights.

The highlight for him though was actually meeting the Mother. She was sad, he said, and when he asked her why she replied that the plant was being overused - misused - and she was tired and disappointed. She said it was to the point that she was unable to participate in all the ceremonies any longer and was considering withdrawing completely. It is a sacred ceremony not to be entered into lightly, should be used only when absolutely necessary and not to be continuously repeated.
How sad it that!

I have long been interested in doing it, but no longer think I will.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I'm in the same place with it K&K. It sounds profoundly sacred, but I have come to the place where I've decided I'm too old to do lots of vomiting on purpose.

Kurioser&Kurioser
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: not sure yet
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

LOL, I'm certainly with you there re the vomiting!!! :D

Freyulf
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 41
Spelled Number: 300
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

I want to give this a try , is three days of dry fasting before enough ?

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

You should work with an experienced guide and facilitator and not do this by yourself. If you find one, that would be a great question to ask them.

Return to “Connecting”