Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: don't know yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

So, I just got a spirit communication pendulum from CH. I'm wondering for all of you that uses pendulums for spirit communication, how can I be sure that the pendulum is my spirits, and not myself affecting the way it spins? How do spirits make it spin anyways? Also, this is kind of a dumb question, but how exactly do I hold it? Instructions that came with it says to hold it with your index and middle and thumb, but which way should I hold it?

AlaunarNoctis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: My friends of course
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire

Just hold your arm out while holding it. Steady it. There should be a protection invocation to keep malicious beings out. Tell the pendulum to show you yes, steady it again, tell you no, steady it again, and show you maybe. Again, after every answer make sure it is completely stopped. Then call out to your spirit, by name. Ask away! Believe me, you will know it is not your hand because you are not moving the pendulum, lol. Good luck!

I got lost in his eyes, and his ponytail.
KnowlegeSeeker
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Huh, jealous, I've tried this and got nothing. :hissy:

Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

Don't worry. You're not the only one to face this kind of frustration with using a pendulum. lol It's possible that you may be unintentionally "blocking" the answer. I have this issue myself. When asking questions, it's important to maintain a relaxed state of mind and body. Try not to anticipate the answers, but also don't try too hard to avoid causing movement yourself. If you try too hard not to make it move yourself, you can inadvertently prevent the spirit from moving it either. So just relax and blank your mind as you would during meditation.

If you're not sure quite how to "program" a pendulum or hold it properly, there are instructions both here on the forums and elsewhere on the internet. Just do a search and I'm sure you'll find plenty of instruction for those as well as protection. You always want to use some sort of protection when using a pendulum to ensure that you are interacting with the spirit you had intended to. This can be done by a simple shield, casting a circle or using a spelled piece which provides protection against unbounds. :)

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!
bennyba
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: dont have one yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Queen Neb Djinn
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: dont have one yet

Hi

Hope you dont mind Dissonance...but I wanted to ask this question

Do you need a spirit board to use a pendulums..my spirits so far talk to me through telepathy but it drains all my energy. Could you use a piece of paper with yes and no or with answers you want and then use the pendulum. I will probably buy a spirit board soon but would this work

Thanks

Love and Light

Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

You don't need a spirit board, talk to your spirits and determine what means yes or no. Up until a couple days ago, I have had no luck... my pendulum simply hung... didn't move in any way shape or form. Raenebula shared a way of grounding and centering with me that was fantastic and super easy. My pendulum hung at first, and as I started to ask questions, I felt a tug, and then it started to answer me. It was very distinctly different than if I were to move it myself.

Also, CH spells it for safety and stuff - lay down your rules, no one messes with it or pretends to be someone else - that way you can insure that it is who you think it is :thumbup:

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
SpiritTalker
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!!! :)
My magical/paranormal name...: SpiritTalker
Zodiac:

There is a question I've been meaning to ask, and since there is a pendulum thread started I shall conveniently ask it here! Has anyone ever tried to use a pendulum comprised of their spirits' vessels? I have three...2 rings & a pendant...all strung together for ease of keeping them with me most of the time. I though the other night, "oh, how handy, it almost forms a sort of pendulum on this chain!" I have yet to try it and I know you could theoretically use anything for a pendulum so, just wondering if anyone's tried it. Would it be more effective since their vessels are RIGHT there? Food for though! :)

[img\\buad.bloomu.edu\data\UsersJKL\jlehman\Desktop][/img]
Lucinda
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 65
Your favorite spirit to work with: white dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: mermaid
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhiannon TideCaw
Zodiac:

I think its a good idea, you can always ask them lol

My Charging Box,Treasure Cove,Casting Ground, A Granite Alter, My Magickal SanctuaryImageImageImage
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

You could use the vessels as a pendulum, and you can also string the vessels onto the pendulum's chain, and request they respond to you.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Sequinox
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Sequinox
Zodiac:

SpiritTalker wrote:There is a question I've been meaning to ask, and since there is a pendulum thread started I shall conveniently ask it here! Has anyone ever tried to use a pendulum comprised of their spirits' vessels? I have three...2 rings & a pendant...all strung together for ease of keeping them with me most of the time. I though the other night, "oh, how handy, it almost forms a sort of pendulum on this chain!" I have yet to try it and I know you could theoretically use anything for a pendulum so, just wondering if anyone's tried it. Would it be more effective since their vessels are RIGHT there? Food for though! :)
This is my preferred way to communicate with specific spirits. Yes, it absolutely works :)

Actually, as it turns out, it is easy being green.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”