Poor Little Dragonfly

We love fur babies around here! Share your pics & stories!
SmokeyRose
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon / Werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I work as a janitor and for the past few days a bunch of bugs have been getting into the store where I work. I try to move them outside, but you know how that goes. Especially when you have to pry open two sets of doors to get outside before the store opens. :problem:

Well I've been noticing a lot of dragonflys around and all of them have been roughly the same color, a red orange cross. (Which is kinda ironic seeing as I got a new dragon friend whose red, with orange wings. :think: )

Well I noticed one on a taffy stand next to the front entrance, so I got the dust pan and tried to nudge it onto it so I can drop it off on a bush by the door. Well it had climbed up a little before flying higher up the stand. So deciding to push my luck I nudged it again, and it tried to fly away only to faceplant itself into the dust pan underneath it.. ::facepalm:: I'm not sure who was shocked more, me or it but I used the chance to take it outside to the bush while it was busy righting itself and cleaning it's eyes off.

(This happened yesterday but I forgot about it until I encountered another dragonfly today. Same color and size too. :think: )
˙uıɥʇıʍ ʇɥƃıl ɐ sı ǝɹǝɥʇ ɟı ʎluo pǝlɐǝʌǝɹ sı ʎʇnɐǝq ǝnɹʇ ɹıǝɥʇ uı sʇǝs ssǝuʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ uǝɥʍ ʇnq 'ʇno sı uns ǝɥʇ uǝɥʍ ǝuıɥs puɐ ǝlʞɹɐds ʎǝɥʇ :sʍopuıʍ ssɐlƃ pǝuıɐʇs ǝʞıl ǝɹɐ ǝldoǝd
drgnfly402
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 14
Your favorite spirit to work with: Can't Choose
Zodiac:

That's so sweet of you. I hope it lived and is going to be ok now.
When I ordered a couple dragons, some dragonfly's came around and they were coal black, but didn't order black dragons. They would fly right next to me when I go outside.
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
Marcel Proust

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Have always loved dragonfly, they are so very cool and pretty, with all the different colors!!!! We get them around here during the spring and summer and sometimes we have what we call a dragonfly storm, where a lot of them will be flying all over the place!!!! Sometimes thousands of them!!!!! They will even fly along side of the car!!!!

Yes they and the dragons all seem to like flying along side of the car!!! ;)

I hope your little dragonfly made it to a safe spot!!!!

starfire ::dragons::
Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
SmokeyRose
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon / Werewolf
Zodiac:

I think it did, or at least I didn't see anything to make me believe it hadn't recovered and flew away. The one I had encountered today was still there 30 minutes after I put it outside after a fire drill so I had asked it what was wrong and went inside. He was gone when I poked my head out the next time. (Probably plotting on how to get back inside the store.)
I'm not sure if it is her encouraging them or if it's just the area. I always imagined them to be something that stayed close to a source of water. (So I should be seeing more of them by my house not by where I work.)

I suppose if I was a dragon what better way to let someone know you're watching them then by sending something with the word dragon in their name, who is graceful, beautiful to look at, and amazing to watch flying through the air? (Or well mostly graceful in the case of the one who introduced his face to the dustpan. :silly: )

Sounds like a great way to spend the day Starfire! We seem to have that kind of day with ladybugs around here. (Or it was always a great day to catch hundreds of them.)
˙uıɥʇıʍ ʇɥƃıl ɐ sı ǝɹǝɥʇ ɟı ʎluo pǝlɐǝʌǝɹ sı ʎʇnɐǝq ǝnɹʇ ɹıǝɥʇ uı sʇǝs ssǝuʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ uǝɥʍ ʇnq 'ʇno sı uns ǝɥʇ uǝɥʍ ǝuıɥs puɐ ǝlʞɹɐds ʎǝɥʇ :sʍopuıʍ ssɐlƃ pǝuıɐʇs ǝʞıl ǝɹɐ ǝldoǝd
Luminoire
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0

What a good read!

I also love dragonflys and I have noticed that my garden is full of them this year!

Sadly my cats sometimes catch some of them, injure their wings and that´s that then :(

But only today I saved one!
It was behind a flower and my cat was just about to get it and then I chased away the cat and the dragonfly could escape. I was relieved. :pray:

I always try and save all little animals from my cats claws if I get the chance, although they are just following their natural instinct...I know... . :oops:

Return to “Paws, Claws, Feathers, Furries & Fins”