Wraith and Volkh

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters I-Z.
LadyMoonfyre
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0

Been looking at these 2 recently for protection.. but what's the difference btwn these 2?

A.K.A autumnorange
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

A volkh is classified as a creature, while a wraith is a pure dark arts spirit. Volkh are white light.
They are very protective. http://encyclopedia.creepyhollows.com/a ... volkh.html

If you want the protection without having a dark arts spirit, a volkh would be a great choice.

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
rh1ann
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

A wraith focuses on revenge - getting 'pay back'

A Volkh takes the incoming evil, hex - whatever you want to call it - and neutralizes it.

Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. --- Carl Jung
kataru
new here
new here

Thanks for the Info!

hmm, with that said, I think I would like a wraith for my mom, so she just can seat back and let it deal with THOSE. I would like to believe that you cannot hurt someone without expecting that you wont be hurt back. I found it wrong when they can do as they please while you just defend. But she doesn't like dark spirits... but I'm already planning to buy her a volkh and a courtwind angel.

So many gods, so many creeds,
So many paths that wind and wind,
While just the art of being kind
Is all the sad world needs.

- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
bornawildangel
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

so someone would get a volkh for protection, but a wraith solely for retribution? I know it says that a wraith needs a responsible owner- do they have the capability of extracting revenge without thier human's knowledge?, of acting on thier own?

Laugh, Dance, Smile, Love, and Sparkle

"Friendship isn't about
Whom you have known the longest,
But about who came
And never left your side"
Rain
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Wraiths will protect you from any bad doings from others, evil. hexes, curses and much more. If you are confident in handleing them and set the rules of what you expect them to do, they are very easy to have with you. They will not seek vengence if you tell them - from the moment they come to you - but will for sure if you don't. Unless you live in a bad area you most likely will never notice them and they need nothing from you. They have a job to do and do it thats it. I have seen and felt several times my wraiths and I tell you their power is awesome and they make quick work of what is needed to be done.

I have several Wraiths in my collection and they rank in my top 3 entities. They have been excellent at keeping us safe at night and in fact driven away all of the "G's" that used to hang around my street.

Wraiths paired up with a werewolf or hellhound can make some of the best private security officers around! :thumbup:

And unlike other spirits/entities...Wraiths never sleep! Muuhhahahhahhahhahhahhah!!!!! :twisted:

My destiny is to know what I don't know
queenie
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Rain wrote "And unlike other spirits/entities...Wraiths never sleep! Muuhhahahhahhahhahhahhah!!!!! "

Oh, a bit like me then! :daze:

Living on earth is expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun
every year.
Vampire Lover [its a neck thing].
bornawildangel
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

:D I don't have one, they have never really called to me lol I was just curious. Its too bad I couldnt set one into my rental property though!

Laugh, Dance, Smile, Love, and Sparkle

"Friendship isn't about
Whom you have known the longest,
But about who came
And never left your side"
Vyprella
neophyte
neophyte

Hi,

This is interesting. I have a wraith at the moment and will be receiving a volkh soon.

Does a wraith prevent bad things from happening or does the bad thing have to happen first for it to do its work? I keep re-reading the article on wraiths and keep coming up with the conclusion that they right a wrong...and it doesn't say anything about prevention (although maybe I'm wrong).

Does a volkh prevent such bad things...this is the impression I got from reading a couple of articles....that is they are always on the look-out, patrolling...

Thanks all,

Vyprella
Clairsentient Being
"You can't ground me, for I'm neither living nor dead. How can thy ground that which is ungroundable?" Butters, South Park
Yeong
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Vyprella wrote:Hi,

This is interesting. I have a wraith at the moment and will be receiving a volkh soon.

Does a wraith prevent bad things from happening or does the bad thing have to happen first for it to do its work? I keep re-reading the article on wraiths and keep coming up with the conclusion that they right a wrong...and it doesn't say anything about prevention (although maybe I'm wrong).

Does a volkh prevent such bad things...this is the impression I got from reading a couple of articles....that is they are always on the look-out, patrolling...

Thanks all,
Hi there!
I think with protective spirits, Magnolia would probably say each person has their free will. So, if a person is on the path of destiny to do you harm, then there's little that can be done about this. On the other hand, your wraith or other protective spirit would probably try to put you in such a situation that you avoid meeting the person who wishes you harm. Or, if this is not possible physically, they will try to minimize the harm done to you to the best of their ability. If the action done is still harmful, in the case of a wraith (and if this agrees with your conscious intentions) the spirit will try to get back at the one doing harm.

Hope this helps!

Blessings,
Yeong

Return to “Dark Arts I-Z”