Larva/Larvae spirits

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters I-Z.
Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Loki, Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Does anyone know anything about larva/larvae spirits? Anyone have any? Have any interactions with them?

On a search on the internet, I found that in Roman mythology they are spirits of the deceased who were not laid to peace properly, so they wander around without a purpose and without peace. They torment other souls and spirits they come across; they haunt homes and bother the living residents there.

So.... anyone know anything more about them? I'd love to hear if anyone has ever worked with any...

I will tell you such foul truths and such beautiful lies, you will want to sew my lips shut.

Can a heart still break once it's stopped beating?
Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

::bump::

You share your experiences, I'll share mine? :D

I will tell you such foul truths and such beautiful lies, you will want to sew my lips shut.

Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

I'm not sure if it's the same thing because I -think- he was actually given a proper burial...but I did have an experience with a young human spirit that was attached to our roommate's son (who doesn't live here, but has visited).

This child was only about 5 when he died in a fire, I think. My roommate's children knew the family, but weren't all that close. For some reason the child's spirit attached to her son, appearing in photos as a grey mist and encouraging him to behave irresponsibly (sometimes dangerously). Her son is 13 now but this spirit was attached to him for quite some time even though his own family was still living.

Our roommates thought he was possessed by something malicious, but after I gave them my impression of what was attached to him I saw the boy for myself one night as he peaked in our bedroom doorway with a typical mischievous child's expression. I described him to our roommates and her daughter (who is about 15 or 16) recognized the description as a young child of mixed blood who belonged to a former neighbor family of theirs. He'd been the only one to die in the fire.

The spirit wasn't intentionally malicious, though. He was simply a mischievous child too young to understand discretion who simply wanted a playmate. The problem was that his attachment to our roommate's son encouraged him to act without thinking, completely disregard his education and do stupid things just for fun that put him and others in danger (such as causing a distraction on the school bus at a railroad crossing by flopping around on the floor as if having a seizure).

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!
Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

My understanding is that they are low energy spirits that attach themselves to your aura or astral body. They are usually drawn by your energy and the workings you do. Think of them like gnats.

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe
Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

Nightraven wrote:My understanding is that they are low energy spirits that attach themselves to your aura or astral body. They are usually drawn by your energy and the workings you do. Think of them like gnats.
gnats LOL That's an interesting way to put it. ...but...wouldn't moths be more accurate? ...like moths to a flame. lol

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!
Lady Elisa
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Too hard to choose!
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a secret!
Zodiac:

Nightraven wrote:My understanding is that they are low energy spirits that attach themselves to your aura or astral body. They are usually drawn by your energy and the workings you do. Think of them like gnats.
Ive heard this same explanation, except that Succubi/Incubi are this larvae/parasitic beings that are lower in vibration and eat sexual energy. I know a lot of people here have these sexual spirits but I have heard them being called parasitic before and overall just not healthy to have around. Hmmm anyone else heard this?

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

like gnats crossed with leaches.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Welp, I guess it's my turn to share about my guy.

Like Roman mythology says, he was a human who was not put to rest properly when he died.

He lived in Greece during his life. He practiced magick and worked with spirits and entities; he took a particular fondness in working with Black Magick and a range of DA and BA demons (one of which he married. She is also attached to the same vessel he is. She's an absolute sweetheart!)

Just as it is today, Black Magick was not-too-tolerated back then. When he died, those who buried him did not put him to rest properly because of his involvement in working with BA. His spirit was condemned, so he became a larva.

However, he doesn't spend his time tormenting the souls of other deceased. His wife keeps him from doing that. She's the boss in the relationship. :silly:

Return to “Dark Arts I-Z”