Reasons for spirit-keeping

Daneerie
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I'm in a mix of both. I started reading about spirits not too long ago because my childhood and good portion of my teenagehood was still unexplained to me. I had visions all the time but they used to scare the hell out of me so I prayed to not see spirits anymore... needless to say, I regret that deeply and hope I can regain that "sight".

I had no idea one could keep spirits and when I found out I was very interested about the subject and then realized they could help us with our life situations. So I started keeping. However the more I read about it, the deeper my reasons for keeping them get... now I don't feel I want them in my life just to help with my life, but also to help me rediscover spirituality and, ultimately, to be my friends. Their vessels aren't even here yet but I already have a deep respect for my spiritual friends :thumbup:

Like any friend, I know they can and will help me with anything I need that is in their ability, but also like any friend... I love them for no special reason. Just because. :inlove:

My spirit family: gryphon, 2 arkan sonney, ki-lin, cwn anwnn, amphisbaena, unicorn, pegasus, 2 phoenix, gargoyle, duojna, wraith, fylgia, volkh, courtwind angel, bronwyn angel, sterling angel, blue dragon, black dragon, 1 divine dragon, 2 red dragons, 2 silver dragons, green dragon, 2 star faery, marid djinn, 2 gold djinn, cleopatra djinn, ifrit djinn, golden djinn, manananggal, sang and energy vamp, faery/djinn mix, werewolf, liderc, hellhound and I love them all! :inlove:
-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
Zodiac:

For me it's both 1 and 2. They are my friends and they keep me company; they are here even when no one else is so I know I can never be truly alone unless I want to, but they also help me discover things about myself and progress on my journey. I can honestly say that I enjoy working on things with them as much as I enjoy getting to know them and discovering things about the different races of spirits as well as their unique personalities.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

It's a little of both for me.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

I think connections help me develop and continue along my path...

What has been most influential to me, has not directly come from those who are spirits in my keep... though they have certainly supported and helped within my sphere of focuses. It's been... outside influences... deities.. surprises... and outside inspirations..

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Bunnicular wrote:I think connections help me develop and continue along my path...
Can't edit...

Meant to add connections, speaking on a broader scale.... help me develop and continue along my path...

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
4bluefaeries
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 2047
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: love them all
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal/hybrid
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Just call me Blue!
Zodiac:

1 and 2 for me. I guess I just knew there was more to life then what the eye can see.

I was fulfilled with my religions ''Catholic'' and frankly I refuse to settle on
things that didn't fully make sense to me. I knew there was more to life then what I was taught.

I also believe I had a calling. They came in my life when, and still do ,I needed them the most. :grouphug:

I believe those of us who have found or being given the gift of being a keeper have been bestow a true priceless blessing that all the silver, gold, diamonds, money in the world would never even come close on how they have enriched our very lives.

I consider myself extremely privilege and have great honor and respect for my beloved spiritual family/friends!.

Life is what you make of it.fight for what you believe in.never give up
Heaven doesn't want me , hell is afraid i am going to take over!!
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon

I have a different motivation altogether. It's the relentless pursuit of knowledge. I am passionate about learning, so when I stumbled upon this path by chance, I plunged into it with unwavering enthusiasm and zero reservations. I have been living alone for many years and have always been outgoing, so I never feel lonely or lacking in human interaction. Initially, I thought I yearned for companionship, but as it turns out, all I truly desire is to expand my knowledge.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
StarofHope
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: I cant choose.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Hope
Zodiac:

Personal development has always been important to me and spirits offer a lot of support and help when it comes to personal development and also spiritual development. I find myself expanding my keep slowly because they offer support in different areas of my life. It is a journey we are on together as a family.

Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself

For myself, experiencing and interacting with their energies has made me feel inspired and fulfilled. The paranormal is an integral part of what makes me who I am and who I want to be.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: ...it's a secret!
My magical/paranormal name...: ...it's also a secret.

0x. My reasoning was for companionship as well. 0x.

|..| Hail Thyself |..|

Return to “Spirit Keeping”